North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was aware that this would not be a popular viewpoint, but since it is an open forum I thought it was worth mentioning. As far as conspiracy theories go, I really don't participate. However, if you want facts, I provided three for your review. You also have the right to your opinion which I respect. And of course it is easy for those who disagree to sink to lower levels of response in some cases.
The @Administrator does not take kindly to political posts.
Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am absolutely looking forward to an electric vehicle one day. The range of the vehicles today isn't the issue, it's the recharging time. Get it down to a couple minutes and I'm all in.

And when we have more efficient solar panels the roof of the Bronco can keep you going all day? Totally in.

Until then gonna keep burning dinosaur juice.
273DCBAE-C8DB-486D-8AC3-77FB5395AB72.jpeg

OP
OP

DeM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish. But, the only question that was asked was would anyone switch to a bronco hybrid if offered. As far as The issues with batteries, you are correct.

OP
OP

DeM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

DeM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Irrespective of anything else in the question:

Yes, I would consider hybrid and electric for a Bronco. Both technologies seem to have gotten their footing.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m personally in hopes that they have a hybrid option by 2023. I’m about to 99 my reservation and take delivery of a “temporary solution”

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would switch depending on the range. I'd buy a Bronco EV if the range was at least 500 miles minimum. The rate battery technology is advancing it probably won't be long until 1000 miles + isn't unusual. My Bronco will probably be the last ICE vehicle I own. I pre-ordered a Rivian R1T before the Bronco was announced, haven't cancelled yet but will probaby do so when I get my Bronco.

OP
OP

DeM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m personally in hopes that they have a hybrid option by 2023. I’m about to 99 my reservation and take delivery of a “temporary solution”
I was thinking that the hybrid might be a good option if it became available before mine was built. The original intent of the question was to see what other people thought. It was a hypothetical premise. And a speculation at most. Didn't think a question would result in some of negative feedback. I was just wondering if there were Bronco people thinking the same about if they would switch to a Hybrid Bronco if given the opportunity. It was suggested that there are plenty of posts about this, but since this is really the first time on this site, and there are thousands of posts, thought I would just see what people thought. Guess open forum is open to interpretation and it seems that if there is a difference of opinion, it doesn't go over so well. In any case, thank you.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was thinking that the hybrid might be a good option if it became available before mine was built. The original intent of the question was to see what other people thought. It was a hypothetical premise. And a speculation at most. Didn't think a question would result in some of negative feedback. I was just wondering if there were Bronco people thinking the same about if they would switch to a Hybrid Bronco if given the opportunity. It was suggested that there are plenty of posts about this, but since this is really the first time on this site, and there are thousands of posts, thought I would just see what people thought. Guess open forum is open to interpretation and it seems that if there is a difference of opinion, it doesn't go over so well. In any case, thank you.
How many times has this been asked and discussed, you did not need to start yet another thread on the same subject.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/hybrid-bronco.57/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/electric-bronco-ev-forum.109/

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird theory but to answer your question: yes, I'd get a hybrid Bronco. Don't think I'm ready for a full BEV yet due to the aforementioned long charge times.

I believe the Wrangler 4xe is now the best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle? So there's a market.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am an Electrical Engineer and love electric vehicles for all the wrong reasons. Ordering my wife the new Caddy Lyriq as soon as we can. I won't go into the potentially political discussion on "climate change", but, CO2 emissions will not change much until we get more nuclear plants up and running.

I also love solar, but each one of those solar panels puts out 300 watts while the sun is shining. It will take 30 panels 8 hours to charge a dead Tesla.

We won't discuss Hydrogen, it takes way too much energy to get it.

For the next "little while", all electric vehicles are running on natural gas via that gas turbine down the street.

And, last, I don't want a hybrid because you can't fit all that gear in a 2 door.

OP
OP

DeM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weird theory but to answer your question: yes, I'd get a hybrid Bronco. Don't think I'm ready for a full BEV yet due to the aforementioned long charge times.

I believe the Wrangler 4xe is now the best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle? So there's a market.
I looked at the Wrangler 4xe, because of owning Jeeps in the past. But still hoping to get the Bronco.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But, I have a question and don't want to offend anyone.
Offend away! Life is too short to obsess with the opinions of others. Just do it in a way that doesn't break the forum's TOS.

