Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So looks like invoicing prices are pretty consistent at about 3.5% below msrp across the board by my math. That’s less than fca was doing on jeeps (gladiators anyway). Be interesting to see how x plan prices them out.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with this said, does that mean I can "assume" invoice (w/o holdback) will be around $1500 below numbers shown? Thus then therefor x-plan would be something 'like' (let's use Base 2 door) 28,073 - $1500 - 106.29 (.4%) + $100 (max fee dealer allowed to charge) = $26,567

Obviously this is all theoretical like so just bare with me. And does holdback still exist when using x-plan? Because if it does, then x-plan won't do shit. If it doesn't, then that made up number I highlighted in Bold isn't too bad. Better than MSRP by just under $2000.

Makes me wonder if that dealer in Iowa is using the Invoice w/holdback for their $1000 below invoice. Which in turn would put that close to $500 over x-plan.

Hope I didn't lose anyone, look forward to an answer. Thanks.

Edit: Plus all other doc fees and delivery and stuff.
Xplan is usually ABOVE invoice not below. Around 150 bucks or so. Typically, When Ford has a high volume Product that is well stocked, ex- F150 STX , they are advertised at or below invoice in some cases. Xplan is a mediocre deal in SOME cases. In this case, it may shake out ok. Xplan prevents a lot of
Dealers from super inflated fees and does make the process very streamlined. Xplan is the least generous discount plan, certainly not knocking it but the .04 under invoice is not accurate. That Granger deal looks great and Hopefully its the real deal but color
Me skeptical. I cant see any reason they would give up a portion of their holdback. Im curious to see how much for shipping and who they ship through.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I took a gamble picked the 4dr OBX trim because it has the Auto and part of the HOSS standard already so will be interesting what the Sasquatch option for that trim $ will be. if that doesn't work the way I think it might, then I may just go WildTrak. Right now thats 8k jump without any non standard options to play with. Guess we find out in a couple weeks going to be interesting.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I get the invoice vs msrp, but what is holdback/how dies it work. I’m a little lost on that part. Trying not to be ignorant when it comes time to putting dollars out there.
Holdback is money the dealer receives to sell a particular vehicle from Ford. This margin is often thought of as the money that “keeps the lights on” , pays floorplan on other vehicles etc. In the used car market this is also referred to as “Pack”

Sponsored

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get that. But as I stated the jump from a Badlands to a Wildtrak gets you Sasquatch, 2.7, auto and I forgot the hard top for under $7k. I just can't see the Sasquatch being as high as some people think. Or maybe the Wildtrak is the most absolutely bang for the buck with everything packaged in.
This is good news. I was hoping to have all these addons plus the tow package under 10k.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Xplan is usually ABOVE invoice not below. Around 150 bucks or so. Typically, When Ford has a high volume Product that is well stocked, ex- F150 STX , they are advertised at or below invoice in some cases. Xplan is a mediocre deal in SOME cases. In this case, it may shake out ok. Xplan prevents a lot of
Dealers from super inflated fees and does make the process very streamlined. Xplan is the least generous discount plan, certainly not knocking it but the .04 under invoice is not accurate. That Granger deal looks great and Hopefully its the real deal but color
Me skeptical. I cant see any reason they would give up a portion of their holdback. Im curious to see how much for shipping and who they ship through.
This is the key with X-Plan. For a lot of Bronco reservation holders, it is $25 worth of insurance. It should be the highest price you pay (unless you ordered a First Edition, then God have mercy on your soul). If a dealer is going $1000 under invoice on a Wildtrak, great. But at least you didn't get charged ADM if they aren't doing that.

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am actually surprised to see how many people believe the X plan will get them a discount.
If anything you can hope that the X plan gets you to MSRP.

While at ford I would constantly check the discount variance on all vehicles between A plan and X plan.

things to note:

A plan is obviously always better - but still not that great in some cases
The steepness of discount tends to be based on the profit margin of the vehicle. A-plan would knock a lot of money off of the F-150 (large profit margin), but almost nothing off of fusions (at the time).

I would assume that the Bronco will have a large profit margin... but demand will also be very high so ford will have little incentive to offer good discounts.

In summation - if you can't get your hands on an A plan, you won't be paying below MSRP.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am actually surprised to see how many people believe the X plan will get them a discount.
It's very simple, look at some of the articles other sites have written about x-plan. They talk about around 'invoice'. And personally in my book, I never even thought about dealer invoice (invoice + holdback). If you're lucky, a few of the articles even use something like a Focus or a Ranger as an example. That particular example shows about $2000 in savings over MSRP.

So maybe not everyone is as smart as you, I get that. There are quite a few here who either get limited info on this, or are only 'reading' what they think they see and not thinking deeper into it.

Like some have said around here though, at least x-plan (if accepted) would nullify any ADM's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering it's MSRP was $156K, guy who bought it probably thought he got a good deal :D

Hey @texheim , how's the sis? She ever find out about you offering her up on this site? LOL

Look further down (whoops my posts is further down... look back up), $1 over Invoice is a pretty crappy deal IF it's on dealer invoice which includes hold back. :(

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's very simple, look at some of the articles other sites have written about x-plan. They talk about around 'invoice'. And personally in my book, I never even thought about dealer invoice (invoice + holdback). If you're lucky, a few of the articles even use something like a Focus or a Ranger as an example. That particular example shows about $2000 in savings over MSRP.

So maybe not everyone is as smart as you, I get that. There are quite a few who here who either get limited info on this, or are only 'reading' what they think they see and not thinking deeper about it.

Like some have said around here though, at least x-plan (if accepted) would nullify any ADM's.
Xplan vs $1k under invoice is about $750-$900 difference. For most people dealing locally, not worried about a 3rd part shipper and supporting a local business might be worth the extra money.

X Plan on the Bronco, especially this first year without incentives is likely to be a pretty good deal for MOST. I am all for going to the ends of the earth to save, 2,3,4,5 thousand.. But for someone like me wanting a FE and if X plan was available, it only saves me $750 to go across the country.

X plan kills exhorbitant dealer fees as well.. A big bonus.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So maybe not everyone is as smart as you, I get that. There are quite a few who here who either get limited info on this, or are only 'reading' what they think they see and not thinking deeper about it.

I am absolutely not trying to say I am smarter than anyone... I guess coming from the Detroit region (or at least living there for a long time) I am just used to almost everyone having access to the X-plan in some way or another and thus knowing what it will and won't get them.

Its interesting to see the bronco love widespread beyond those who were raised in the ford cult

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am absolutely not trying to say I am smarter than anyone... I guess coming from the Detroit region (or at least living there for a long time) I am just used to almost everyone having access to the X-plan in some way or another and thus knowing what it will and won't get them.

Its interesting to see the bronco love widespread beyond those who were raised in the ford cult
Luckily you don't need to be from the Detroit region to be in the Ford cult... Then again I was more or less raised in the Bronco cult (albeit FSB's, I know I'll get shit from the EB crew on that). But an '84 Bronco was literally my 2nd vehicle and it grew from there.

I for one had NO CLUE about x-plan until a few weeks back. And at 1st glance sounded awesome (which I get it can be in certain instances).

And it's people like yourself (and quite a few others) that us uninformed look to for answers on this stuff. Google is great... Google is kinda like God, but it doesn't mean we always get information we can understand on the 'interwebs'<-- I like it when the old peeps use that term!
Sponsored