Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they’re both “real” vehicles. One is off road capable commuter and the other is more of a being just a commuter vehicle. I never knock anyone for what they drive. I don’t think the sport looks bad. I think if it were called the bronco II it would of better differentiated them.
I do agree on the name. Bronco II would have been a better fit.

I still wish the big bronco would have been a solid front axle v8 with manual 4x4 lever. Maybe the big bronco should have been called the Bronco II :) and have made a manly version like we remember from 79 to mid 1990s and called it the Bronco.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do agree on the name. Bronco II would have been a better fit.

I still wish the big bronco would have been a solid front axle v8 with manual 4x4 lever. Maybe the big bronco should have been called the Bronco II :) and have made a manly version like we remember from 79 to mid 1990s and called it the Bronco.
Yeah I wish the 5.0 was an option just for the option the whipple it. What about lock out hubs??? Hahah I remember my dad would bitch at me when I couldn’t turn them. He’d have to walk around to my side to twist them. The mid 90s Broncos had a weird front axle that was basically Ifs.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could you imagine if they had actually built that instead of the crossover that now bares the Blazer name. With all the competition, life would be awesome for off-road enthusiasts.
i am not too sure it would increase the overall good for off road enthusiasts. it would have another draw on aftermarket parts manufacture. independent research and development would be more spread out. you would be diluting the customer base. making it less appealing for motor companies to jump into the market. jeep had a great racket going for many years, but do you think the level of success would have happened if there were 10 more competitors for the same cusomers? chances no company would have had the sucess level to compete with government looking to force these inefficient special purpose vehicles into the extinction...

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I wish the 5.0 was an option just for the option the whipple it. What about lock out hubs??? Hahah I remember my dad would bitch at me when I couldn’t turn them. He’d have to walk around to my side to twist them. The mid 90s Broncos had a weird front axle that was basically Ifs.
similar. Twin traction beam. Basically a straight axle cut in half and connected in the center. Weird design. Drove not so great.

Manual hubs are the best! But yea. “Son. Get out and lock the hubs”. But it’s freezing and they are frozen. “Then unfreeze them”

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i am not too sure it would increase the overall good for off road enthusiasts. it would have another draw on aftermarket parts manufacture. independent research and development would be more spread out. you would be diluting the customer base. making it less appealing for motor companies to jump into the market. jeep had a great racket going for many years, but do you think the level of success would have happened if there were 10 more competitors for the same cusomers? chances no company would have had the sucess level to compete with government looking to force these inefficient special purpose vehicles into the extinction...
Lol, all good points, however….I still say it would have been awesome if they built that concept.

Also, the point isn’t necessarily to steal buyers from one brand or another, but expand the market, and encourage growth in the segment.

Anyway, I think it would have made for more fun for the general off road public, and gone back to more of Ford vs Chevy, instead of Jeep vs Ford.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with TB on Plainfield they are letting me use the A plan. Did you see the Bronco in Cedar Springs? Red OBX soft top
Haven’t seen that one yet. Great Lakes in Muskegon has a 2 dr obxsas in VB and the salesman had a 4 dr BD.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not any. But certainly anything new.
I don't recall the last time I've seen an image of a Chevy Trax, Equinox, Traverse, or the new Blazer/Trailblazer on any part of the trails at Moab. Then again, I don't recall seeing a new Tahoe, or Suburban there either.
I'm not an expert on Government Motors, so I'm possibly wrong... just sayin'.
Funny you say that, I was in Moab all week and what I noticed was zero Ford’s. And I mean zero, tails covered in Jeep’s and utvs few Toyota’s Chevy based older rigs. But even on the streets was Chevy and dodge trucks. Don’t know but just what I noticed. Yep no 2021 Broncos other then the dealership full of them in grand junction.
Sponsored