Sponsored

2.3 EcoBoost Auto Transmission with Sasquatch Package?

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I'd guess that the biggest factors will be , in no particular order:
the increase of tire/rim weight, added rolling resistance from wider tires, added drag(wind resistance) from the lift/extra overall height(larger frontal area).
I think I just listed the top 3 things that will kill fuel mileage on any vehicle.

So yeah, if you are looking for fuel mileage, stay FAR away from the samsquatch. Stay with those skinny 255 tires and no lift..... or go nuts with all of that and buy an Ecosport for a daily driver!
Doesn't the 2.3 get better mileage than the 2.7, even with 35 inch tires?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the 2.3 get better mileage than the 2.7, even with 35 inch tires?
Where can that real world comparison be found?
I really don't know, just throwing standard physics principles around.
My GUESS would be that a low slung stock v6 Bronco would get better economy than a 4cyl Samsquatch.
The heavier rotational mass is going to be a bitch. The leverage part of spinning the bigger tire is null due to appropriate gearing.
Going to research the tire weights now.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I posted on another thread given the F150 eco models which I have one of them, oem non oversize tires do well with MPG but as soon as you go to a heavier / bigger tire, MPG degrades exponentially.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted on another thread given the F150 eco models which I have one of them, oem non oversize tires do well with MPG but as soon as you go to a heavier / bigger tire, MPG degrades exponentially.
This is regardless of engine type?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4.7 gears come with the Sasquatch package which is only available with the 10 speed auto.
Unless you buy the Badlands 6MT in which case you get the 4.7s w lockers but No Sasquatch for You!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it seems to be very very specificly the 35" tires that are not compatible with the manual... I assume its something about the effect on gearing that they cannot compensate for. They would need a different FDR I assume, and didnt want to create that variant.
Hope not because for now my plan is 4dr Badlands 6MT adding ā€œhigh clearance suspensionā€ and my own wheels and 35s.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the manufacturer has stricter constraints on what they will deliver from the factory. I dont expect the cars going to grenade itself on 35s, but you accept that your increasing your gear ratio with larger tires unless you go to some lengths.

For whatever reason, ford wasnt willing to accept it, or didnt see value in it.
It is interesting how you can still get a Sasquatch package with the 35 inch tires on a 2.3 EcoBoost 4-cylinder Automatic. How is this possible? Will it "run like a dog?"

Yo_itsjimbo

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is interesting how you can still get a Sasquatch package with the 35 inch tires on a 2.3 EcoBoost 4-cylinder Automatic. How is this possible? Will it "run like a dog?"
It'll run just fine. The 2.3 puts out about as much horsepower as Jeep's 3.6 (using Ranger numbers), but also puts out more torque than Jeep's Power plant. Tuning is yielding awesome results as well. Obviously the 2.7 will be better, but the 2.3 will be plenty to get down the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll run just fine. The 2.3 puts out about as much horsepower as Jeep's 3.6 (using Ranger numbers), but also puts out more torque than Jeep's Power plant. Tuning is yielding awesome results as well. Obviously the 2.7 will be better, but the 2.3 will be plenty to get down the road.

You can tune the 2.3 up to 312 hp and 370 ft lbs of torque with this tune:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 10spd auto has a kickass gear set. In top gear, at 70mph, 4.70 gears and 35's, the engine should be right at 2000 rpm, which is the ideal.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve ran 35s on vehicles with less than 270hp.... I didnā€™t consider my Silverado a ā€œdogā€ but it wasnā€™t quick.