Basically, I've been keeping track of what is happening globally. In general, there are water shortages in at least five countries and uncontrollable fires as well. Some people are claiming the unusual temperatures will continue and are due in part to climate change. The climate change is because of many things, but particularly the burning of fossil fuels.
If you want to reduce carbon output go buy a used geo metro. You're not helping the environment by buying shiny new things made from processing mined materials. Reduce > Reuse > Recycle you know.

I also read that the administration wants to mitigate climate change by producing more EV's in the future and eventually limiting the production of gas vehicles. If this is true, then while it would be great to have the New Broncos, I have a feeling that maybe part of the delays might have to do with a phasing out of the gas bronco and transitioning to a hybrid or EV Bronco. This is just speculation on my part.
Ford was already working on an EV and hybrid bronco long before this administration came into office. The only thing that has changed is the speed with which the non-hybrid Bronco might be phased out, but that's just speculation.

The reason for this thought is because it seems odd that a manufacturer who has been in business for quite a long time, can't produce a car without all of the associated issues and continual delays.
I dont think delays are unusual at all. I've worked in large companies. Schedule slippage is the rule rather than the norm. It's always management to blame; no matter what market conditions are they are the ones responsible for the project and need to adapt rather than proclaim themselves victims of circumstances.

Aside from semiconductor shortages
There is no semiconductor supply issue(if anything semiconductor foundry output is much higher then 2019) other than ford cancling then panic increasing orders and sole sourcing from a factory that had a fire. That's all on ford. There is a demand side issue thanks to heavy handed government action causing consumer behavior to change. Too many dollars chasing the same amount of goods.

covid, and so on, they have opened the factories and there is more than one roof maker one would hope.
All challenges Ford management should have better dealt with, but here we are and in time they will adapt.

Also, a smart business decision might be to use the current semiconductors originally meant for broncos in the F150's since a ton of them are already built.
Maybe. Ford seems to think shareholders > dealers > customers and Bronco delays are both driving bad press(which damages stock price) and presumably the bronco has higher profit per unit at the moment. You might have a point, but don't assume "chips" are interchangable. It might not even be an option; The decisions on this may have been finalized 6 months ago since not everything is "just in time" production.

Customers are meant to believe roof issues won't be resolved until 2022-23.
Sure looks that way

So, there is nothing stopping Ford from stalling until the new year when decisions are made about EV's and Hybrids. In the meantime, they produce a few hundred at a time, get some orders filled, in efforts to keep people's hopes up, but in reality future Broncos might be built that are more in line with the global push.
Ford probably spent a billion plus dollars developing and bringing the Bronco to manufacturing. They want as much ROI as possible for that investment. That means slow-walking new features until the demand for the current release falls off.

The excuse will be that the EV or Hybrid will be the only options available.
I think the gen6 hybrid powertrain bronco will be the only option at the end of it's run, but I doubt we will even see a hybrid option until 2023 at the earliest because by then supply should be close to demand. There will be an EV, but I think that's scheduled from 2025 going off of rumors and press releases. Ford doesn't turn on a dime even though they invented trail turn assist.

It is true that there is a global shortage of chips, but it is also true that Ford may have put aside a stock of chips for certain vehicles.
Toyota did that and it worked out for them.

Using those chips on vehicles already built makes business sense. Sending those vehicles to car lots with mechanics who can install those chips, (if trained), helps them move forward with other plans. They simply may not have the personnel to accomplish everything and only they know the truth.
It doesn't make a lot of sense to take a vehicle they can't sell out of Ford's lot to put on a dealer's lot if the dealer can't sell it either except that it will allow Ford to build even more vehicles they can't sell. Also do you trust the dealership to handle said installation? Does Ford? And yes manpower could be an issue. It might also not be something dealers are interested in doing.

The question: If any of this is true, would anyone switch to an EV or Hybrid Bronco if that was the only option left?
Consumers are going to buy the best available thing they can for what they perceive to be their needs. Current political trends dictate that gasoline vehicles are likely to be discontinued under the force of law. Some people will react by ditching the current model for the next on a whim. Others will hold on to their rust bucket for dear life. Life will go on.

Don't worry so much about it. And since I half expect this thread to be deleted by political derailing IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: