Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. We live in Maryland and in the Summer rain can happen in a similar fashion which is why we want a soft top. We rode in a demo unit with a soft top and it was more quiet -vs- Jeeps I've been in.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the video! I just switched from a MIC top to soft top hoping for an earlier delivery. Based on what I saw, I am okay with the noise and rain. I am out in CA, so I think the soft top will meet our needs. The best thing about the Bronco is that you can add a different top later. Yeah, it may cost more, but I am willing to wait.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As much as i bust on the wrinkle top, she makes a good case for the convenience of having a floppy with cloth interior. It had to get wet with the doors off though.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i dunno cloth is mildew heaven
Probably, but i’ve done just fine with it for the past 35+ years, and we’re not talking 80’s/90’s cloth here. I’d much prefer MGV, but Baja AND Sport win the day.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thanks for posting this! As a fellow OBX non sas build the noise seemed totally fine to me. Not expecting any bronco to be as quiet as my Mazda or even the wifes explorer but it sure didn't seem that bad. Now, had it been a sas or model with more aggressive tires could be a different story I would guess.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably, but i’ve done just fine with it for the past 35+ years, and we’re not talking 80’s/90’s cloth here. I’d much prefer MGV, but Baja AND Sport win the day.
dont talk about sport mode or badlands people will start blocking you

i drove it , i want it , mad i cant have it

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody else miss the zip out windows they used to have on the jeeps? Seemed so much easier. On those you could roll the windows up and latch them so you basically had a bikini top
I don’t miss the zippers at all. And rolling the windows up scratches them all up due to dust/grit.

As for rain, I am looking forward to the sound of rain on the soft top! I love it! Noise sucks for phone calls but otherwise doesn’t bug me.

Sponsored

BuckinOnEm

Big Bend
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 21' , Ford F250 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting the video! I am from Florida and ordered a soft top, but was unsure of the noise level. This review gives me confidence I made the right decision.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Helpful video. I have a non-Sas OBX scheduled for build next week so i hope to be experimenting with the soft top as well soon. I have had three Wranglers over the years - all with soft tops and had no issue going with that from the start for my Bronco. I am excited for the first opportunity to drive with the top down - and it may be my drive home from the dealer. A couple of points from my experience with soft tops:

- I am not sure i fully understand the concerns about noise level. Yes, a soft top truck is going to have more road/wind noise than say my wife’s grand cherokee but I do not expect it to be that quiet and have never had an issue with it. Conversations with the top up have never been an issue and if i want to hear my music better I have never had to crank the system up fully - even with the top down.
- Mildew has never been a problem. I guess it can be if you put the top down while it is still very wet and leave it folded up for an extended period but I have always allowed the top to fully dry after a rain before putting it down. Yes, replacing the soft top is a definite. I have seen 5-6 years as a timeline but i got that much life out of older soft tops and expect newer ones to last a bit longer if taken care of. Changing out to soft top also opens an opportunity for customization. When time comes to replace my plan is to look for a tan soft top (hopefully something close to the Roast seat color) as I think that will really pop against my AMB.
- The only aspect I am not sure of yet is the clips along the top of the windows. The zippers I am used to seem like they would provide a better seal - especially come colder weather but will see. I really do not expect it to be an issue and I live near Phila so we can get fairly cold. On the positive side - the zippers did have a habit of ripping or having the teeth get mangled and if it happens on the roof side of the zipper you may end up having to replace the entire soft top for a few mangled teeth or a small tear - and yes this did happen to me. Perhaps the clips will be set up so that type of repair is easier.
Sponsored