Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay so I found out how it works! The little metal piece at the bottom of the seat cushion is a hinge. You pull a strap on the seat bottom cushion, and the bottom cushion pivots forwards on the hinge. You can then fold it vertically so it sits against the front seat back and it occupies the rear passenger footwell area. The rear seat back then folds flat. It is similar to how the FJ Cruiser worked:
toyota-fj-cruiser-8.jpg

The rear seats do sit about 3-4" higher than the rest of the cargo area, so it isn't a completely flat load floor. But the seats themselves do indeed fold flat.
that pretty well explains why the ones in the video were angled, thanks for finding this out!
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay so I found out how it works!
laj....the pic you've shown must be the 4-door 60-40 seats; they fold down Great. The 2-door rear seats are 50-50. Do you have any info on the 2-door??

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

laj....the pic you've shown must be the 4-door 60-40 seats; they fold down Great. The 2-door rear seats are 50-50. Do you have any info on the 2-door??
That picture is of an fj cruiser, he just used that one as an example for how the 2 door works.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so I found out how it works! The little metal piece at the bottom of the seat cushion is a hinge. You pull a strap on the seat bottom cushion, and the bottom cushion pivots forwards on the hinge. You can then fold it vertically so it sits against the front seat back and it occupies the rear passenger footwell area. The rear seat back then folds flat. It is similar to how the FJ Cruiser worked:
toyota-fj-cruiser-8.jpg

The rear seats do sit about 3-4" higher than the rest of the cargo area, so it isn't a completely flat load floor. But the seats themselves do indeed fold flat.
So I was right? Wow, first time for everything. Don't tell my wife - she might start expecting it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that height is so you can get one of their fancy cargo trays, which raises the rear floor a few inches. Tada! Flat floor.

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1594997479203

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that height is so you can get one of their fancy cargo trays, which raises the rear floor a few inches. Tada! Flat floor.

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1594997479203
I wonder how the tool box and storage that are underneath the floor work with this? Or are those only in the 2 door and the slide out tray only in the 4 door?

Hopefully it’s available in the 2 door and removable quickly without tools

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how the tool box and storage that are underneath the floor work with this? Or are those only in the 2 door and the slide out tray only in the 4 door?

Hopefully it’s available in the 2 door and removable quickly without tools
Could the aftermarket theoretically make a sliding thing that could hold the doors, and could it stack on top of the tailgate accessory? This way, 2 door could store it's doors also

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still not sure sure about how the seats fold. I've seen a preliminary version of the owner's manual, but the section about the seats folding was incomplete. It did mention that the seat bottom cushions flip up (like in the F-150), but I don't think that affects how they fold down. I'll try to find out more.
To me it sounds like what other users have mentioned, where the seat bottom flips up (with the face of the rear seat bottom touching the back of the front seat)

like this chevy traxx
Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1594999836793

This is what i imagine the seats doing. Especially with how the headrests will be in a vertical position in line with how the seat bottoms are.

EDIT: You beat me to it! Thanks for confirming.

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered first of 500 2015 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed this picture, look at the posts at the bottom portion of the seat. I don't think there would be and open "channel" in the mount if there was not a purpose like swinging the posts out and back up under the seat to allow the seats to lay flatter. ? ^^ dunnno
Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1594999836793
This is what I thought when I saw an image similar to this one. On the other hand, I also saw an image where the whole lower seat was covered by plastic which I don't think would work. It's a mystery I tell ya!

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could the aftermarket theoretically make a sliding thing that could hold the doors, and could it stack on top of the tailgate accessory? This way, 2 door could store it's doors also
I heard that the doors are larger in the 2 door, that ls why they wont fit in the back nor were advertised to do so. Not sure how true this is. Maybe @laj.tuxmek could chime?

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard that the doors are larger in the 2 door, that ls why they wont fit in the back nor were advertised to do so. Not sure how true this is. Maybe @laj.tuxmek could chime?
The larger doors on the 2-door prevents them from fitting in the space between the upright backseat and the tailgate.

Putting the seats down, the doors will obviously fit. Roof panels, too, I assume.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the absolutely fold flat and its a design similar to the 4 runner. You have to move the actual part that you sit on first. It moves forward and downwards, resting vertical. Then the seat back folds flat.

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1595002949859

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
The larger doors on the 2-door prevents them from fitting in the space between the upright backseat and the tailgate.

Putting the seats down, the doors will obviously fit. Roof panels, too, I assume.
Oh interesting, I presumed it was a length issue f/r from (hinge to lock mechanism) as opposed to thickness (outside-inside).

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 1595003066842
This is what I am referencing in my post above. Fairly confident the seat bottom pulls out similar to the 4 runner

Waken2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bummed they don’t appear to fold completely flat. I had a ‘87 S-10 Blazer 2 door and the rear seats folded flat. It created so much room in the rear...I could even roll out a sleeping bag and sleep. Loved it and had hoped the Bronco would have something similar. Makes. 2 door much more useful.
Sponsored