Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I highly recommend Vroom. They paid about twice what some dealers offered for my 2008 F-150 and the money arrived in my bank account 2 days after pickup.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ve sold to carvana (2020) and vroom(last month). Vroom was a pain. We had to send two 10 day payoff letters since the first one expired. They would not contact us, so we made daily phone calls. It took 5 weeks from digital signatures to when we received a check. They took the car 1 week before payment.

I read reviews and expected the inconvenience. The offer was a few k higher than Carvana, and worth the headaches. Carvana was a much better experience, and you receive a check before the vehicle leaves your sight.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve sold to carvana (2020) and vroom(last month). Vroom was a pain. We had to send two 10 day payoff letters since the first one expired. They would not contact us, so we made daily phone calls. It took 5 weeks from digital signatures to when we received a check. They took the car 1 week before payment.

I read reviews and expected the inconvenience. The offer was a few k higher than Carvana, and worth the headaches. Carvana was a much better experience, and you receive a check before the vehicle leaves your sight.
Luckily this one is paid for, so no red tape.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a good offer online from Vroom to sell my current vehicle, and uploaded pics of documents and such, and got an email from them instructing me e-sign documents and to FedEx them my title.

Has anyone dealt with them? I don't like the idea of FedExing the title of my car to them without payment yet.
Check with Carmax - they make it super easy and no fedexing anything. I unloaded an early wrangler lease a couple weeks ago for 37k and buyout from chrysler cap was 28k. got check for 9k was easy as pie - about 25 min. Carvana had almost the same offer, Shift was 30k and didn't check vroom.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't use online buyers at all and I find that they lowball people bad. When I was trading my truck, I pulled the NADA and not accounting for all the aftermarket work I had done to it, it appraised at $16.2k. Vroom offered me $5.5k. Needless to say Vroom didn't get my truck, but a Ford lot did that knew what my truck was worth and didn't try to screw me. This what I traded:
Ford Bronco Anyone sold a car to Vroom? 20210623_110858
Ford Bronco Anyone sold a car to Vroom? 20210623_111016
Ford Bronco Anyone sold a car to Vroom? 20210623_110933

Moral of the story, if you can't get what you want trading in, sell it privately to someone who knows what you have and will deal fairly with you.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I started by looking at vroom. But Bronco isnā€™t ready. So I kept looking. I did a KBB instant cash offer and had all the dealers come to me at a predetermined price set by KBB (which was great). After I submitted I started getting emails and texts wanting to offer me MORE than my instant cash offer (out of desperation I would imaging).
Shop it around.
Also, check your private party value. You might be able to get more of youā€™re willing to deal with selling private. Itā€™s like an extra 3-4K in my case.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check with Carmax - they make it super easy and no fedexing anything. I unloaded an early wrangler lease a couple weeks ago for 37k and buyout from chrysler cap was 28k. got check for 9k was easy as pie - about 25 min. Carvana had almost the same offer, Shift was 30k and didn't check vroom.
I had an online quote from Carmax last week that was within 1,000 of the others, but Carmax would be easiest because they have a location 45 minutes away. I made an appointment to go have them give me a quote on Friday. I assume they will pay me right then if I accept?

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Going thru the process right now with a 2018 Ford Focus ST. 12000 miles. Waiting for a car hauler to pick the car up. It is strange. First time. We will see.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an online quote from Carmax last week that was within 1,000 of the others, but Carmax would be easiest because they have a location 45 minutes away. I made an appointment to go have them give me a quote on Friday. I assume they will pay me right then if I accept?
Yes it is super quick especially if you own your car outright (sometimes the process to call a lender or leasing company will add time to the biz affairs process). In my case it was a lease so I got an offer one day then called them to give all details over the phone so they could get all the details first from lease company. Then showed up hour before they open which is first come first serve - if you are within the first couple in line and the quote part is finished already, itā€™s 20 minutes in and out. only bummer is I donā€™t have the bronco yet - just didnā€™t want to wait on the supply/demand bubble happening w used cars right now.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Going thru the process right now with a 2018 Ford Focus ST. 12000 miles. Waiting for a car hauler to pick the car up. It is strange. First time. We will see.
Do not let them take your vehicle without a bill of lading (BOL). I asked the truck driver for one, but he didnā€™t have any paperwork. Of course that also delayed our payment.
Take pictures of the truck, and call Vroom immediately if no paperwork is present.

lol the things we put up with for a few additional thousand.

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have priced mine via Vroom, Carvana, and Carmax. Carmax came out on top by a little over $1k over Vroom and $5k over Carvana.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use UPS tracking for documents. FEDEX is garbage.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never tried Vroom nor Carvana, but if you are within a drive
( and can get a ride after you sell your car ) Carmax gets a check immediately. Just load you bike in the back and ride home with the check in your backpack. If not close then try those new virtual dealers.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sold the car today to CarMax. Went to deposit check in bank so I could then immediately pay off a debt and be done with it. Bank said they have to put a hold on check and only put it in my account in increments over the course of a week because the amount is over $5,500. Guess they donā€™t trust a check from the biggest car sales platform in the country?

But hey, at least more interest will accrue on said debt before I pay it.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did, I also had sold to Carvana couple of times and almost Shift, Vroom's process is slow and painful, if it wasn't $2000 more than Carvana I wouldn't bother, took me almost 4 weeks to sell my car to them and get paid VS 6 days with Carvana for the whole process.
You send your title to them, then you sign another doc, they send a shipping company to pickup the car, you take pics for the car on the truck and the landing docs and then re-upload it to Vroom, once that is all done, they trigger the payment VS Carvana you can get paid on the spot if you wish.
for future sales, if the difference is $600 or less between Vroom and Carvana then I'll sell to Carvana, it's complete peace of mind.
Shift though is a crappy shitty company, they'll find issues with your car and lower the price, unless your car is in showroom condition, Shift won't honor the online offer.
Sponsored