First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm talking about top plate spacers. You'd have to go back and find the actual comments from 4WP and the like for the exact reasons, but shock length and maxed out CV angles on the current yellow shocks make using a top plate spacer unadvised. I wasn't that concerned with exact details as I will never put spacers on mine anyway. As I said though, even though it's not advised, I'm sure some will.
got it. Yeah that’s the answer I was looking for. The Sasquatch suspension is already maxing out the IFS. So 35s are going to be the standard big tire for the bronco, unless people are dropping the center diff, so they can lift it more.

4runners the same way. You can’t do more than a 3” lift without some serious modifications so your maxed out at 33s.
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4runners the same way. You can’t do more than a 3” lift without some serious modifications so your maxed out at 33s.
Yep, same with my Tacoma. I am pushing the limits of my CV just to get max clearance for 33s. Having 37s "fit" stock trucks is absolutely amazing to me.

Based on these photos I am looking at something in the 35-36" tire range for the Bronco, but my tire of choice (duratrac) requires an 18" wheel for those sizes... and the 18" combo appears to be heavier than 34-35" tires on 17" rims. Edit- the weight difference is a wash on certain wheels, that I don't prefer.

Last edited:

Big Business

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this on Facebook from Johnson Ford. 37s on Sasquatch straight off the transport.

Specs:
  • Toyo Open Country MT 37" Tires
  • Spare tire bracket from 4wp

57C0E0B4-EBCB-4393-94AE-BA60D52EC0E1.jpeg
BDE2E73A-D2D3-44BA-B72C-7171AB631EDC.jpeg
6250647C-8959-4707-9BB7-9387D5ADB183.jpeg
C506AB97-3308-4ED3-948A-F4415C683A03.jpeg
33CC5D1B-BF4E-40FA-8C91-8853DD82EEB4.jpeg
8D9429DA-8704-4BDD-B669-CD201FC6DF03.jpeg
This my Badlands. The 37's do rub on the frame when the wheel is turned lock to lock. It is not bad. Mt F250 rubs much worse than this with a leveling kit and 37's. I do have a leveling kit on order, but its not here yet.

Big Business

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This my Badlands. The 37's do rub on the frame when the wheel is turned lock to lock. It is not bad. Mt F250 rubs much worse than this with a leveling kit and 37's. I do have a leveling kit on order, but its not here yet.
26F4FFBA-BCD7-4675-925B-8B8022F44F04.jpeg

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if you can get enough turning to still activate trail turn assist. I could live with a little rubbing, but to give up the trail turn assist would be a hard no for me. :cool:

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious -what brand leveling kit did you order?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious if you can get enough turning to still activate trail turn assist. I could live with a little rubbing, but to give up the trail turn assist would be a hard no for me. :cool:
Would be a great way to test the strength of the stock axles as well. 👀

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubbing the frame on full lock without even articulating the suspension. Yikes!

Hopefully by the time I get mine there will be diff drops and actual lifts to make 37's truly fit.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be a myriad of diff drop options in the next 12 months from brackets to small spacers. I ran a small spacer, maybe an inch, on my Taco and it worked great. relieved the CV angle, strong, no issues.

I don't think the 37's are going to be a problem with the axles either with responsible wheeling in rocks. If you drive anything too hard it will break. If the 210's are equal to Dana 44's then should be fine, just don't treat the rocks like a drag race or get bouncy which you shouldn't want to do in any setup.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess its great if looks are more important than actually being able to drive it off road. That thing looks like it has about 3 inches of compression before stuff starts rubbing.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for eating the cost and risk of trying this first! I think its really important and useful for the community to learn what can and cant be done with regards to tire package and wheel travel. There are obviously always going to be more ideal ways to modify a vehicle but I can assure you that Ford wasn't doing diff drops or long arms when they were testing the mules on 37's. They probably just cut fenders, or wheel liners or nothing at all and just pinned it with instrumentation.

I would be curious (if you are brave enough) to see frame and body clearance if you can get it flexed out with the swaybar disconnected. That will show (almost) the full jounce and rebound clearances at once.

Big Business

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for eating the cost and risk of trying this first! I think its really important and useful for the community to learn what can and cant be done with regards to tire package and wheel travel. There are obviously always going to be more ideal ways to modify a vehicle but I can assure you that Ford wasn't doing diff drops or long arms when they were testing the mules on 37's. They probably just cut fenders, or wheel liners or nothing at all and just pinned it with instrumentation.

I would be curious (if you are brave enough) to see frame and body clearance if you can get it flexed out with the swaybar disconnected. That will show (almost) the full jounce and rebound clearances at once.
I will try it when I get a few minutes and post.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personal opinion/preference alert:

No amount of rubbing will be acceptable to me, I plan to wheel in big rocks. I will get to 37's and do so responsibly. I appreciate the OP starting us down the path of what it will take to fit 37's the right way.
Sponsored