Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so if someone wanted this for a stock black diamond (non-sas) here are the q's:

does this void warranty?
does it need dealer install?
are the standard HOSS shocks ok (do not need to replace)?
assume 33s would work great on stock steelies (or other models)?

it looks like 1.5/2.5 lift and 33s would be perfect per the responses.
Read my review. It was a 4-dr OBX stock with the Stage 1 package from 4WP. The stage 1 package includes the lift that Jay is referencing. It also included 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires on Method wheels.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read Jay's post as 2.5" in the front with all pieces, and 1.5" in the rear. Front has 1" more lift to achieve "level".

Peter
I’m completely ignorant on this stuff....does this mean it comes from the factory “not level”....the rear is higher than the front?

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anybody in the know; if I purchase this leveling kit, is a new rear track bar necessary?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m completely ignorant on this stuff....does this mean it comes from the factory “not level”....the rear is higher than the front?
Yes, many vehicles from the factory have different height front and back. You will hear the term "rake" or "reverse rake", describing this state.

Rake is almost necessary on trucks, because of the designed carrying capacity of the truck bed. If the vehicle is "level" when unloaded, the headlights would be pointing up when the bed is loaded.

On other vehicles, it's less obvious and less of an issue, but everyone have their preferences on looks.

Peter

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, many vehicles from the factory have different height front and back. You will hear the term "rake" or "reverse rake", describing this state.

Rake is almost necessary on trucks, because of the designed carrying capacity of the truck bed. If the vehicle is "level" when unloaded, the headlights would be pointing up when the bed is loaded.

On other vehicles, it's less obvious and less of an issue, but everyone have their preferences on looks.

Peter

I see.

Thanks for that. Does the bronco have “much of” a rake? If I leveled it and then had a bunch of gear in back it was towing....would my headlights “point up”?

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see.

Thanks for that. Does the bronco have “much of” a rake? If I leveled it and then had a bunch of gear in back it was towing....would my headlights “point up”?
I don't think there is a very clear cut answer on this. So many different variables affect this, such as the weight you're carrying in the hatch, the tongue weight of your trailer, the combined weight of your driver and front row passenger, etc etc.

Here's my take, the Bronco's suspension is on the softer side, so the rear will likely "squat" more given the same weight being carried. As far as how much more or how much total, that's going to be different in every situation. I think the answer is largely subjective in this situation.

Peter

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for that update! Yes, anything with Bilsteins is what I read as well. Good to know that the badlands also has those!
Jay, this is the kit I ordered but found out that even though their site says Badlands is supported, it is not. I’ll be returning it and probably doing a simple 1in level kit until better options come out for lifting the Badlands.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see.

Since you're based in North Carolina, have you ever heard of a Carolina Squat?

Some people like a level truck or one with a bit of squat, but I personally feel that any truck without rake looks odd, and it becomes really noticeable when carrying a load in the back or towing a trailer.

Last edited:

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jay, this is the kit I ordered but found out that even though their site says Badlands is supported, it is not. I’ll be returning it and probably doing a simple 1in level kit until better options come out for lifting the Badlands.
Careful! It is my understanding that the Badlands can't take ANY spacer lift as the suspension is already at max height for the geometry of the other components.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you're based in North Carolina, have you ever heard of a Carolina Squat?

Some people like a level truck or one with a bit of squat, but I personally feel that any truck without rake looks odd, and it becomes really noticeable when carrying a load in the back or towing a trailer.

Yea, we were talking about the Carolina Squat (making fun if it and about the law they passed to get rid of it) in another thread. Ha

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, might be a stupid question(s), but...
  1. Is the Sasquatch package also raked, or already leveled?
  2. If it can/should be leveled, what are our options, if any?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, might be a stupid question(s), but...
  1. Is the Sasquatch package also raked, or already leveled?
  2. If it can/should be leveled, what are our options, if any?
All of the Bronco series have a factory rake. Because the Bronco suspension is soft and designed for off-road use, any significant amount of payload in the cargo bay or on the tow tongue is going to cause the rear end to sag. I personally would leave it alone, but I know many people disagree. It's more of a personal preference.