Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you Ford, now some
Guess what, Ford is on the forum, responding issues. See attached.

@Ford Motor Company you won’t be bored here. Let’s say Ford communication has been non existent since the beginning and hopefully you can help solve that.

We need to hear more about the current issues (leaking roof, honeycomb roof patterns, QC issues…).

We also need to hear more about order scheduling. Why some people like me (hour 1 reservation, #1 allocation at the dealer are waiting for their Bronco to be scheduled while some people with the exact same build but ordered later are driving theirs?) what’s the scheduling look like this month?

Why can’t we get a roof rack on 21MY Sasquatch and what will be different in the 22 to allow roof rack?

I am sure many other questions are still unanswered. Thank you for hopefully bringing some clarity, help and communication to this chaos.

2CEDF664-128F-495A-897C-C48317CAFC27.jpeg
Thank you Ford, Now some of us hourly employees can take a break from customer care issues..and get back to focusing on making them.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you’ll start expecting some sort of honesty and respectfulness next? Don’t you know things like integrity are antiquated?
Call me a geezer but I still think things like honesty, integrity, hard work, and realistic expectations go further than pandering.

And pandering/placating is what the world's gears are lubricated by these days.
To me a handshake and a person's word mean as much as a notarized document.
If only, right?!

People, as well as global corporations have to put thought and purpose behind every move, every email, every communication because of the "My camping chair isn't the same color of red depicted on the Ad, so I'm suing for damages and mental anguish." world that has evolved over the past several decades.

Not in any way, shape, or form advocating anything in this entire ordeal on either side.
But I get WHY sometimes Ford simply can't just tell it like it is in every single instance, or even most instances.

Someone always answers to someone, and in this case, I'm sure there are internal communications (and changes) going on we wouldn't wish on our worst enemy. Plus there's the ever-present shareholder and Board members. And forget the general public, as a whole, being able to handle the blunt truth. Some can, most can't.

It's a rabbit hole, man. A Crazy-town of immense proportions.

Last edited:

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Guess what, Ford is on the forum, responding issues. See attached.

@Ford Motor Company you won’t be bored here. Let’s say Ford communication has been non existent since the beginning and hopefully you can help solve that.

We need to hear more about the current issues (leaking roof, honeycomb roof patterns, QC issues…).

We also need to hear more about order scheduling. Why some people like me (hour 1 reservation, #1 allocation at the dealer are waiting for their Bronco to be scheduled while some people with the exact same build but ordered later are driving theirs?) what’s the scheduling look like this month?

Why can’t we get a roof rack on 21MY Sasquatch and what will be different in the 22 to allow roof rack?

I am sure many other questions are still unanswered. Thank you for hopefully bringing some clarity, help and communication to this chaos.

2CEDF664-128F-495A-897C-C48317CAFC27.jpeg
I just responded to my original thread that I spoke with Ford and I expect they will get this resolved. Good news for all of us!

GiantSloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @Ford Motor Company , as others have stated, all we want is an estimated build date based on current constraints. That’s a simple fix. Send me an email letting me know if you think my build should be schedule Q1.2 or 3 or 4 and the year (2021, 2022, 2023). That’s a simple request that would go a long way toward repairing your reputation among Bronco reservation holders - which is sinking every day you don’t provide meaningful updates.

Sponsored

SirChadly71

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't get it. All we really want is an accurate estimate and relatively frequent communication about our order, not the whole population. We all get there were issues for many reasons during the hell year of 2020 but the inconsistency is killing me. My status page says one thing, Ford says another on the phone and my dealer says a third, what is ACTUALLY going on so I can plan the MAJOR purchase.

I don't feel like I am asking too much.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Part of me thinks half the problem for build date whining is creating by the domino's delivery tracker so people can be updated 20 times a day. They created an expectation that they always be updated. Last time I ordered a vehicle (15 years or so ago) it was simply we'll call you when it's in. No tracker, no calling customer service, just 5 months of moving on with life.

Maybe I've got a different perspective cause I've spent my adult life getting railed by Uncle Sam's big green weenie, but people need relax and stop counting days. Deployments go faster when you don't obsess over time on move on and focus on your job.

