First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't matte cyber orange, it would take the cool depth of the paint away I would think.
Thanks, would definitely want to see it live. I'm thinking about wrapping because I'm concerned about color match of paint if touch up or accident.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was looking into doing this on mine too. Till Xpel here in Dallas quoted me the price for a PPF full vehicle wrap....$7,495 ($600 less for softops).

Dang near fell out of my chair.

May do a partial front end, but thats still a whopping $1,500.
Jason, that is high. Check around with other installers. Prices were all over the place when I checked prices for mine.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This PPF stuff makes no sense to me. I am sure you cannot remove it without damaging the paint. I am also reasonably sure you can get a car painted for about the same cost. Why not just repaint the damn Bronco when it needs it rather than spending as much or more to coat it in saran wrap.

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great, as well as the tint. Where did you get the tinting done? Sun prairie here, looking for when it shows up, hopefully this month.

I know you got the ppf probably in house at MM.

TNT tint stop by anytime to check out the Bronco and PPF

Sponsored

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My research says Xpel is better than 3M and usually at a little lower cost.
From what I just googled there is only one Xpel company in Dallas and when I got a quote for a custom 3M wrap previously it was only around 4.5k vs 7k of what Vinny got quoted. I understand it may be better, but I figure ANY wrap is still better than no wrap.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This PPF stuff makes no sense to me. I am sure you cannot remove it without damaging the paint. I am also reasonably sure you can get a car painted for about the same cost. Why not just repaint the damn Bronco when it needs it rather than spending as much or more to coat it in saran wrap.
That's not correct sir. My installer didn't like what the hood on the wife's car looked like after he finished. So, he removed it and did it all over again. And, the only ones that will do a paint job for 4 thousand bucks probably isn't going to give you a quality job.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated: Front window tint is 15% to match the back widows

2021 Bronco PPF wrap film paint protection film 1.jpg
2021 Bronco PPF wrap film paint protection film 2.png
2021 Bronco PPF wrap film paint protection film 3.png
2021 Bronco PPF wrap film paint protection film 4.png
I was curious if they did the inner roll bar. I was contemplating doing a color change wrap but worried (even excluding the roll bar which I was going to leave black) if the inner parts (door Jambs, etc) could be done so that they still look ok doors and top off.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This might be more suitable for a separate thread but… - Anyone on here ever run into trouble with the law regarding tinting over your state’s limits or while driving through other states with more restrictive tinting limits? My state (IN) limit is 30%…but the back windows are already factory tinted to 15 or 20% - I’d like to match them If it likely won’t be a big deal.

Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did they also do the grille given all the vent holes? That would be a pain to hand cut instead of a precut pattern. I going to have my First Edition done but will remove the vinyl graphics since I’m not a fan of them.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want to do this to my FE when I get it. I'd love whatever film OP used that has a 10-year warranty. @Middleton_Sasquatch What film did you use?

Any idea which film is best/better/also has that level of warranty?

Also, anyone have a recommendation on a place in the Bay Area that does PPF?

(Sorry for all the questions. I read a previous thread about this and it was kind of all over the place... and this one actually has pictures. :) )
For Bay Area installers I have a few friends that used this place:

https://bayareadetails.com/

I think they have a great reputation, but likely very expensive. Let us know if you get a quote.

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Takes 1 branch to ruin the paint on a trail
I get that, but if said tree branch hits it hard enough you're fixing a dent and repainting anyway. I can repaint a lot of panels for $4k. I'm sure for some people they can justify it, I'm just having a hard time doing it. My Bronco doesn't belong on the trail if I'm that worried about minor scratches.

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you plan to use the vehicle every weekend in the sand, snow, rocks, mud and gravel, plus the highway miles to get to those places... you'll be grateful what your paint looks like after 5 years with this PPF on it.
Oh I know how they get beat up, my '06 Wrangler grille was in rough shape after 12 years. I spent $150 and had it LineX'ed, it was cheaper than repaint or PPF and has held up perfect. I'm not knocking the PPF, just considering that if I had spent $4k to PPF my Jeep 15 years ago, I would have wasted the money. Everyone has to do their own CBA, and for some I might make sense, for me I don't see it.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it's the film and maybe it's the fluorescent lighting, but that is exactly the color gray that I want cactus gray to be. When I went to see it on a ranger in person on a cloudy day it looked too green for my tastes. In a perfect world (for me) it would look the same as the Toyota lunar rock color.
Sponsored