Sponsored

When will first drive Bronco reviews be published by press journalists?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In comparison to the late April timeframe for orders to reach dealers, when can we plan on seeing initial impressions from the major media outlets on driving impressions?
Sponsored

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont know your answer ,but Im anxious to read Motor Trend and Car And Driver's driving impressions before I buy after watching the reveal of them rolling on the desert at speed. They don't look they handle the moguls very well. Watching the two door one gave me flashbacks of the oldman's 76 pounding your kidneys out. Little worried about that. Definitely doesn't look like my Raptor looked and felt going across the same type of terrain.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In comparison to the late April timeframe for orders to reach dealers, when can we plan on seeing initial impressions from the major media outlets on driving impressions?
I'd say a few months from now at least. Closer to production start.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know your answer ,but Im anxious to read Motor Trend and Car And Driver's driving impressions before I buy after watching the reveal of them rolling on the desert at speed. They don't look they handle the moguls very well. Watching the two door one gave me flashbacks of the oldman's 76 pounding your kidneys out. Little worried about that. Definitely doesn't look like my Raptor looked and felt going across the same type of terrain.
The Videos out in the Desert scenes are CGI like the movies...

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm going to say either fall or early spring depending on weather. they aren't going to give them testers when it's too cold as journalists will want to try driving with no roof or doors.

also, they'll want to test when trails and off road areas are open and in good dry conditions. i'm guessing fall. before the winter thaw. get people interested and put orders in. but thats just my guess.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so ford expects us to reserve without knowing anything, place our orders before anyone gets to drive them.... man are we gulable! :p

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guarantee there will be reviews and comparisons out before we have to commit to paying for our order.

Now, will we get to even see and touch one in person first? That's the real question.

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Fox shocks on the Raptor are much better suited to that type of terrain than the Bilsteins on the Sasquatch. The Bronco also has a much shorter wheelbase.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have two more embargo dates to. those are the dates when publishers can finally release what they have found out about the bronco.

The first date will be the additional details. Getting to pop the hood tinker around with the bronco even drive it. However they will not be able to talk about how the vehicle drives or what they think about the experience. Only about the additional features. That date should be sometime in September or October.

The last embargo date basically allows the journalists to talk about whatever they would like. But mostly driving experience. How the vehicle handles how it stacks up to the competition etc. that date is typically right around when production starts. So odds are January.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so ford expects us to reserve without knowing anything, place our orders before anyone gets to drive them.... man are we gulable! :p
I mean, pretty sure they aren't forcing anyone to do that. The option to wait it out does exist ?‍♂

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee there will be reviews and comparisons out before we have to commit to paying for our order.
I hope it's like when the Gladiator press embargo was lifted. Dozens of hands-on, in-depth reviews and videos popped up at once.

The last embargo date basically allows the journalists to talk about whatever they would like. But mostly driving experience. How the vehicle handles how it stacks up to the competition etc. that date is typically right around when production starts. So odds are January.
:(

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a reference. The 2020 Ford explorer was revealed at the Detroit auto show in January 2019. The embargo wasn’t lifted until June 2019. Hit dealerships in July. So we could be waiting until possibly March for the initial drive reviews.
Sponsored