Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like Webasto, I can't please 100% of the customers 100% of the time. But at least my posts are worth the price of entry! (Free-99)

So you compare your post to the quality of Webasto? I think you should have used different analogy.
Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Audi's internal Torsen center differential was covered specifically and in great detail in the thread I linked to above (that neither of you bothered to read, yet keep talking on the topic vaguely without seeming understanding of how that system actually works, or how it compares to a modern hydraulically operated center differentials)

Audi's Quatro an antiquated design by today's standards, is heavy, and creates a very nose-heavy car due to the transmission being nearly ahead of the front axle.

Certainly worth a read to understand the systems you're talking about instead of referencing them blindly.
Have you ever watched an Audi quattro rally car, pretty darn impressive.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4A was a must for me. I only have 2 regular part time 4x4 trucks now. Having to shift in and out in tight parking lots or gas station just gets annoying after enjoying AWD and Auto4x4 in my other vehicles for 6 months out if the year.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you ever watched an Audi quattro rally car, pretty darn impressive.
I followed group B religiously.

Have to admit to not seeing a lot of Group B on the tele lately. Probably not in at least 45-50 years. Wonder if they ever came up with modern versions of quattro?

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you manage to be a dick in every post I see you in? Youā€™re that one guy no one talks to at a party because you canā€™t stop from being an annoying know it all, arenā€™t you? Every comment I see of yours, youā€™re either talking down to the person or trying to play goalkeeper on the conversation. Whatā€™s up with that? Do you need someone to talk with?
Chill out bro. I would absolutely hang out with Rick. Heā€™s been around here for a long while and has given us great insights that have helped us along our bronco journey.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chill out bro. I would absolutely hang out with Rick. Heā€™s been around here for a long while and has given us great insights that have helped us along our bronco journey.
Yeah, he also treats people like crap on a constant basis. I don't care if he's been here forever as that does not excuse poor behavior. And if it does, that speaks volumes.

I see him start shit with people for absolutely zero reason on a constant basis.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I followed group B religiously.

Have to admit to not seeing a lot of Group B on the tele lately. Probably not in at least 45-50 years. Wonder if they ever came up with modern versions of quattro?
Rally drivers are absolutely nuts and the most talented drivers hands down (IMHO). Loved our S4 and my Q5 but I don't live in the snow, sometimes I'd wished I did!

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, he also treats people like crap on a constant basis. I don't care if he's been here forever as that does not excuse poor behavior. And if it does, that speaks volumes.

I see him start shit with people for absolutely zero reason on a constant basis.
Sorry. I strongly disagree. He has shared so much information on this forum and has been be very patient with those who want to learn.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry. I strongly disagree. He has shared so much information on this forum and has been be very patient with those who want to learn.
I agree. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge. I enjoy reading his answers.

Very much an asset to the forums.

Iā€™m a firm believer a person in his position should act like he expects others to act on this forum. Heā€™s no rookie. This is just basic human interaction type stuff here.

Either way, Iā€™m done with this conversation, no offense. I appreciate your dedication to Rick though, itā€™s admirable.

Cheers to both of you fine people.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Skipped 4A this time. Had it in 2 prior vehicles. Never once had the need for it. If I lived somewhere where it snowed I would have opted for it, though.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correctā€¦

ā€¦well, that is to say, there is no separate ā€œHigh IPā€ in MY21ā€¦

ā€¦not sure what path we took to get there, but all IPs are the same across the board in that regard.
I thought it was the difference in SQUISH or not SQUISH between BL and BD door card uppers?

Brochacho

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What trims offer 4A? I use it all the time in my 750hp F150 and it's a must-have IMO.

armymp71

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi q3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should attend a Bronco Off Rodeo event. I was amazed at how just using the stock model performed without any of the HERO switches turned on. The design is amazing/very capable and a super comfortable ride even off road. I went to the Texas location with my son, we had a great time and I changed my order to a big bend 2 door with the 2.3 automatic.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More important than the 4A is the locking rear differential that comes with it. Also the 4.27 gears will be a better choice than 3.73 gears. Keep in mind on the 2.3 Peak Torque is at around 3000 RPM and the 2.7 is around 3200 RPM for peak torque - which is often near the most efficient the motor is in regards to volumetric efficiency.

2500 RPM in 10th gear
3.73 - 97 MPH
4.27 - 85 MPH
4.70 - 77 MPH

3000 RPM in 10th gear
3.73 - 117 MPH
4.27 - 102 MPH
4.70 - 93 MPH
Sponsored