Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wasn't is implied/rumored that the reason the MOD tops were pushed to 23 was because Ford pulled the contract for those and gave them to another supplier?
Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.
Probably to avoid someone putting two and two together and ask why such a thing would need to be done.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2023 might be a nightmare 2. New supplier may have same issues as Webasto as this will be the first year ever in a new factory that the MOD top is produced.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2023 might be a nightmare 2. New supplier may have same issues as Webasto as this will be the first year ever in a new factory that the MOD top is produced.
Bingo, I was waiting for a 23 white top, I think I may push to 24.

Last edited:

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would hope the new mod top supplier starts working on their end to crank out tops soon so they can be at full production by 2023. They have a little time to prepare. Not much, but a little. I figure they will have to do a bunch of prep and testing before Ford is willing to say they are good to go considering how the MIC tops are working out so far.

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would hope the new mod top supplier starts working on their end to crank out tops soon so they can be at full production by 2023. They have a little time to prepare. Not much, but a little. I figure they will have to do a bunch of prep and testing before Ford is willing to say they are good to go considering how the MIC tops are working out so far.
I bet there will be a fairly new, gently used, production plant in Michigan coming available here within a few months.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if the contract was just signed, what’s a realistic time frame for another company to actually start producing them in quantity?

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if the contract was just signed, what’s a realistic time frame for another company to actually start producing them in quantity?
The new company has to find a facility if they don't already have one. Ford has to provide them with all the tooling. They have to hire people, train people. It won't happen overnight. They have to get the ingredients to build the tops. shipping racks.....

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before the mod top was pulled from the B&P, was it available on the base model?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t get too excited yet.

Ford Bronco Ford has new painted MOD top supplier for Bronco after Webasto loses contract 1626820914237

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The new company has to find a facility if they don't already have one. Ford has to provide them with all the tooling. They have to hire people, train people. It won't happen overnight. They have to get the ingredients to build the tops. shipping racks.....
MY23... and that could get a bit tight.
Sponsored