First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
One great thing about Jeeps is all the how-to videos there are on YouTube.
It may take a few years for the Bronco to catch up.
On a jeep whatever you want to do from a simple oil change or change the brake pads to pulling a transmission has a video of how to do it.

suggestions for people watching this video and trying to do this. Be careful you don't tear the ball joint boot when you separate the upper ball joint or tear the boot on the tie rod.
They shouldn't be hard to separate with the Bronco being new but a few years from now they may not want to come apart.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting how it fits both non-Squatched AND Squatched. The 4WP kit is no yellow shocks🤔

Edit: Also noticed how easy it is just to remove the sway bar instead of messing with manual disco's I might just take the whole thing off when I hit the trails. ;)
I think it fits both because the amount of lift is so small. At some point you hit the max angle a CV joint can do. Then to lift it more you need to drop the differential lower to reduce the CV angle. 1 inch more is not much but I have worked on trucks that did not have 1 inch extra on the CV joints.
On the bronco, is the bump stop built into the shock or it it on the upper control arm?
If the bump stop is on the upper control arm then you may lose some wheel travel with this kit.
So many questions until I have a bronco here to look at.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit: Also noticed how easy it is just to remove the sway bar instead of messing with manual disco's I might just take the whole thing off when I hit the trails. ;)
I know your joking about the sway bar but maybe you could swap to the automatic disconnecting sway bar. Assuming it attaches at the same spot in the Badlands.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One great thing about Jeeps is all the how-to videos there are on YouTube.
It may take a few years for the Bronco to catch up.
On a jeep whatever you want to do from a simple oil change or change the brake pads to pulling a transmission has a video of how to do it.

suggestions for people watching this video and trying to do this. Be careful you don't tear the ball joint boot when you separate the upper ball joint or tear the boot on the tie rod.
They shouldn't be hard to separate with the Bronco being new but a few years from now they may not want to come apart.

Sage advice. ;)

And on your last comment about hard to come apart. You ought to work on vehicles in the rust belt and have to explain to someone who wants a lift why it is x amount of more $$ because when we tried to take it apart everything is rust-welded together and I have to cut it apart.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know your joking about the sway bar but maybe you could swap to the automatic disconnecting sway bar. Assuming it attaches at the same spot in the Badlands.
There was a another thread here recently that discusses this. The Badlands SBD is tied into all sorts of systems on the Bronco. It's not going to be as easy as just bolting it up. One can hope that it will all boil down to a positive and negative lead off the SBD that can just be run to a switch but I wouldn't count on it.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kind of. 😁 If the Bronco would be a DD for me yes. Going 70/80 MPH in traffic you need a sway bar. But it is my fun haver machine so I can handle the non sway bar ride.

In the 90's I rocked my fox body without a sway bar for awhile, I was drag racing it a lot back then so drag racing and anything that hinders front suspension travel do not mix. :ROFLMAO:

One thing to remember when driving without a sway bar ........you cannot make sudden jerks of the wheel. Body will roll and it is an easy way to flip something that has a high COG. In the stang it would push a lot in the corners, but if I knew the road and made the proper entrance into a corner it was smooth sailing.

A man has got to know his limitations.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sage advice. ;)

And on your last comment about hard to come apart. You ought to work on vehicles in the rust belt and have to explain to someone who wants a lift why it is x amount of more $$ because when we tried to take it apart everything is rust-welded together and I have to cut it apart.
Some of my 1st gen Blazers I didn’t even try. Went straight to the sawzall or torch and just replaced everything. Looking forward to working on a new vehicle.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

is there a link to where to buy this kit? I think the Broncos look alot better when body is leveled and not leaning down on the front wheels.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This looks like it's going to be the go-to spacer product for people who don't want their friends to know that they're running spacers.

I love it. Yes you don't gain any travel, but sometimes lifting the subframe up an inch is all you need to get over what you need to get over.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it fits both because the amount of lift is so small. At some point you hit the max angle a CV joint can do. Then to lift it more you need to drop the differential lower to reduce the CV angle. 1 inch more is not much but I have worked on trucks that did not have 1 inch extra on the CV joints.
On the bronco, is the bump stop built into the shock or it it on the upper control arm?
If the bump stop is on the upper control arm then you may lose some wheel travel with this kit.
So many questions until I have a bronco here to look at.
Unless portals become a thing then CV angle is WAY less of a problem without dropping the diff….

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting how it fits both non-Squatched AND Squatched. The 4WP kit is no yellow shocks🤔

i did on my taco and never put it back on. Drove fine… you’ll make adjustments.
Sponsored