Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe someone who knows process can clue us in? There have been units built, primarily those with MIC tops, that have been waiting for weeks. Meanwhile, other builds, both 2- and 4-door, with MIC tops that were built later are shipping out. So, what is causing the delay with the trucks with bad MIC tops? Where will their replacement MIC tops come from? And, how do the replacement MIC tops get prioritized compared to trucks going through initial production?
this is the question a lot of us are wondering. How are those of us (7/13 build date) with MICs getting skipped over for orders built after us? And will the tops that are bad be possibly be swapped out during the shutdown to clear the log jam? I hope so
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what do they plan on doing with the 2 doors marked "bad roof"? Maybe wait until the MIC issue is fixed and keep running out the supply of bad roofs and deal with it later?
Maybe someone who knows process can clue us in? There have been units built, primarily those with MIC tops, that have been waiting for weeks. Meanwhile, other builds, both 2- and 4-door, with MIC tops that were built later are shipping out. So, what is causing the delay with the trucks with bad MIC tops? Where will their replacement MIC tops come from? And, how do the replacement MIC tops get prioritized compared to trucks going through initial production?

They're addressing them and shipping them out ASAP.

They can't just pull all incoming MICs for replacing these because of the domino effect on production, so they pull what they can and move them out. This week of shutdown will provide more than enough roof inventory to get these builds resolved.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
got my window sticker yesterday. 8/5 blend date
Hoping to see my sticker today, mine went from "in order processing" to "in production" last night on the 6G tracker. Although according to my MAS rep, the PSP date of 8/2 has not changed - I can't see that though on any of the trackers that I have access to.

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They can't just pull all incoming MICs for replacing these because of the domino effect on production, so they pull what they can and move them out. This week of shutdown will provide more than enough roof inventory to get these builds resolved.
thank you as always for your insight. It is very helpful

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seeing signatures like this show just how messed up this whole process has been.
:(
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.31.52 AM.png
That's the truth. I feel for people who have been bumped around like that. I feel fortunate to have only been bumped once, so far... I anticipate it happening again.

Sponsored

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I posted this somewhere else... I dont think it is just a MIC issue. I have a soft top, not my choice, but I have been in production since 6/18. I have confirmed the truck is built by my dealer but it is sitting outside of MAP.
4dr, obx, lux, antimatter, tow, soft-top.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks for the update! Ford really should tap your top notch customer service skills for official communications to Bronco customers. :) Hopefully it's an all hands on deck effort to get the builds resolved and ready to ship by the end of next week.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no VIN's have been given out in like.... Idk 12 weeks now? And with a shutdown next week, nothing this week... Does that mean MAYBE in August they may pick a few lucky winners?

I'm just asking for a friend 🤷‍♂️ :(
ive lost all excitement about it at this point. Im bordering on resenting my bronco when it finally gets here.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ive lost all excitement about it at this point. Im bordering on resenting my bronco when it finally gets here.
I sure hope some of that excitment returns when I get mine.
I have extended my lease twice, bumped out vinyl wrap appointment twice, postponed one trip and now wonder if this will show up the 1st week of August when I am out of state for a week.

My head hurts.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree. When I received a VIN and initial build date I made the mistake of planning some of my summer around that. After the last 16 months (start of pandemic), all of this has just felt like another kick in the teeth. Even if my truck DOES get sorted over the next two weeks, it will still take another 3 - 4 weeks to get it to the west coast. Assuming it isn't held up, or worse, by wildfires. Best case scenario - maybe I'll have it in September. Yeah, first world problem. Yeah, others who are early res holders don't even have VINs, yet. So I'm reluctantly grateful, LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hiwater123

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, stang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had too, until a dealer mannequin showed up near where i live. two door squach AMB...Blown away... and I just sat in it :D

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week of shutdown will provide more than enough roof inventory to get these builds resolved.
I hope that is the issue with mine..... otherwise I dunno, but you have no idea what the value of those words are to soo many here. lol

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope that is the issue with mine..... otherwise I dunno, but you have no idea what the value of those words are to soo many here. lol
Ohhhh I hope I see mine late next week!

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the truth. I feel for people who have been bumped around like that. I feel fortunate to have only been bumped once, so far... I anticipate it happening again.
I was bumped again today, went from scheduled to day of 8/16 to day of 8/19 now. 🤷🏻 About the 6th bump I think lol.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m beginning to think this is not and will not happen this week (7/26)!

Built Emails this week 🦻? 🦗 🦗 🦗
Sponsored