First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no reliable info on what the split will be coming out of Plymouth on any given day. The issues are varied as well, with both human input and robotic problems to be blamed.

Sorry if I missed your message, my inbox has been a bit of a shitshow lately. I'm trying to help as many as possible There are a ton of Bronco Sports parked awaiting chips with more coming off the line every day. When chips were diverted to Dearborn and MAP it stranded a lot of other units. The fix is on the way, so we'll see how quickly they can clear the lots.

If I were a betting man, I'd put a pint down that your roof was tagged and will be fitted with a replacement.

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.

I don't have the exact date (and I've heard a few) but I'm sure we'll hear something firm soon.
Much appreciated as always. I am scheduled tomorrow, 4 door with MIC. It will still be built correct? Just probably sit in QC for some time?
Sponsored

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ross final note. I think Ford should really consider shipping all and I mean all Broncos with soft tops until the hard top is fully fixed. Many people have worked so very hard to produce a successful product to be spoiled by an inferior Mic top. Thanks again Ross for the positive info you provide us here at 6g.
I've started thinking this too. Can Ford afford to eat thousands of soft tops... probably yes.... will they..... that's a different question.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross final note. I think Ford should really consider shipping all and I mean all Broncos with soft tops until the hard top is fully fixed. Many people have worked so very hard to produce a successful product to be spoiled by an inferior Mic top. Thanks again Ross for the positive info you provide us here at 6g.
In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screw it, just called my dealer and switched to a soft top Badlands vice the Wildtrak. I’ll settle with possibly getting a build sooner and letting them work out the MICs down the road. Sounds like they’re still honoring the plumbing option to be able to add a hard top later. It was hard to give up the Wildtrak trim but it is what it is. The MICs we’re giving me anxiety anyways from all of these posts. Only complaint about the soft has been the wavy windows. Guess I’ll see if the MIC and Wildtrak were the biggest item holding back getting a VIN (that and my 7/15 res date).

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has a serious problem on their hands once cold weather kicks in.

Frost heaving is going to rip the tops apart (around the edges) if there is moisture ingress as the photos so far show gaps plenty wide enough for snow or water accumulation. Simple science, really. Pot holes, but on your roof edging.

If you live in a cold weather climate, you may need to look at some repair work if my hunch is correct. Even some tape or 2 part epoxy could seal the edging a bit. There are special epoxy brands just for this.

If you live someplace warm like I do, then this is really a non issue.

I have full faith in Ford to fix this and my order is a go.

Thank you for the update!

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s great that production is up…I really wish they would produce every Soft Top they can to fill actual orders, regardless of dealer allocation…instead of sending stock orders to dealers that have no buildable units ordered when other dealers will have plenty that could be built but no allocation slots left.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep up the good work!! According to Ford customer service, I began build today at 11:10. Haven’t heard anything or been able to pull up a window sticker, so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it!
The one time I got through to Ford's customer service line, they told me that my truck was already built, which it is not. Your sales person may have better info, but I hope Ford customer service is right!

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep up the good work!! According to Ford customer service, I began build today at 11:10. Haven’t heard anything or been able to pull up a window sticker, so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it!
Funny I called and they wouldn’t tell me anything this time. First time ever of the 5 times I’ve called.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Screw it, just called my dealer and switched to a soft top Badlands vice the Wildtrak. I’ll settle with possibly getting a build sooner and letting them work out the MICs down the road. Sounds like they’re still honoring the plumbing option to be able to add a hard top later. It was hard to give up the Wildtrak trim but it is what it is. The MICs we’re giving me anxiety anyways from all of these posts. Only complaint about the soft has been the wavy windows. Guess I’ll see if the MIC and Wildtrak were the biggest item holding back getting a VIN (that and my 7/15 res date).
Smart Man. :cool:

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
That would make everyone happy reservation holders, dealers, and the press would eat it up on how well Ford Motor Co. is taking care of there Customers. I seriously doubt they would do it but it would be awesome.
@Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay? The fine men and women of MAP are ramping up at an exciting pace to get as many of your builds out the door as possible.

The current pace of production is seeing nearly 900 units daily roll off of final assembly as we sit just 2 weeks away from "full blend" line speed. That 900 figure is split between Bronco and Ranger, currently running about a 60/40 split. Bronco's body shop has been pushing out as many as 300 rigs per shift, as they are running ahead of final a bit on speed. Units are only going to paint when there is room for them on final after, so there will be some ebb and flow here.

We've all been let down by the issues surrounding the MIC tops - my own included - and I have to believe that there is a fix in the works. All I can say for certain is that issues are being documented thoroughly and I expect some customer-facing movement on this soon.

As you've seen, production mix for the coming months is shifting outside of demand for hard tops (and all 2 door units). There was optimism in the last 6 weeks when output at the Plymouth plant ticked up a bit, but the multiple issues with delivered roof units has popped that balloon quite quickly. I can't say for sure what the final mix will be, but dealers are being asked to program retail stock builds (all 4 door soft tops, mostly base and Big Bend trims) so that MAP has a pool of backup builds in case they run out of buildable units. They will NOT build appreciable stock units IF there are buildable customer units in the queue. It's just a matter of what they're able to build.

IF you're lucky enough to get a hard top Bronco delivered, document the heck out of your roof at delivery. Take pictures of the entire inside and outside in detail. Note any inconsistencies - however small - so the dealer has record of it for when a solution becomes available.

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Annoying roof issues aside - that I'm confident Ford will address - these rigs are sweet. They're fun an engaging to drive, they're comfortable to live with, they do what you ask them to without any protest, and they catch the eye of everyone around you.

Q&A:

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.
You really should have Mike Levine's job. (If you wanted it) You are the only real source of true communication as far as what is going on. Thanks.
Sponsored