Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Serious question I've had since first seeing the interior:
What's the point of having the window/lock switches on the inside of the vehicle? If you take the doors off, you don't need window switches or door locks, anyway. To me, that's space on the middle console that is just wasted when you take the doors off. Seems like it could be utilized better if you just leave the switches on the door panels. Is the weight savings really that much?
Honestly the only thing I can think is in the 4 door if for some reason you take off the front doors, but not the back(kids ?‍♂) You would lose the operation of the back windows. Also maybe having the switches in the doors adds some complexity to door removal?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ok, am I the only one here that thinks the "unfinished" look between the 2 doors (when doors are off) just isn't very appealing?

I guess I never looked at a Jeep with the doors off to see if they are the same way. But I'd think some sort of filler panel right there would look so much better.

Edit: and idk, maybe it just stands out that much more on a black vehicle. Just looks off.
My jeep is close to the same. It's really nothing anyone pays attention too though. It's all about the open air. (y)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's the point of having the window/lock switches on the inside of the vehicle? If you take the doors off, you don't need window switches or door locks, anyway. To me, that's space on the middle console that is just wasted when you take the doors off. Seems like it could be utilized better if you just leave the switches on the door panels. Is the weight savings really that much?
A good question I've never pondered as the Jeep is the same. Maybe it's just another wire harness you won't have to unplug when you remove the doors, maybe........

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so you don't have to keep on plugging and unplugging the window switches

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My jeep is close to the same. It's really nothing anyone pays attention too though. It's all about the open air. (y)
I get that the 'majority' probably doesn't pay attention to it very much.

But I'd imagine there is a group that would like to tow. In the past, every one of my FSB's was used to tow. Anything from quads, to snowmobiles and even boats. Granted we aren't going to get that same capability here, but it'd be nice if numbers were well beyond what the current Jeep can tow (for bragging rights of course). But I probably only need that 4500-5000 lb. range.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so you don't have to keep on plugging and unplugging the window switches
I'm not understanding this. There's a wire harness that you have to detach/attach when taking the doors off/on already, anyway, right? Does that mean you'd have to attach a second harness to go into the vehicle to send a signal back into the door to make the window go down?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not understanding this. There's a wire harness that you have to detach/attach when taking the doors off/on already, anyway, right? Does that mean you'd have to attach a second harness to go into the vehicle to send a signal back into the door to make the window go down?
yeah i came to that conclusion just after i posted, lol

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly the only thing I can think is in the 4 door if for some reason you take off the front doors, but not the back(kids ?‍♂) You would lose the operation of the back windows. Also maybe having the switches in the doors adds some complexity to door removal?
I guess this seems most likely, but I can't imagine that putting in a small switch to the door would make it THAT more complex to remove. But I'm not an engineer so what do I know.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess this seems most likely, but I can't imagine that putting in a small switch to the door would make it THAT more complex to remove. But I'm not an engineer so what do I know.
Just like in a wrangler. If the front doors are off, and you are carrying small kids or dogs and leave the rear doors on, how do you roll those windows down if the master switch is on the driver door?

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just like in a wrangler. If the front doors are off, and you are carrying small kids or dogs and leave the rear doors on, how do you roll those windows down if the master switch is on the driver door?
This makes sense, but it's like that on the 2-door, as well. I guess you could call that continuity but it still seems strange to me.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This makes sense, but it's like that on the 2-door, as well. I guess you could call that continuity but it still seems strange to me.
They're not going to redesign the entire wiring system just to have 2 door switches on the doors, and 4 door switches on the center console.

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're not going to redesign the entire wiring system just to have 2 door switches on the doors, and 4 door switches on the center console.
Yea I see what you're saying.

I asked, got my answer. Thanks.

Madsjim

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 XLT 5. 0
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks like the same 4DR that's been paraded around in pictures, from the March photo leaks, to inside a conference room, and now outside.

Not sure how much of a 'production' model it is, but I have a suspicion those are the marine grade vinyl seats.

With the rock sliders, it could be a BD trim with mid level package. It has Big Bend rims, and carpeted floor boards, so it's probably cobbled together from those two trims.

**Edit** After further review it's as close BD trim as it could be. Auxiliary switches and rock sliders.

Last edited:

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1594832016609.jpeg

Darn COVID makes the thing look like a biohazard. ?
I can see the Cartels using this open top to some effect in the future.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can see the Cartels using this open top to some effect in the future.
I can imagine the cheesy 80s action movie shot now...
Sponsored