First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone experienced a rock chip/crack in the windshield already? I live in Michigan we’re driving on our highways is similar to off roading. 🙄. Wondering if replacement windshields are available???
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure they'll stock them soon enough, but at first Google, Safelite and others don't appear to stock replacements yet.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine, worst case scenario, Ford could get an OEM replacement. Not sure of timing though.

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending how big it is Safelite can just repair it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gigi_weedy

Gigi_weedy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure they'll stock them soon enough, but at first Google, Safelite and others don't appear to stock replacements yet.
I looked at Safelite online and they don’t even list the Bronco yet only bronco sport.

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s already 3 inches long. I will call them.
They will fix up to 6” I believe. They just fixed a crack in my F150 and it’s almost undetectable. Mine was probably 2” and had 2 star cracks in the 2 inch line.

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone experienced a rock chip/crack in the windshield already? I live in Michigan we’re driving on our highways is similar to off roading. 🙄. Wondering if replacement windshields are available???
Welcome to the world of having a nearly vertical windshield. My friend has an FJ and in 9 years he's replaced his windshield 4 times. 1st one was in just a few months of ownership.

Do yourself a favor of avoiding driving behind any type of construction vehicle like the plague especially dump trucks.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our demo Bronco was delivered with a cracked windshield (obvious rock hit) We got the replacement for it fairly quickly so they are out there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gigi_weedy

Gigi_weedy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They will fix up to 6” I believe. They just fixed a crack in my F150 and it’s almost undetectable. Mine was probably 2” and had 2 star cracks in the 2 inch line.
Awesome good to know - I will call them - thanks!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have camera system in front of rear view mirror, OEM only. Have seen several that were replaced with aftermarket and lane keeping system wouldn't work afterwards. Had to put OE in to fix the problem.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you have camera system in front of rear view mirror, OEM only. Have seen several that were replaced with aftermarket and lane keeping system wouldn't work afterwards. Had to put OE in to fix the problem.
Going through this now with a 2020 Explorer. Hasn't been replaced yet, but because of the low mileage/age, the technician was able to get insurance to approve OEM. It WILL still have to be recalibrated.

Is it possible the problems you've seen with aftermarket units weren't recalibrated?

Deleted member 3063

the service tech needs to calibrate when windshield is replaced. videos on ytube

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the world of having a nearly vertical windshield. My friend has an FJ and in 9 years he's replaced his windshield 4 times. 1st one was in just a few months of ownership.

Do yourself a favor of avoiding driving behind any type of construction vehicle like the plague especially dump trucks.
Truth!!! I have a JK Rubicon Unlimited, and in 100K miles, I've had the windshield fully replaced 3 times and rock chips repaired more than a dozen times. The Phoenix area is terrible for stray rocks on the highways because of all of the construction, but rest assured, there will be a lot of rock chips in Bronco windshields everywhere. Safelite knows me by name. I can't wait for my Badlands to show up though. The windshield seems to have a slightly better rake than my Jeep so perhaps it's not quite as bad. But I'm sure I'll be visiting Safelite often.
Sponsored