Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The fine men and women of MAP
Put this beast in my garage. This vehicle is so much more than these tops. Every tenth of a mile, I think less and less of the top issue. It will get fixed and I believe some will get compensated.

DARK.JPG
Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum

What I don't get is..all the testing Ford has done with these vehicles, including all the events over the past year, and now the Off Roadeos, how did they not catch these MIC issues earlier? Makes me wonder if it's occurring now because Webasto was forced to ramp up production when they don't really have the capacity or ability to do so, resulting in an inferior product. As the old saying goes, haste makes waste?
Remember most of those early MIC tops because of all the issues were being built at the research and development location, everything we've seen since is from the production facility.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum

What I don't get is..all the testing Ford has done with these vehicles, including all the events over the past year, and now the Off Roadeos, how did they not catch these MIC issues earlier? Makes me wonder if it's occurring now because Webasto was forced to ramp up production when they don't really have the capacity or ability to do so, resulting in an inferior product. As the old saying goes, haste makes waste?
The few MIC units used for pre-production testing were almost exclusively hand built in Germany at Webasto HQ. The COVID-induced materials shortage kept the brand new Plymouth factory from putting out any appreciable amount of tops prior to production as they weren't able to get the proper resins. As for the Off Roadeos, those units are built like the rest and they aren't combed thru by those facilitating the events... and many of these issues disappear unless you're looking for them.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
As we figured, they are not going to steal good tops from the line for those of us stuck “in production”. If you’re scheduled, they have the components to build your rig. If your build passes QC, you should be good get your “built status“ and ship. Those of us built in late June that did not pass QC will just be screwed until there are excess tops. Obviously not expecting that it will happen anytime soon. Let the lot rot begin…

to be clear, I completely understand it. I work in upstream product management and have been hampered by suppliers not meeting expectations on projects. But I’m still salty about getting screwed like this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update Ross! Since you're closer to the action than anyone else... do you think Ford is making plans to accommodate Wildtrak orders? Like allowing us to option a soft top at a reduced overall price or giving us a soft top now and a MIC top later? It truly does suck to see the Wildtraks all but abandoned right now due to the MIC problems.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if the top hasn't impacted my scheduled build then how has it been in production for over 3 weeks?
It can't the chips either since Ford said it's all good there.
Maybe they're just waxing and buffing the shit out of it?
Guys, I'll take it as is - thanks!
I think he was answering our questions of whether or not this would keep currently scheduled orders from being built. Once they are built they will likely be held up for a while until the can pass inspection or receive the corrected top.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wasn't is implied/rumored that the reason the MOD tops were pushed to 23 was because Ford pulled the contract for those and gave them to another supplier?
Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if the top hasn't impacted my scheduled build then how has it been in production for over 3 weeks?
It can't the chips either since Ford said it's all good there.
Maybe they're just waxing and buffing the shit out of it?
Guys, I'll take it as is - thanks!
The thought is our earlier builds is when they found the issues, held them and are replacing them while still building new vehicles, Ford isn't going to stop production to fix the ones sitting, they just have to take some as they go and swap and ship them. unfortunately depending on how they park them they probably started swapping the ones in the from the front so the oldest builds sitting there will also sit the longest until they get to the back of the lot......

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take this one for the team and take the bad MIC top, so they can hopefully get their stuff together by the time yours is built. I'll even show you how bad mine is. Does that make you feel better?
Lol no because nobody deserves to take a poorly manufactured top for a 30-60K vehicle.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is ford going to come out and publicly address this issue to us. Mr Mike Levine posts a lot of stuff on Twitter about ford products and he really does seem like a decent guy but he has yet to address the problem with the hard tops on his Twitter. he probably doesn’t want to scare away potential bronco buyers lol

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is ford going to come out and publicly address this issue to us. Mr Mike Levine posts a lot of stuff on Twitter about ford products and he really does seem like a decent guy but he has yet to address the problem with the hard tops on his Twitter. he probably doesn’t want to scare away potential bronco buyers lol
Like everything that has happened they probably hope they can fix the issue before its widespread beyond a msg board and a Facebook group.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.
Probably to avoid someone putting two and two together and ask why such a thing would need to be done.
Sponsored