First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most if not all automotive leather is covered in a vinyl coating anyways.
Sponsored

Grunkster

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what are they like on a -20 jan day in MN?

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have pleather on my Mercedes wagon and love it. Looks brand new after five years and 90 percent of people couldn't even tell it wasn't leather.

I wouldn't compare this to the older stiffer marine leather from the boats of my youth. My friend has a nice new wakeboard boat (G23) and the seats feel like real leather. And the white seats actually don't get very hot in the texas sun. The black accents on the other hand get too hot to touch. They aren't in the seats but around the boat.

So I'm thinking a light color like the grey shown should be a good choice.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My friend has a nice new wakeboard boat (G23) and the seats feel like real leather. And the white seats actually don't get very hot in the texas sun.

The swamp ass/sasquatch jokes are all fun and games lol ? ? ?

But now this is interesting and good to know. So maybe if we get a white/light grey vinyl it will be do-able in Texas.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The swamp ass/sasquatch jokes are all fun and games lol ? ? ?

But now this is interesting and good to know. So maybe if we get a white/light grey vinyl it will be do-able in Texas.
So glad there's a few shops in my area that could do it if it's an issue. Patriotic Interior, here I come!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have pleather on my Mercedes wagon and love it. Looks brand new after five years and 90 percent of people couldn't even tell it wasn't leather.

I wouldn't compare this to the older stiffer marine leather from the boats of my youth. My friend has a nice new wakeboard boat (G23) and the seats feel like real leather. And the white seats actually don't get very hot in the texas sun. The black accents on the other hand get too hot to touch. They aren't in the seats but around the boat.

My Mazda6 has whats called leatherette or in laymans terms pleather fake leather. I love it.

I believe Ford offers something similar now in the Explorer called Active X. I wonder if the marine vinyl is the same or similar

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in how to clean the interior. I want the marine grade interior for cleaning from dogs and having the doors off and with the washable floor but what can I take a hose to and what can I not? That 12" screen looks nice and all but it is just below the waterproof switches and dust will get everywhere so I hope the 12" screen and all electronics are marine grade as well.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am interested in how to clean the interior. I want the marine grade interior for cleaning from dogs and having the doors off and with the washable floor but what can I take a hose to and what can I not? That 12" screen looks nice and all but it is just below the waterproof switches and dust will get everywhere so I hope the 12" screen and all electronics are marine grade as well.
I read somewhere and maybe saw in a video that everything was sealed for purposes of hosing it off,or just getting open top wet in general, but not sure I'd want to be the first one to try power washing it without seeing it demo'd that way

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The last vinyl seats I remember sitting on were the ones in my dad's old Datsun pickup. Marine grade, they were not, but I remember sticking to them in the summer. It was miserable.

I have similar problems with a lot of leather seats, but not so much the ones used by Nissan and Infiniti. The leather they use for their seats is very breathable, so you're not prone to sticking to it, even if you're normally prone to sticking to leather and vinyl.