First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe my ear is bad but that first example on the Bronco didn't sound terrible and wasn't so far off from the Raptor example you shared. More designs from other companies are sure to come. I bet there will be some that are desirable. Most people are V8 or don't talk to me about engine sound. I guess I'll be a bro and perhaps take a crack at one if it suits me. 🤷‍♂️
Im on the, you should only be loud if you’re a V8 and if you’re anything else keep it tasteful. There are good sounding V6’s out there, but they’re within reason. There are exceptions to everything, WRX’s tuned exhaust sounds good. People conflate loud with good and it rarely is true.
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All I could see was them going to the tire shop and putting 20" rims and slicks so they can be in fast and furious 10. Just a horrid sound. Personally I want my Bronco to have no sound in the woods. Need to sneak up on that jackalope.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exhaust on a 6 banger is never going to sound like a v8. just enjoy the artificial v8 sound piped in through the speakers. Will sound waaaaayyyyyy better than anything aftermarket

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve come to the conclusion that Broncos should be silent.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought I remember Borla making a decent sounding set up for a 2.7 F-150?

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It IS possible to make the turbo V6 or 4cyl exhaust sound good and get performance gains. But that starts up higher. An exhaust that’s as straight as possible, no crushed bends, and a straight through style resonator as close to the turbo as you can get it (to knock down nvh).
All of the obnoxious fart can noises you hear are from bad harmonics of the setup. A good flowing turbo exhaust sounds much better. The system is like a tuning fork. The further down the line, the more amplified your unwanted exhaust noise. That’s why using an open resonator as close to the turbo as possible helps. The change in diameter of the resonator disrupts that harsh vibration before it travels down the length of the exhaust.

SevoSandman

Raptor
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To each their own…everyone will be out to customize their rigs. Ford has their own “factory” offerings planned as well.
For MBRP, the 6” with the 2.75” Perf core (#2) sounded most fitting for the Bronco. Didn’t have the “burbles/pops” that are more accustomed to sports cars… Should consider having a more of a discrete tip as not to interfere with rear clearance.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m a fan of all different types of engines. An Audi I5 can sound amazing, certain K series setups sound unreal when wrung out, a built 5.9 can sound heavenly.

I say all of this to explain that I’m not one of those who thinks only V8’s sound good.

With that being said the ecoboost platform is probably one of the worst sounding power plants I’ve ever heard. It’s not just this development clip which was exceptionally bad, it’s all the EB engines. I’ve searched around the F150 options and nothing sounds remotely good. Not with DP’s, midpipes, just a cat back or any combination of the three.

Maybe there is some sort of crazy 4 inch power robbing setup out there with unnecessary X-pipes and other crazy stuff that may work, but I haven’t seen it yet.

Maybe if the intake is optimized with a larger IC, hardpipes and a deleted sound box and from the turbo manifolds all the way to the tips are fully opened up and properly resonated it could sound good, but I still doubt it. Not a rabbit hole I’m willing to go down with an offroader.

Glad MBRP is trying stuff out but can’t imagine exhausts will be a popular upgrade on the 6G.
Sponsored