Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated:

For Sasquatch suspension part numbers, see:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here are the part numbers and prices, with sources to show the $$$.
SAS Front Damper - MB3Z-18124-K - $190.92/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18124k

SAS Rear Damper - MB3Z-18125-K - $211.75/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18125k

SAS Front Springs - MB3Z-5310-K* - $78.62/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-front-mb3z5310k

SAS Rear Springs - MB3Z-5560-F* - $98.71/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-coil-mb3z5560f

* - I do not know the spring code for a 4 door BD with 2.7 and SAS, so I just picked one. The others are similar in price.

Total = $1160

So less than I priced earlier though different sites. Add Tax and shipping and you are still around $1300. I'm sure some people still won't believe the numbers 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to @North7 for this guide where I got all the part numbers:

Anyone with a 4 Door Black Diamond, SAS and 2.7 please post up your spring code listed on your door jamb sticker.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am considering buying the shocks at some point to upgrade my BD. I'm not sure if the springs would be required as part of the upgrade?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?
By themselves....that's a pretty good deal for 4 coilovers with reservoirs and sterling reviews so far. Aftermarket will have to step up to beat that price to value. If it were me though, I would sit and wait on Sasquatch take-offs for much less, as I think they start showing up pretty quickly.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya, that seems pretty reasonable, I would probably pull the trigger on that for the suspension plus the lift that comes with it.

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thoughts?
I may go that route but with the standard, non-sas Badlands shocks, or may just go with aftermarket. I am not looking for much, if any, lift. You may be able to reuse your springs. IIRC the springs are tied to doors, engine and trim, not to the shocks.

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big question I want to see and hopefully there are more leaks is. Has it been confirmed yet if the bronco raptor is using the f150 raptor live valve fox shocks. If so you can get them cheap new take offs. You'd need two front sets. It also depends on top hat height too.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thoughts?
I may go that route but with the standard, non-sas Badlands shocks, or may just go with aftermarket. I am not looking for much, if any, lift. You may be able to reuse your springs. IIRC the springs are tied to doors, engine and trim, not to the shocks.
Does the 1300 include the Springs?

There was something about Squatch springs being barrel springs and the stock and Badlands not, and this would be important when the upgraded Ford Performance 6100-base Bilsteins are available.

Better check in with North7 and Flip.

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I debated this for a while. Initial order was a non-squatch BL. I recently upped my order to the SAS simply because I dont want the headache later of new tires, new wheels, suspension, lift, cost to regear, labor etc. Now I’m just shopping for wheels and ill be set….well at least until:
- swing gate table
- tow hitch
- baja fog light inserts
- baja bumper lights
- steal rear bumper
- new fenders
- new rock sliders
- led lighting
- cb radio
- blackout the grill
- and im thinkin a little jolly roger for the antenna
Then ill be good 👍

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I plan on putting 35s and different wheels on my Badlands non-squatch, what do I need to get the sasquatch level clearance?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I debated this for a while. Initial order was a non-squatch BL. I recently upped my order to the SAS simply because I dont want the headache later of new tires, new wheels, suspension, lift, cost to regear, labor etc. Now I’m just shopping for wheels and ill be set….well at least until:
- swing gate table
- tow hitch
- baja fog light inserts
- baja bumper lights
- steal rear bumper
- new fenders
- new rock sliders
- led lighting
- cb radio
- blackout the grill
- and im thinkin a little jolly roger for the antenna
Then ill be good 👍
Yeah sorry to break it to you... you not gonna be good 😂... you forgot the light bar, winch, soundbar, armrest safe, floor liners, outdoor shower, and compressor lol

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah sorry to break it to you... you not gonna be good 😂... you forgot the light bar, winch, soundbar, armrest safe, floor liners, outdoor shower, and compressor lol
Thats why i have friends here in this forum to remind me 🤣.
Sponsored