First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last minute color change, huh? What made you switch? I ordered Cactus Grey for my FE but I feel like I want to switch to rapid red. I keep going back and forth, I can't freaking decide. If I wait much longer I won't have the option to switch anyway lol.
Saw Area 51 in person recently and it was too sky blue, which is what I was nervous about. I was really wishing it was closer to the blue-gray like on the B&P. Would've changed to LB sooner, but took some coaxing with the gf to convince her..

I also saw the Cactus Grey in person and really liked it.. No minty green look at all which I didn't like. CG would be my second choice behind LB now that I know what they look like for real.
Sponsored

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was everyone's reservation date/numbers? Are we even close to the end of July?

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr CO badlands mid pkg
Day 1 reservation (early 7/14)
Received VIN on 4/22 scheduled for 6/28 then 7/19, now 8/9 (email from 6/25)
Will check next week to see if it sticks, have been checking for the WIndow sticker daily also.

Last edited:

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw Area 51 in person recently and it was too sky blue, which is what I was nervous about. I was really wishing it was closer to the blue-gray like on the B&P. Would've changed to LB sooner, but took some coaxing with the gf to convince her..

I also saw the Cactus Grey in person and really liked it.. No minty green look at all which I didn't like. CG would be my second choice behind LB now that I know what they look like for real.
So you didn't have any problems switching colors this late in the game? I thought you couldn't change after you had a VIN and scheduled build.

I had originally ordered Area 51, but then switched to Cactus Gray a few weeks ago, before being scheduled. It's funny how colors appear to different to different folks (lighting impacts it too of course). I had actually hoped for Area 51 to be more sky blue but to my eye it was too dark, more of a dark teal type in certain lighting. I've only seen it in person on the Bronco Sport and I just wasn't a fan of it on that vehicle. I do think it will look a lot better on the Bronco. I've agonized over the color for so many hours... Ugh.

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you didn't have any problems switching colors this late in the game? I thought you couldn't change after you had a VIN and scheduled build.

I had originally ordered Area 51, but then switched to Cactus Gray a few weeks ago, before being scheduled. It's funny how colors appear to different to different folks (lighting impacts it too of course). I had actually hoped for Area 51 to be more sky blue but to my eye it was too dark, more of a dark teal type in certain lighting. I've only seen it in person on the Bronco Sport and I just wasn't a fan of it on that vehicle. I do think it will look a lot better on the Bronco. I've agonized over the color for so many hours... Ugh.
No issues so far that I know of, called the dealer and they updated it in WBDO. I know paint is the only thing you can change at this stage and my dealer was surprised it could be done.

I was lucky enough to see 2 bronco sports at the same time in Montana (lots of Sports in Glacier driving around) that were CG and Area 51. I had already been on the fence on Area 51 and it's so hard to get an accurate depiction of the color from photos online. Seeing it in person, both in sunlight and shade, A51 just wasn't the color I wanted.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can switch even if you have a vin, but at some point it becomes too late. Your dealer should be able to check within webdo if you're still eligible. If you have a build week you should be good, build day and you are probably locked into your build.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was given an actual build day of 7/19 then it pushed to the week of 8/9. Hopefully the thread starter is our lucky charm 😉! And I just checked, no window sticker yet…

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing is they're not supposed to start Saturday shifts yet right? Not til September?
It was the August ramp up that included every other Saturday last I saw.

Sponsored

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues so far that I know of, called the dealer and they updated it in WBDO. I know paint is the only thing you can change at this stage and my dealer was surprised it could be done.

I was lucky enough to see 2 bronco sports at the same time in Montana (lots of Sports in Glacier driving around) that were CG and Area 51. I had already been on the fence on Area 51 and it's so hard to get an accurate depiction of the color from photos online. Seeing it in person, both in sunlight and shade, A51 just wasn't the color I wanted.
You can switch even if you have a vin, but at some point it becomes too late. Your dealer should be able to check within webdo if you're still eligible. If you have a build week you should be good, build day and you are probably locked into your build.
Thanks for the info! Now I'm going to spend even more time agonizing over this and convince myself to switch back to Area 51 or even carbonized gray. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She's not wrong. :ROFLMAO: I was just about to switch from Cactus -> Carbonized and from MIC -> Soft and then I got my build email the next day.

DCDcollects

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everybody! I was originally a July 26th build date, and it got bumped to the week of August 9th.

I'm a 4 door Outer Banks, 2.7 engine, MIC, LUX package. Area 51, with blue leather seats. I do have a VIN assigned, which I take it is a good sign.

I originally ordered on the second day (because I couldn't get in on the first), and I'm working with DHL Ford in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Good luck, everybody!

steve578

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser, M5, 993, 924S, 928, Wagoneer, Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m part of the 8/9 group. My 4 door FE in Lightning Blue is scheduled that week.

tasman

Wildtrak
First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4D wildtrak with mic
Hoping 8/9 build week holds