Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see.

Thanks for that. Does the bronco have “much of” a rake? If I leveled it and then had a bunch of gear in back it was towing....would my headlights “point up”?
Even if you aren’t towing or carrying gear, you will likely need to readjust/aim your headlights after the install.

In the very least you should check, lest you want you be that person who’s constantly blinding everyone else.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, 4x4 newb here. What's the difference between a leveling kit and a lift kit?
A lift kit raises the vehicle.

A level kit levels (the rake) the vehicle.

Each are independent of the other.

Many lift kits are designed to level as well (such as this one).

Scenario A: 1” Front, nothing back = Level

Scenario B: 1” Front, 1” Back = Lift

Scenario C: 2” Front, 1” Back = Lift & Level

Last edited:

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so now i am wondering if i could not do a Badlands and still achieve the 285/75/17 tire on another model which to my mind is tall enough and just that much slimmer than the 35s on the Squatch. i am not going to need the added capabilities of the squatch (and most likely the non-sas Badlands either)
anyone in the 285/75/17 crowd thinking like this?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so now i am wondering if i could not do a Badlands and still achieve the 285/75/17 tire on another model which to my mind is tall enough and just that much slimmer than the 35s on the Squatch. i am not going to need the added capabilities of the squatch (and most likely the non-sas Badlands either)
anyone in the 285/75/17 crowd thinking like this?
Yes. If all you’re interested is bigger tires, and don’t care about maximizing suspension travel, a base-OB with a “budget boost” spacer lift like this will be your fastest and cheapest route.

Mind that the BL also comes with the heavier duty front axle/diff and higher final drive gears for those bigger tires.

I guess that’s all to say; tons of people will successfully pull off the first option and never have an issue (particularly if it’s mostly for aesthetics), but the second option is the “proper” way to do it.

So you do you.

;)

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see.

Thanks for that. Does the bronco have “much of” a rake? If I leveled it and then had a bunch of gear in back it was towing....would my headlights “point up”?
To answer your 1st questions yes, the Bronco with Sasquatch has a significant “rake” to it. On SUV’s the Rake is for aerodynamics (well it is for the CAFE standards and MPG but Aerodynamics is what gets them there) and the Bronco has more than I expected coming from Wranglers and 4Runners but they all have this to a degree. On a 4Runner and a Wrangler a 1.5“ leveling lift kit is required if you are putting a winch to get you level, I am installing the Zone Offroad 1” on my Bronco this week until Icon or TeraFlex (falcon) comes out with a coil over kit.

To answer your last question they wouldn‘t necessarily point UP but are pointed at the road 20-30’ out from the front of the vehicle from factory and you would definitely be affecting that with a leveling lift kit let alone with enough gear in the rear to pop a wheelie.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To answer your 1st questions yes, the Bronco with Sasquatch has a significant “rake” to it. On SUV’s the Rake is for aerodynamics (well it is for the CAFE standards and MPG but Aerodynamics is what gets them there) and the Bronco has more than I expected coming from Wranglers and 4Runners but they all have this to a degree. On a 4Runner and a Wrangler a 1.5“ leveling lift kit is required if you are putting a winch to get you level, I am installing the Zone Offroad 1” on my Bronco this week until Icon or TeraFlex (falcon) comes out with a coil over kit.

To answer your last question they wouldn‘t necessarily point UP but are pointed at the road 20-30’ out from the front of the vehicle from factory and you would be definitely affected that with a leveling lift kit let alone with enough gear in the rear to pop a wheelie.

Thanks for the info.....what’s the difference between this and the “coil overs” you mention?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes. If all you’re interested is bigger tires, and don’t care about maximizing suspension travel, a base-OB with a “budget boost” spacer lift like this will be your fastest and cheapest route.

Mind that the BL also comes with the heavier duty front axle/diff and higher final drive gears for those bigger tires.

I guess that’s all to say; tons of people will successfully pull off the first option and never have an issue (particularly if it’s mostly for aesthetics), but the second option is the “proper” way to do it.

So you do you.

;)
Ah the gearing, thanks for that reminder - that matters to me. don't want to lose whatever punch i can get just because of bigger tires

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mind that the BL also comes with the heavier duty front axle/diff and higher final drive gears for those bigger tires
so on the B and P it is telling me that you can get a BL with 4.7 gearing but have to get the 2.3 engine - never realized that and would rather have the larger engine with bigger tires, than the 4.7 gears - right?

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so on the B and P it is telling me that you can get a BL with 4.7 gearing but have to get the 2.3 engine - never realized that and would rather have the larger engine with bigger tires, than the 4.7 gears - right?
The manual Badlands comes with 4.7 gearing. The rest of the manual Broncos get 4.46 gearing which is the same as the automatic Badlands. So if you went with a Manual BD/BB/ or two door you’d be able to add the level lift and add 35’s with the same gearing the as the automatic Badlands has with 33’s.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No thankyou, I would like my Bronco to not look like a dog with worms dragging its but on the carpet. If anything lift the rear more since the front is IFS limited and the rear is where I will load things and add weight.

Sponsored

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No thankyou, I would like my Bronco to not look like a dog with worms dragging its but on the carpet. If anything lift the rear more since the front is IFS limited and the rear is where I will load things and add weight.
You don't lift the rear more for that you just put stiffer springs on it. Sort of like leg day at the gym doesn't make your legs longer just stronger.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Granger Ford
So, Jay...
What are you guys thinking about offering some wheel/tire combos and hooking us up with a credit for the takeoffs?

I'd love to have something installed already at time of pickup - eventually, someday, whenever I finally get to order the build of my unicorn 2-door Wildtrak. :cool:

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford
So, Jay...
What are you guys thinking about offering some wheel/tire combos and hooking us up with a credit for the takeoffs?

I'd love to have something installed already at time of pickup - eventually, someday, whenever I finally get to order the build of my unicorn 2-door Wildtrak. :cool:
I am all ears on what you guys want to see. I have wheels and tires ordered, Leveling kits, big speaker mounted in the back. Let me know what you guys want to see and I can make it happen!
As far as a credit for factory wheels and tires, we are limited to how much we can give you for them since we do not know the market on it all. Depending on what wheel/tire combo everyone has, we have been doing $100-$150 a corner. So anywhere from $500-$750. Until we have an idea of what these things are truly worth, we are being cautious, otherwise we will have a parts room full of wheels.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am all ears on what you guys want to see. I have wheels and tires ordered, Leveling kits, big speaker mounted in the back. Let me know what you guys want to see and I can make it happen!
As far as a credit for factory wheels and tires, we are limited to how much we can give you for them since we do not know the market on it all. Depending on what wheel/tire combo everyone has, we have been doing $100-$150 a corner. So anywhere from $500-$750. Until we have an idea of what these things are truly worth, we are being cautious, otherwise we will have a parts room full of wheels.
We’ll, since you asked…

Cooper STT Pro 35’s mounted (raised white letters out) on a set of white Fifteen52 Analogs!

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2dr BD on order with you guys. I'm a day 2 reservation but don't think I made your 203/4 allocation cut...so...whenever my Bronco does show up I would be very interested in knowing what takeoffs you have lying around. Would keep the BD steelies, probably for snow tires.
Sponsored