Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder why they recommend storing the top with the rear glass in the open position. I just finished building a rig to hold the doors, panels, and rear clamshell. I'll be able to store the top with glass open or glass closed. Just need to add some carpet to the top of the posts and it's open for business.

Does anyone have any insight on this recommendation from Ford?

Ford Bronco Official Ford How-To Instructions Video: Bronco Hardtop Removal and Installation tempImageRbLTOi

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I'll just get mine with a soft top. What a PITA. By the time I get the top off my day will be over.

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'll just get mine with a soft top. What a PITA. Buy the time I get the top off my day will be over.
Not sure what you expected - this is par for the course with hard tops. A couple extra steps vs. a Jeep top since it has the middle panel (seriously, like 60 seconds more) and it has 10 bolts instead of 8 on the back cap. I can have my Jeep top off in 15 minutes, no problem.

I'll bet half the time needed to take that top off in the real world would have been the roof rack. So if you aren't getting one of those, it's going to be fast.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder why they recommend storing the top with the rear glass in the open position. I just finished building a rig to hold the doors, panels, and rear clamshell. I'll be able to store the top with glass open or glass closed. Just need to add some carpet to the top of the posts and it's open for business.

Ford Bronco Official Ford How-To Instructions Video: Bronco Hardtop Removal and Installation tempImageRbLTOi
I wouldn’t mind seeing this in use. Great idea!

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder why they recommend storing the top with the rear glass in the open position.
Same

"to prevent damage" but why? seem more likely to be damaged open

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same

"to prevent damage" but why? seem more likely to be damaged open
It looks like the tailgate window is a little taller than the shell so you wouldn't want to set it down flat with the tailgate window closed. If being stored any other way, my guess is that you would want to close the tailgate window.

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...except the lumber to build it cost more than the top itself! :)
Sponsored