Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So what I get out of this, is if I want to add the wireless charger, usb dash port, or factory sub (and maybe the home link visor) - I am going to have to figure out how to flash software to get them to turn on.

If Crutchfield somehow comes up with a way to add a 5 channel amp between the stereo and the speakers - maybe I can crossover the sub signal out of the amp I to the speaker wire, but sounds like no.

Wha wonderful modern world ā€¦
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is very encouraging news. Just got Forscan and my ELM clone installed and running on my F-150 this weekend in preparation for use on the Bronco.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what I get out of this, is if I want to add the wireless charger, usb dash port, or factory sub (and maybe the home link visor) - I am going to have to figure out how to flash software to get them to turn on.
wireless charger, usb charge ports, and homelink should just need power.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WARNING!

Any changes made to as built data in our 2021 F150 and presumably all Broncos will report back to Ford servers and overwrite the from-factory config. So if anyone uses ForScan, Tuners or other software to edit settings, please note that the As Built profile downloaded from Motocraft WILL NOT be original after any edits made in the vehicle.

It is crucial to backup your original settings and download your as built data profile BEFORE making any changes. More so now than any other previous Ford vehicles.

This also means that anyone who tries to have a dealership correct any programming mistakes is wasting time. If a dealership has to replace a module, they will download the ā€˜originalā€™ configuration which now includes all the changes you make.

Proceed with caution!

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the Forscan forum is awesome so many folks there to help you and the Raptor even has a spreadsheet of all the options you can do. I ended up playing with it and turned off all the seat belt and entry minders, turned on the yellow LED lights for running lights and turned off the low beams, mirrors fold when locked (I think it is called Lincoln mirrors), I also removed the power point timeout, start/stop and a couple of other odds and ends like that but made my experience more enjoyable.

I look forward to the Bronco discussion and remember to ALWAYS save the original config file(s) before you change anything!

OP
OP
Airborne_Ape

Airborne_Ape

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I compared the calibration file from a 4 Door Full Size Bronco to the modules in my 2021 F150 and to no surprise most of the ECU's are the same. There's different calibration strategies to keep in mind, but Bronco owners can get a big head start with their ForScan mods by reading through this:

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/#post6669208

The Bronco's IPC has more configurations than the F150, but many settings appear to carry over.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread Bronco BCM.JPG

I used Bronco VIN-1FMEE5DH7MLA63097

So... welcome to the F150 forums everyone.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was going to buy the ford performance handheld...still might. Since the news/update about the 2.3L getting a bump with Premium fuel to 300hp I am not super impatient about something being available...just wanted to get around 300. Upgrading the intercooler would be a bigger priority IMHO. I think I would be more than happy with 300hp for at least a little while.

As a TweeceRT user for my 94 Mustang GT the Forscan stuff is very appealing and honestly DTC, adjustments for Tire size (33's to 35's), maybe some other odds and ends might be a better avenue.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I compared the calibration file from a 4 Door Full Size Bronco to the modules in my 2021 F150 and to no surprise most of the ECU's are the same. There's different calibration strategies to keep in mind, but Bronco owners can get a big head start with their ForScan mods by reading through this:

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/#post6669208

The Bronco's IPC has more configurations than the F150, but many settings appear to carry over.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread Bronco BCM.JPG

I used Bronco VIN-1FMEE5DH7MLA63097

So... welcome to the F150 forums everyone.
I tried a few today, but didn't really have much success. I tried three different ones: auto start/stop, seat belt chimes, and double honk when exiting. It still shuts the engine off at stop lights, and still chimes when I don't fasten a seatbelt and begin to pick up speed. Forgot to test the double honk. Am I just not understanding how these work, or did I muck up the process somehow? Any way to check?

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I tried a few today, but didn't really have much success. I tried three different ones: auto start/stop, seat belt chimes, and double honk when exiting. It still shuts the engine off at stop lights, and still chimes when I don't fasten a seatbelt and begin to pick up speed. Forgot to test the double honk. Am I just not understanding how these work, or did I muck up the process somehow? Any way to check?
Any more luck with this?

Sponsored

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any more luck with this?
When I compare the Double Horn Honk to the F150....they say they are not the same:

Vehicle Num, Module Address, Data1, Data2, Data3, Same?, Binary, PartNumber, Strategy, Calibration
1, 726-41-02 BCM/GEM Body Control Module / Generic Electronic Module (BCM/GEM), 2000, 0000, 00, No, 00100000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000, MU5T-14B476-LAF, , MU5T-14C184-AAF
2, 726-41-02 BCM/GEM Body Control Module / Generic Electronic Module (BCM/GEM), 2000, 0000, 01, No, 00100000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000001, MU5T-14B476-KAD, , MU5T-14C184-AAD

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any more luck with this?
No, have confirmed that none of the three mods "took". I'm going to check the configs and at least confirm the changes were actually written. Then I'll probably load up the original settings until someone else can help figure out how to actually make these work.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, have confirmed that none of the three mods "took". I'm going to check the configs and at least confirm the changes were actually written. Then I'll probably load up the original settings until someone else can help figure out how to actually make these work.
Going back to the original is a good idea. I compared an F150, Ranger, and Bronco. None of the settings that seem to matter (the ones most people would want to change) appear to be the same at all. But hopefully, I am wrong. Or hopefully, someone can point us in the right direction.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Going back to the original is a good idea. I compared an F150, Ranger, and Bronco. None of the settings that seem to matter (the ones most people would want to change) appear to be the same at all. But hopefully, I am wrong. Or hopefully, someone can point us in the right direction.
OK so I did some more digging because I loaded up the modules again today to do a restore, and it turns out they were already at the defaults. The modules aren't actually being written, and I'm not sure why. When I click on "Write" I get an output in the log that says "Service Procedure has been Interrupted."

I'm using the OBD MX II Bluetooth adapter and a windows laptop. It has no problem connecting or reading. I just can't seem to write the modules and not sure why.

I'll be googling for an answer, but if anyone has any ideas, please throw them my way!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh. I had hoped that this program was the easy way to customize just about anything you wanted to. But now I've got cold feet, thinking that this is like some of those windows files that you should never enter unless you have a degree in fixing broken things LOL
Sponsored