Sponsored

Just test drove a 2 Door WT ... Eh! Some disappointing discoveries.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So are you canceling your order?
Just curious...

or are you going to stay with the boring lay?
No, not cancelling, I'm sure by the time I'm done customizing I'll be more than happy with it, And for off-road I'm sure it's going to be outstanding.

But it just pulls the Bronco off that pedestal a bit if you know what I mean.

For example the one thing that is kept me away from the Jeep is the crappy engine choices. But I test drove the 2.0, 3.6, and 3.0 and now the actual 2.7... things to think about, especially when you consider the MPG factor.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any Jeep owners that have experience with the bronco’s sound system? Curious how they compare being both vehicle lose the speakers in the door concept...
Jeep has an advantage there because there are speakers right behind the driver's head. Bronco can't have those because there's no crossbar (which is also an advantage over the Jeep, but for a different reason).

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

one question for you is, how did you find its driving on the road with the 35's? Did it track fine, was the steering responsive, etc.?
So being my current car is a Mazda (ya know Zoom Zoom)... It doesn't handle as good but that was expected. It feels large but I kind of like that Truck feeling.

I tried to take a few good turns and it did well. Didn't have any drifting on the freeways, and was easily driving one-handed going 80mph.

I didn't want to push it to hard...the tires only had 110 miles on them so the mold release was still there.. And I'm sure the tires were overinflated a bit (But that was just a guess).

I did pull into a parking lot At one point to turn around and let's just say I didn't bother slowing down for the road-to-lot transition and it absorbed it beautifully.

Even did a low speed during swerve back and forth just to feel, and a side of a little body roll it was fine.

Now for me, on the type of person that adapts to whatever car I'm driving pretty quickly. But don't mistake this for a car or an SUV... It drives real nice, but it's still a truck.. No squeezing in the tight spaces, but you can just roll over them I suppose :)

I did notice that the viewing wasn't bad but isn't as good as most cars. Being a two-door when I look through the rear view I basically saw two back seat headrests, And part of the spare tire. But again I'll get used to it.

I haven't actually test drove one but I would imagine the F-150 would feel very similar.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sound system (not B&O, only had Mid package) was horrific.
Yep- Its not that good. Worse for me is the XM satellite signal. No were near the response of my other vehicles.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco is twice as heavy AND it had 35's, but with the 2.7 twin Turbo'd, I had expected at least the same. Not really. I dunno, maybe something was out of wack (like crap gas) but there was nothing there AND I had it in sports mode....MY point is not about the 2.7 but about the 2.3... I can not imagine any world in which I would want the 2.3 in a Bronco with Sasquatch ( or possibly just any 4 door trim). This was a 2 door on 35s with the 2.7 and the power was sufficient but that was about it. It had good pull from a dead stop...but going say 40ish and then stomping on it... Eeh.
That's funny because just a few hours ago I test drove a WT SAS 2.7L & I was floored by the get up & go it had. Last fall I tested a 2.3L lifted ranger & was satisfied with the output. I guess to each their own..

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep has an advantage there because there are speakers right behind the driver's head. Bronco can't have those because there's no crossbar (which is also an advantage over the Jeep, but for a different reason).
You know I thought about that, but I think that's really just boils down to the actual speakers they used. Maybe somebody knows the specs, but when I turned around and looked at them I swear the little grill must have only been three or four inches big.

Had they been 6x9, or maybe 5x7 My guess is it would have made a world of difference (with of course some watts behind it)

I see it as being a great opportunity for aftermarket. If you could unbolt the factory speakers and bolt replacements into their place with better sound it would be a serious win.

I saw mention of a sound bar but I never paid attention to those threads... Guess it's time to look it up :)

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Soft top or hard top?
Yeah so get this, what is the most dirty build you can have?

Try a two-door wild trak (with Sasquatch and the 2.7 of course) AND hard top.

And it's a dealer mannequin to add some salt to it.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's funny because just a few hours ago I test drove a WT SAS 2.7L & I was floored by the get up & go it had. Last fall I tested a 2.3L lifted ranger & was satisfied with the output. I guess to each their own..
What's your normal daily driver? Cuz that might make a difference with what you're used to.

Again I'm not saying the 2.7 was "disappointing".. it's just not as much as I would have expected...

The critical point I was trying to make is to those that are thinking a 2.3 is good enough, especially in the cases of Sasquatch.

But hey... Jeep puts a 2.0 in their Rubi Unlimited.. so it's doable, I just know it ain't for me.

I can't picture a 4 Door, Sasquatch, loaded with Off road goodies...powered by a 2.3 4 cylinder.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love different opinions and reads. I think a lot is dialed into expectations and previous vehicles.

For myself I look at this as an suv, not a car/coupe. Reading all the reviews and finally getting a chance to drive a 2.3A this week I'd say it's more than fine. I get it won't have as much scoot as my current LR or a car but I had zero problems accelerating, passing, etc. I'd add use sport mode if applicable too (you did), makes a difference with spooling. If you are a real aggressive driver maybe go 2.7 or do the performance tune down the road but for me it was great.

I do agree with the stereo comment. I didn't think it was that bad but was not good. I will be looking at ways to improve this in the first 6 months. It is insane you have to move to LUX for B&O. This should be available in MID+ as an option.

Kinda agree with the dash thing but I feel like after 1 week you won't notice.

IMO still loved it, room for improvement, but I am still as excited and my experience did not make me rethink my choice of a 2.3A. There is also nothing else I would want in place of this, especially for the cost. Love the review though!

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft top or hard top?
2 door MIC- I rarely lose signal but the Bronco signal went out everytime I went under a tree canopy. To say it another way, I did not hear one complete song on a 45 minute drive. I'll keep XM for interstate trips.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door MIC- I rarely lose signal but the Bronco signal went out everytime I went under a tree canopy. To say it another way, I did not hear one complete song on a 45 minute drive. I'll keep XM for interstate trips.
Damn. Hopefully it's better with the soft top. Not many vehicles have the antenna under the top.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone with a 2 door please cancel your order immediately.
I think the issue is with all the 2 doors reserved prior to 7/14 2am CT... Anyone in that group should certainly switch to a 4 door trim below BL and without Sasq... Wouldn't touch lux either! That 2.3 is probably the best engine Ford offers, so I would make sure you select that one of you haven't already...I think that about covers it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback and honest review. I think you mentioned that one's perspective is relevant from what they currently drive. You alluded to being planted in your seat in the Mazda. For others, not coming from a sports car perspective, might have an opposite impression of the 2.7L.

I intend to drop my review tonight of a special build/demo. I gave a teaser to the Babes group last night and it's been shared on social media. I mentioned that I was saving a more in depth review for B6G. I don't want to hijack your review thread, but I'll just say that I was impressed.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did not experience the same level of let-down test driving a 4d 2.7 SAS BB today. I have owned many Wranglers though, so have a good baseline for expectations as opposed to, say, my Teslas.
Sponsored