First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone gone through a car wash yet? I know in the past there was some issues with new f150s having parts ripped off in car washes. Not interested in being the guinea pig this time. I have a 4 door And a MIC top.
Sponsored

Gigi_weedy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone gone through a car wash yet? I know in the past there was some issues with new f150s having parts ripped off in car washes. Not interested in being the guinea pig this time. I have a 4 door And a MIC top.
I have. I have a 4 dr with a soft top. Removed the antenna- no issues.

Ibeejd

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did it scratch up the window plastic at all?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might want to check that plastic trim next to the rear door handle.... Some people have had that piece just fall off on its own :)

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone tried one of those touchless car washes? Little worried water will get in coming at high pressure.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone tried one of those touchless car washes? Little worried water will get in coming at high pressure.
I just used one today on my soft top. I didn't go through the automated one, instead I used a booth. Just avoided the super high pressure up close most of the time and let the chemicals break down the dirt. And if you have a soft top I'd avoid spraying the top with anything but water.

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More than likely your bronco has already done through a car wash. I know most dealers in my region have them. If they are serviced and maintained well the chances of a car wash damaging a vehicle are very slim.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just used one today on my soft top. I didn't go through the automated one, instead I used a booth. Just avoided the super high pressure up close most of the time and let the chemicals break down the dirt. And if you have a soft top I'd avoid spraying the top with anything but water.
What is the hesitation of washing the soft top with anything but water? I’ve never owned one, so I’d love to hear the do’s and don’ts rather than learn them first hand.

Sponsored

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the hesitation of washing the soft top with anything but water? I’ve never owned one, so I’d love to hear the do’s and don’ts rather than learn them first hand.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know really, I'm just being careful. I still didn't put any fabric protector on it. So I want to do that next.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have. I have a 4 dr with a soft top. Removed the antenna- no issues.
Be careful with your soft-top. I have been warned that the cleaning chemicals, as well as blowers used by many carwashes, can damage the convertible top fit and fabric.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No way I would put either top through an automated car wash

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve taken my Jeep soft top through car washes many times - rubicon wheels and all. I never had an issue. I would do it with the Bronco but am more concerned about the big Sasquatch wheels fitting in the tracks. I will likely do it after I see other large wheeled vehicles go through.
Sponsored

Last edited: