Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why don't they simply do that from the factory?
Because a vehicle pointed slightly down gets slightly better gas mileage. It’s to make the MPG look as good as possible, same reason all cars now have auto start stop. Every tiny bit improvement makes a difference.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just changed the struts in my Rx350 as I figure I need it to last another year at the rate My bronco is getting built. What I would not give for a car lift that allowed me to access all that crap standing up ;-) it makes it so much easier
Sage advice. ;)

And on your last comment about hard to come apart. You ought to work on vehicles in the rust belt and have to explain to someone who wants a lift why it is x amount of more $$ because when we tried to take it apart everything is rust-welded together and I have to cut it apart.
Amen to that. Had to just cut the sway bars off my Rx350 to get those damn things off. Whoever designed those to be taken off requiring a hex wrench and a socket should have their head examined. All of them stripped out. Hope to keep the Bronco a little less rusty down there.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could of put a full lift on a wrangler in the time it takes to put a level. 😉 wranglers still drive like shit though.
Makes it more appreciative when you do it yourself and it works though... Everyone has a lifted Wrangler, very few have a leveled Bronco.

Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just changed the struts in my Rx350 as I figure I need it to last another year at the rate My bronco is getting built. What I would not give for a car lift that allowed me to access all that crap standing up ;-) it makes it so much easier

Amen to that. Had to just cut the sway bars off my Rx350 to get those damn things off. Whoever designed those to be taken off requiring a hex wrench and a socket should have their head examined. All of them stripped out. Hope to keep the Bronco a little less rusty down there.
It's nowhere near as convenient as a lift, but there are a decent amount of reasonably affordable/reliable ramps that give you 12" of room to work with.

ronnieb1958

Outer Banks
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because a vehicle pointed slightly down gets slightly better gas mileage. It’s to make the MPG look as good as possible, same reason all cars now have auto start stop. Every tiny bit improvement makes a difference.
Wow, that's makes sense. I still would rather have a level look. Thanx for the wisdom.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
was just watching this video again and it occurred to me the badland guys/gals may have a difficult time with this lift as the sway bar is attached to the knuckle. There must be some way to force the badlands sway bar to disconnect? If not, it will be a bear to remove the shock/coils

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to see how everything goes together. I like it!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its videos like these that make me realize how non-mechanical I am.
It aint about being mechanical. Its about being willing to try. Everything only goes back together one way that works.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was cringing as he hammered down those ball jt./rod-end and axle nuts. Finally at the end to mention using a torque wrench. Anybody overtorque a upper/lower ball joint on a F250? See how that drives for you. :cry:

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It aint about being mechanical. Its about being willing to try. Everything only goes back together one way that works.
That’s 100% right.
Having the confidence to try is 50% of the job, the right tools is 25%. You can bumble through the rest.
You can watch all the YouTube videos you want but the only way to learn is to get your hands dirty.

Edit: With the exception of an automatic transmissions. That shit is black magic! :LOL:

Last edited: