First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, J200 Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who already has their Sasquatched Bronco- can you share how the ride quality is on road? I've got a Badlands on order and skipped the Sasquatch package because I fear it'll degrade the on road ride quality, but some reviewers are saying it actually improves it?

Wanted to see what Bronco6G forum owners think! Thanks!
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove one on paved road briefly. Ride was smooth. Didn't get above 40mph, but it didn't make a lot of noise or feel janky or anything.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a Wildtrack through the city and on the freeway and the ride quality was amazing not far off of my wife's explorer. i was at almost 80 MPH and I Couldn't tell it almost seemed like it was moving slow, but it wasn't

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who already has their Sasquatched Bronco- can you share how the ride quality is on road? I've got a Badlands on order and skipped the Sasquatch package because I fear it'll degrade the on road ride quality, but some reviewers are saying it actually improves it?

I have driven a 2.3L BBSQ and have my non SQ 2.7 Badlands. I can't tell much difference. If anything, the SQ was a bit smoother riding, with a bit more tire "squirm". Nothing troubling, larger tires just felt a bit "looser" if that makes sense? Of course, I have no clue what tire pressure the SQ BB had. I know my tires are at the factory recommended 40lbs. I remain very happy I went non SQ. The step in is good to go without steps on the 33s. I think I would have wanted steps on a SQ model. Just food for thought if step in matters to you.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I had a decent 30 min drive in a 4d Black Diamond
  • Sasquatch package
  • 2.7L v6 engine
  • Soft Top
The drive was surface streets and highway + 70mph. The only off road was me driving into my driveway to show my son! And then breaking the news that it wasn't our Bronco, it was only a dealer test drive.

I enjoyed the drive and really appreciate the dealer making it happen. I'd say the ride was a little bouncy with some noise from the tires but not as loud as I expected. The soft top was tight and I pretty quiet. There was plenty of get up in the 2.7L although I'm a bit spoiled by the 5.0 V8 in my F150. Comparing the ride to my 2012 F150 Platinum (150k miles) I'd say the Bronco is more fun to drive and about what I expected. But if I had to take a 100+ mile ride on the highway, I'd think about taking my F150 Platinum for a more comfortable ride. There is plenty of room side to side in the front but I didn't pay attention to the rear since I'm getting a 2Dr. The cabin was very basic. I really hope for a better interior in the LUX. Overall I'm excited to get my Bronco. I'm looking forward to having the top off and throwing gears - does anyone still use that phrase for manual shifting - in an especially cool 2DR cyber orange Bronco. Old school, baby! lol

The Bronco Rep at my dealership has been great about getting me pictures and setting up this test drive. He is working on setting me up for a ride in a 4d Cyber Orange (my color) 2.3, MT. I'm really looking forward to it because I have a 2.3, MT, CY, 2DR Badlands on order. I'm interested in feeling the power of the 2.3 in a 2DR. My first choice would have been the 2.7 but unfortunately not available with the manual.

BTW, there was black ext. / soft top Black Diamond on the lot, a customer order, that looked awesome. Not the color I chose but in my opinion, so much better looking than a comparable jeep.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a decent 30 min drive in a 4d Black Diamond
  • Sasquatch package
  • 2.7L v6 engine
  • Soft Top
The drive was surface streets and highway + 70mph. The only off road was me driving into my driveway to show my son! And then breaking the news that it wasn't our Bronco, it was only a dealer test drive.

I enjoyed the drive and really appreciate the dealer making it happen. I'd say the ride was a little bouncy with some noise from the tires but not as loud as I expected. The soft top was tight and I pretty quiet. There was plenty of get up in the 2.7L although I'm a bit spoiled by the 5.0 V8 in my F150. Comparing the ride to my 2012 F150 Platinum (150k miles) I'd say the Bronco is more fun to drive and about what I expected. But if I had to take a 100+ mile ride on the highway, I'd think about taking my F150 Platinum for a more comfortable ride. There is plenty of room side to side in the front but I didn't pay attention to the rear since I'm getting a 2Dr. The cabin was very basic. I really hope for a better interior in the LUX. Overall I'm excited to get my Bronco. I'm looking forward to having the top off and throwing gears - does anyone still use that phrase for manual shifting - in an especially cool 2DR cyber orange Bronco. Old school, baby! lol

The Bronco Rep at my dealership has been great about getting me pictures and setting up this test drive. He is working on setting me up for a ride in a 4d Cyber Orange (my color) 2.3, MT. I'm really looking forward to it because I have a 2.3, MT, CY, 2DR Badlands on order. I'm interested in feeling the power of the 2.3 in a 2DR. My first choice would have been the 2.7 but unfortunately not available with the manual.

BTW, there was black ext. / soft top Black Diamond on the lot, a customer order, that looked awesome. Not the color I chose but in my opinion, so much better looking than a comparable jeep.
I am surprised you find the 2.7 lacking compared to your 5.0l. I have had a couple of both (lots of 302s, two "modern" Coyote 5.0s) and found the 2.7 superior in every way other than soundtrack. Its hard to compare, because they are in different vehicles, but I do think the 2.7 will come alive with some break in miles and the transmission "learning" our drive styles. I did notice when I filled with premium that the 2.7 feels significantly more responsive. It is odd, as I could never sense much difference in my prior 2.7s with 87, 89 or 93. More analysis to come from all of us I am sure and thanks for sharing your perspective!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep reading to see how the 2.7 performs. Is it quick enough for daily driving to keep up with traffic? The Bronco is heavy but the engine puts out a lot of torque. Most if not all of you are driving it easy in the break in period and not getting on it.

If I am going to get 17 MPG I want it to keep up with traffic. I was really hoping it would have comparable acceleration to my GF's 2013 Silverado Pick Up- short bed, regular cab, 2WD, 4.8 V8, CAT Back dual exhaust and she runs E85 in it- flex fuel vehicle. It weighs about 4500 LBS. That truck moves- what a sleeper. It gets 17 MPG but it's fun to drive. My 2019 Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 with 5.3 V8 is a slug in comparison but it weighs over 5000 LBS. My 97 Wrangler even more so- it has very little HP but it's at least light.

I am not drag racing- just want to keep up with every day traffic- the Corollas, Civics and other cookie cutter cars, etc.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am surprised you find the 2.7 lacking compared to your 5.0l. I have had a couple of both (lots of 302s, two "modern" Coyote 5.0s) and found the 2.7 superior in every way other than soundtrack. Its hard to compare, because they are in different vehicles, but I do think the 2.7 will come alive with some break in miles and the transmission "learning" our drive styles. I did notice when I filled with premium that the 2.7 feels significantly more responsive. It is odd, as I could never sense much difference in my prior 2.7s with 87, 89 or 93. More analysis to come from all of us I am sure and thanks for sharing your perspective!
Interesting, it could be perception? I really like the sound of my F150 5.0. The 2.7 has a decent rumble but not throaty like the 5.0. You may be right on performance, I didn't step on the Bronco and there was plenty of go but my feeling was my F150 had more giddy up. Again, just a short ride vs. my everyday day driver. BTW, the transmission in my F150 does not better since the recall fix! Looking forward to the 2.3 manual.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I keep reading to see how the 2.7 performs. Is it quick enough for daily driving to keep up with traffic? The Bronco is heavy but the engine puts out a lot of torque. Most if not all of you are driving it easy in the break in period and not getting on it.

If I am going to get 17 MPG I want it to keep up with traffic. I was really hoping it would have comparable acceleration to my GF's 2013 Silverado Pick Up- short bed, regular cab, 2WD, 4.8 V8, CAT Back dual exhaust and she runs E85 in it- flex fuel vehicle. It weighs about 4500 LBS. That truck moves- what a sleeper. It gets 17 MPG but it's fun to drive. My 2019 Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 with 5.3 V8 is a slug in comparison but it weighs over 5000 LBS. My 97 Wrangler even more so- it has very little HP but it's at least light.

I am not drag racing- just want to keep up with every day traffic- the Corollas, Civics and other cookie cutter cars, etc.
Not a Bronco, but gives you an idea of the engines.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I rode in a Wildtrack 2-door (comes with Sas stuff). Mostly slower travel around town, but was impressed with the ride quality.

Started by driving down off a curb at the dealership, and even in the back seat sitting practically over the rear axle, did not get thrown around. Also we drove down a street having some construction, and felt no jarring bumps.

Overall I was impressed with the ride, and surprised the 35"s provided such a good ride. I had figured there would be more of a ride compromise with the heavy tires.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all technology. Leather seats is a separate option, thankfully. Note: I'm getting Lux.
It's funny, I ordered a 2DR, Manual, then stuff the LUX stuff in and add leather seats. But in the end, I actually like less technology. I want the top off, the music on and shifting gears. I love old original cars and motorcycles but understand why folks prefer Restomods and modern motorcycles.
Sponsored