Now cue the entitled ones saying how Ford robbed them somehow.

//Flame on
#adulting... good job. it seems we live in the world of instant gratification and when we don't receive the instant gratification, we throw a tantrum.

glad to see another adult on here... i remember the roll out of the 05 mustang... i am happy the proliferation of forums was not like it is today...

good luck getting yours... and beware of the big green weenie

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But you also have people who feel overly entitled.

Just as an example for reservation holders:

Premierdrum and I ordered nearly at identical times and have almost identical builds (I got the V6 and some additional options vs his build)

We both have reservations with in the first hour or so if it going live.

His build date never changed, but mine bounced around five times due to my options, but after everything was said and done, I was only a week late vs my first estimated build date.

His was delivered, meanwhile mine is bouncing around some place with the latest update putting it back into Ford's hands again on the 13th.

IMO this just shows the sheer volume of reservations Ford received within the first few hours. Then add in further delays for commodities issues and that is pushing back peoples build dates.

Bronco production isn't even up to full speed yet and I'm willing to bet that Ford has less than 5000 units built so far. They only sold 800 of them in the last week or two of June.

Ford has something like 150k+ reservations.
Careful with using the word entitled, they all get mad and call you names....

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably completely futile to post this, but you guys should understand that the official Ford account will not be responding to every question and inquiry they are tagged in.

Pretty clear that the purpose of the account is so they can pulse the forum (been doing that since day one I’d expect, don’t need an account labeled “official” for that), and to address serious issues like the water leaking out of the airbag panel problem.

Would probably be helpful for @Administrator and @Ford Motor Company to create a brief, locked thread stating their reasons for being on the forum in an official capacity and setting expectations for what they will and won’t be doing here. Maybe this helps folks understand why Ford isn’t responding to their delay complaints and build date inquiries.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think people really appreciate the impact the pandemic has on large corporations and product launches. It is well beyond constraint items. Your leadership is not only trying to navigate a new product launch, commodity constraints, etc. but also the challenges of an extremely difficult labor market, major changes associated with in-person Work environment, new regulations on work environment, etc. This pandemic (whether you agree with the response) has completely gut-punched companies. Yet, many companies have powered through, continue to employ, continue to deliver a product and are contributing to maintain a stable economy. Maybe a little credit is deserved.

I still want as much information as possible about when my Bronco will be delivered but I don’t fault Ford for all the challenges and hurdles. Don’t kid yourself, this launch would have looked very different without a pandemic.
100%!

Sponsored

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me a geezer but I still think things like honesty, integrity, hard work, and realistic expectations go further than pandering.

And pandering/placating is what the world's gears are lubricated by these days.
To me a handshake and a person's word mean as much as a notarized document.
If only, right?!

People, as well as global corporations have to put thought and purpose behind every move, every email, every communication because of the "My McDonald's coffee burned me because it was hot and I'm suing for damages" world that has evolved over the past several decades.

Not in any way, shape, or form advocating anything in this entire ordeal on either side.
But I get WHY sometimes Ford simply can't just tell it like it is in every single instance, or even most instances.

Someone always answers to someone, and in this case, I'm sure there are internal communications (and changes) going on we wouldn't wish on our worst enemy. Plus there's the ever-present shareholder and Board members. And forget the general public, as a whole, being able to handle the blunt truth. Some can, most can't.

It's a rabbit hole, man. A Crazy-town of immense proportions.
Not to get into it, but you REALLY need to read up on this case. It's been used as a false narrative for decades now and it's ridiculously incorrect.

The lady sued them because:

The coffee was a LOT hotter than it was supposed to be.
The lid wasn't fastened correctly.
When she asked McDonalds to pay her medical bills (3rd degree burns on her thighs requiring skin grafts) they said no.

Further, McDonalds admitted they were serving coffee that was well beyond safe temps and there were several other cases where this happened that they also ignored after investigations.

The lady asked for her medical bills to be paid in the lawsuit and a jury awarded her millions. The judge then reduced that AND put 40% of the blame on her as well.

Facts matter.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I can say is I feel sorry for the one that pulled the short straw, and has to answer questions on the forum. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.