First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you can wait, BD always has big sale during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It is the only time they have a sale.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now this I like.
1626908020668.jpeg
It's a bracket with light choices and includes harness for upfitter. On bajadesigns.com search ford bronco otherwise you won't find them

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is the wind noise on the highway?
I did a quick trip to 60mph on a main drag and it wasn’t that bad, I was trying to make sure it wasn’t my imagination. Faint if any difference.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome, thank you. Have you ordered yours already? Whats the best price you've found?
I got a military discount. They are back ordered on kc. Some on ebay most at msrp some over.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I took delivery of a pair of S2 Pro lights today that I mounted in the pod position. I took care of the cowl mounting first to see what kind of space I was working with underneath and it looks managable.
tempImageFU3MOK.jpg

I also got the upfitter wiring harness and the 55" splitter to run both lights off a single switch.

tempImageDbbJTp.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of the lights mounted, I wanted to go low profile for the ditch lights mainly for aesthetics.

tempImagerqARqM.jpg

tempImageSOo37c.jpg

tempImage8Bp6Bl.jpg

This last picture was just for fun. The wife and I took a ride to get some ice cream because it was a nice cool night.

tempImagejnawUl.jpg

So now I have to get the wiring completed. I am going to run the pod lights off switch 2 (saving switch 1 for fogs). Looking at the wiring diagram, I'm wondering if I'm able to simply use the connector on the upfitter harness and snap that onto the wire for switch 2. It's already powered so I'm assuming so. I watched the Bronco Nation video where they connected their rigid pod light. In that video, they connected one of the switches to one of the circuits that go behind the glove box and wired it up from there. The BD upfitter harness also has a connection for a ground which I have spotted a few areas where I can ensure it's secure.

Sorry for the dumb question but if anyone has wired up pod lights on their Bronco or has some insight, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I'm going to do a little trial and error to see if I can finish this off on my own. Shout out to @Baja Designs for making some seriously high-quality lights!

UPDATE - We Have Power

tempImagec05XqS.jpg

tempImageDyc5o0.jpg

The scotch-connector-harness-do-hicky-thingy-ma-bobber actually works really well. I recommend leaving the heat shrink on the end and then taping when you've got it connected. Just to keep it as water-tight as possible. Oh yeah, you can use the BD upfitter wiring and connect it directly to the switch you want, no need to go into the glove box unless you want to. (see below image for color-coding of powered wires) as @ohvrider suggested, you'll want to keep lower-powered items on switches 3-6 based on the fuse size (also know the wire size listed). BE ADVISED - you must ground these in order to complete the circuit, there is a spot to ground right by where you will connect the upfitter wire harness.

tempImageIe1kFc.jpg

tempImagexTLlE4.jpg

There is a lot of room under the cowl so you can clear the hinge of the hood even with some pretty big connectors. I ran the wiring into the engine compartment because there was a lot of room and it was pretty easy to zip it on to the existing wire looms in there without it getting too nasty lokking, well until I got to the passenger side haha!

tempImageb4SaXG.jpg

I left the ends of my ties on so you guys can kind of see where I routed it. I have cut them since this picture because it was secure enough that I could close up the hood. If you have any questions please fire away.
I ordered these, I’m putting them on the mirrors, I want both to work under the one aux button, will I need anymore wiring?

A8822216-6953-45DD-A454-8E1C6801A27B.png

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered these, I’m putting them on the mirrors, I want both to work under the one aux button, will I need anymore wiring?

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco A8822216-6953-45DD-A454-8E1C6801A27B
I’m not familiar with what wiring comes with those but you will need a splitter (y-shaped cable) of some sort to connect the two lights together and then you will connect the end of the splitter to the powered wire for the aux switch you want.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not familiar with what wiring comes with those but you will need a splitter (y-shaped cable) of some sort to connect the two lights together and then you will connect the end of the splitter to the powered wire for the aux switch you want.
I think it just comes with the wire that’s attached to the light and the mounting hardware

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going direct they offer a military discount. 33 years of active duty I get a little off plus their bronco specific is pre order

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco A8822216-6953-45DD-A454-8E1C6801A27B

Nice choice. Those LP6 and bumper set up will let you send morse code to the moon at the correct angle...

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it just comes with the wire that’s attached to the light and the mounting hardware
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/rigid-images/dev/Original/10001/11-13521-A-360 Series.pdf

according to the rigid documentation, it comes with bare wire leads. So yes, you will need more wiring. If you have the aux switch option on the Bronco, then it's minimal. However, if you are not familiar with wiring it, I recommend that you get a buddy to be there physically to help you through your first few installs so you become familiar with it.

Peter

Sponsored

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might be buried in the replies but did you use the supplied switch or the Bronco ones?

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might be buried in the replies but did you use the supplied switch or the Bronco ones?
I got the upfitter harness so there was only one switch to use….well 6 but I had to choose one haha! I wired it to position 3 on the aux board in the Bronco.

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the upfitter harness so there was only one switch to use….well 6 but I had to choose one haha! I wired it to position 3 on the aux board in the Bronco.
I got the extra switches as well, trying to "plan my attack" although like many, I still do not have a build date. *fingers crossed every Thursday*

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any night time photos of the new lights??

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any night time photos of the new lights??
I did not get to take my night pictures last night, I apologize for the delay. I was trying to be super-dad haha!

I can confirm though, that with the wide-cornering lenses on the inside there is not much glare off the hood, basically none. The lights are super bright and I angled them on the cowl so they pick up where the headlights start to lose coverage. So these are filling up zone 2.
Sponsored