Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were forced to buy an EV this would be it. Not the same application at all as the Bronco, but I think they’re cool as hell. Not everyone’s taste. In fact it may be a small minority’s taste, but I think they look good. The weirdness makes it look cool.

I intend to keep an ICE stable for the rest of my life, but if/when having an EV becomes a necessity something like the R1S would be my pick. Enjoy it OP it’s a neat ride.
Ditto for me. I think they are cool. Good for those that plan on using the Bronco around town or a daily driver. EV’s just don’t make if you plan on taking it off road for any extended period of time.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not into mud bogging and only light rock crawling. I'm sure the roof won't leak from a drive through car wash or deteriorate with hot or cold weather though ;)
but you gotta admit that's the UGLIEST facia of any vehicle in the automotive world!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
70K for an uglier version of a Land Rover? Enjoy!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I went to the Rivian site and for fun configured myself a build. Had to do the truck since it was cheaper than the SUV (and better looking). My build came to $102k!😯

Guess I won't be getting a Rivian any time soon. I will just wait for my $35k Bronco.😍

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was seriously considering the R1T but cancelled my preorder. Couldn’t get over the remote area battery recharge jitters. I’m just not convinced yet and the $83k my build came in at was too much to gamble on.

I really grew to like the look, not love, but like the uniqueness of the front end. The frunk has a lot of appeal to me, along with the bed, albeit too small. And the gear tunnel is sweet as well.

The performance numbers on these things is mind blowing though. Really amazing and the fact they have been built specifically for the off road adventure crowd is great. Do I think it will be a rock crawling beast, no. But it will do 99% of what anyone really needs it to. If they could lower the cost by 20k, I may have left the trigger pulled.

I really LOVE my raptor front end though lol

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If we had the $$$ my wife would have pre-ordered an R1T a long time ago. And once it came I would sneak it up to a gravel pit and f*cking tank turn it all day!

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mid 2022 they will have a removable roof option on the R1S

Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Rivian reservation since April 2019. They marketed it for years as THE 400+ mile range truck/SUV but then switched to just 300 miles when the configurator went live and announced another year before the 400+ mile (max pack option) would be available and it was now a $10k add-on (contrary to years of marketing). I know some don’t care about that range difference but I would actually need it for trips to see family. I really like the concept and features Rivian has developed but I canceled - I decided against being a guinea pig for the brand but I’d love to revisit buying one in 3-4 years.

BTW - Rivian has also pushed backed production start several times, just this week pushing START of production to September so I don’t see any way you would get the Max pack version by January 2022. Ford has screwed up the Bronco launch massively but at least Ford has a long history of making vehicles…Rivian is new to this so I foresee many more delays and problems ahead for them. Lastly, Rivian hasn’t been very transparent about the charging network side of things and service/part options are likely very limited so I didn’t need to roll the dice and hope it works out.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2021 Raptor with 37's and 801a (luxury) is $82k? Checking every option box is $90k. No where near the $100k mark.