Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

such a fun, lighthearted video. excellent watch.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enjoyed that. May have to subscribe. Their banter reminded me of what we do at work, just less vulgar.

Id rather have the open air but it is nice having sound directly over your head.
I suppose I'd have to hear it to understand, but that sounds like the last place I want sound coming from. It's an unnatural sound stage for music.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are people actually complaining about the tops creaking on the Bronco as much as they noted? Haven’t heard much of this aside from people inappropriately not re-latching or locking things back correctly?!

I do like these guys, enough info without turning into a spec sheet race. A worthy YouTube reviewer channel.(y)
I think most people who actually bought these trucks are still in the honeymoon phase. A reviewer is more likely going to mention minor annoyances I feel. If I just dropped 50-60k on a Bronco I'd probably not be in a big rush to an online forum to complain about some top squeaking (or really anything else) I dont know about you

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally a review that was unbiased! I enjoyed it. As far as the creaking top, our JLU freedom panels squeak constantly. Not shocked the Bronco does as well. One thing I am glad I am not hearing about is tailgate rattles. Even with proper support and mounting our JLU tailgate rattles with a 35" tire. I hope there are audio options to combat the Jeep design for overhead speakers. Id rather have the open air but it is nice having sound directly over your head. Especially with the top off. The B&O is OK but you do notice the acoustics are very different due to speaker placement. This review off road is where Ford aimed at the Jeep I think. Moderate off road.
I guess the audio isn't that important to me. I would choose the more open view vs. an extra bar across the middle just for additional speakers. I'm sure with a stereo right in front of me, I can hear whatever is playing (if anything). The Bronco is made for the outdoor experience and I'm glad they made the choice they did in this case.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Enjoyed the video, finally someone compared it to it's competition off-road.

But some points..

1) finally some off-road comparison and they didn't climb anything really that challenging to show SFA vs IFS.... A big disappointment there.

2) They took that Bronco past its 33.4 water fording depth... I enjoyed it, but I feel for whoever buys it since I doubt anyone is going to change out the fluids.

3) i really wanted to see him open that bottle. I've been curious what happens to the cap? Does it fall down into the frame?

4) if you notice, when the Bronco lifts its rear tire, so does the Jeep, just not quite as bad...AND he mentions that the Jeep had the Sway disconnected. So Basically a disconnected Rubico still lifted a wheel at the same spot a non disconnected IFS Bronco did.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just gotta say they should test the Badlands on the Rubicon and the Wildtrak on a Mojave. I know, truck suv, blah, blah, blah.

The wildtrak is a top end desert runner. Put it up against a desert runner.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any other trim with Sasquatch is just as much of a desert runner.

Badlands would've been a better comparison, but they clearly got a Wildtrak because that was what was available to them.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any other trim with Sasquatch is just as much of a desert runner.

Badlands would've been a better comparison, but they clearly got a Wildtrak because that was what was available to them.
Yep, SAS on any trim makes it a desert runner. My critique was about the Jeep they used, not about the Bronco. Sorry if it came across strange.

If you have any other Bronco with SAS, besides a Badlands or an FE, test it against an appropriate vehicle, not the Rubicon. Test it against what it was designed to compete against, something like the Mojave, Four Runner, TRD Pro, etc.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, SAS on any trim makes it a desert runner. My critique was about the Jeep they used, not about the Bronco. Sorry if it came across strange.

If you have any other Bronco with SAS, besides a Badlands or an FE, test it against an appropriate vehicle, not the Rubicon. Test it against what it was designed to compete against, something like the Mojave, Four Runner, TRD Pro, etc.
It held up just fine against the Rubicon, though. Even without the sway bar disco. They were both loaners so they used what they could get. No Wrangler Mojave as of yet btw.

Sponsored

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm Yuri, I'm Jakub, and we're going for a drive! Waiting for them to get their hands on a proper bronco. The guy with the glasses he’s annoying and a whiner I prefer the throttle house duo

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove a four door mid package Area 51 WT this afternoon. I was impressed by the ride and the oomph from the 2.7. The ride on highway roads was extremely smooth. Interior was comfortable and felt well constructed. It is a hot day, so when I rode in the back seat the lack of forceful AC was noticeable. Noise wasn’t an issue from the soft top. The only negative from the test drive was, now we aren’t sure if we will stick wit’s the two door version. LOL. Now I get to wait until this time next year to actually own one.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just gotta say they should test the Badlands on the Rubicon and the Wildtrak on a Mojave. I know, truck suv, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah like others have said, you don't need a badlands. Other than the sway bar, all other trims are just as capable.

Personally I loved seeing a Non-SBD against Jeeps Rubi with one. If you can do it without the disconnect, those that have it can do even more.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One thing they left out is that if you want a vehicle to enjoy with in the next year or two then get a Jeep because you can get one today and a Bronco you will wait a year or two for .
Sponsored