First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! Deliveries make it feel like its actually real!
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious about your shipping, did it go via convoy the whole way from Michigan? Just wondering because I’m in BC and my window sticker says convoy too, I wouldn’t think they’d go that far on truck, normally rail

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The roof is functional; but shows imperfections. They seem to intend to offer field replacements under warranty
Replacements with WHAT? My interpretation of recent info is Ford engineers designed the top...own the patent...own the production equipment - and while it looked good on paper, the crap we're seeing is the reality of that development

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They aren't going to write bad roof on it and send it out. Seriously people It didn't ship for 15 days from when it was built.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
They need to move inventory to keep the line moving. The roof is functional; but shows imperfections. They seem to intend to offer field replacements under warranty, and we get our Bronco sooner rather than later - it’s a win/win in my books.
I hope you are right!

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Replacements with WHAT? My interpretation of recent info is Ford engineers designed the top...own the patent...own the production equipment - and while it looked good on paper, the crap we're seeing is the reality of that development
We know they built good tops in the R&D facility. The design is proven but apparently the Production Facility is having trouble following the recipe. That is why Ford is being as vocal as they are about this being a Webasto issue; and you can bet Webasto is sh*tting their pants because they only built the Plymouth plant for this contract, and they not only stand to lose all of Ford’s business but anyone else’s over this all-too-public issue.

Ford isn’t giving up on a hard top; one will be made available, produced by someone. I ain’t worried about it. What I am seeing is cosmetic issues on roofs / indications problems will grow. The vehicle isn’t undriveable.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They need to move inventory to keep the line moving. The roof is functional; but shows imperfections. They seem to intend to offer field replacements under warranty, and we get our Bronco sooner rather than later - it’s a win/win in my books.
Good points and I'm sure I'll buy into the idea some more when they finally tell me my 6/30 build has shipped 🤣

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We know they built good tops in the R&D facility. The design is proven but apparently the Production Facility is having trouble following the recipe.
I think you're comparing a custom, almost hand-made one-off to a mass-produced machine made product.

The drummer said it well:

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd bet they caught the bad roof, replaced it, and just didn't erase the window chalk. Hopefully that's all it is.
Seriously? You replace a roof and don't erase the "bad roof" chalk? I'd love to see the numbskull in charge of that one.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely need some clarity on this!
So it's bad roof camp. Which means bad roof campaign so every unit that had a roof on it that needs to be campaigned the window will be wrote on bad roof campaign then they have inspectors go out and inspect the roofs they're good to go they ship them.If not they get replaced they just don't wipe that off the side window that's all that's for the dealer to do during prep

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! Wow that is a MIC top right?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! Mine was built 7/16, so good to know I've got a month to wait before mine gets delivered to Calgary:(. Have fun with it!
Sponsored