MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The test are carried out at sea level, 68 degrees ambient ,40% humidity. Two gallons of fuel in the tank, and a driver who weighs 138 pounds. Common owner who bitches about performance and fuel mileage, weighs 257 pounds on average. Lol
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It sounds like my 2.7 Sasquatch 4door should be pretty close to my 2 other favorite daily drivers ( 6.2L V8 F-150 and 5.7L V8 Chrysler 300C) that are right at 6 seconds to 60. Perfect for around town and highway trips. I'll be totally content with that.

KasperRedBeard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Deserthawk
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This article finally convinced me to switch from a 2.7L to a 2.3L. The difference in acceleration is so minimal that I'd rather have the extra 41.6 miles of range per tank (2 mpg x 20.8 gal tank). Plus the 2.3L is still significantly faster than my current ride.
I tend to drive deep into back countries on overlanding adventures and don't do any extreme rock crawling, so for me the extra range is more important than extra torque.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
one HUGE factor the article dont mention is what kind of fuel? if they were burning regular instead of premium the 0-60 numbers are wrong, remember the ecoboost looses hp and torque with regular gas

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weight as tested between the models would be nice to know

Sponsored

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because they are the 4 door. And this test cheated a bit by starting in second gear. The article clearly states the Bronco is limited off the line, like I’ve been saying for weeks. They should of included the time without the second gear modification.
The video that everyone references at 8 secs wasn't in Sport mode and traction control held it back a bit.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flawed comparison or not… as a soon-to-be Black Diamond, 2-door, 2.3/Manual owner, I'll take these numbers ALL DAY LONG. I have zero interest in the Wrangler or other competitors, so the only frame of reference I want or need is how it stacks up against my current ride. A 2015 Chevy Colorado extended cab 2WD Z71 with the 2.5L I4, which is good for a whopping 0-60 time of 9 seconds. So yeah… I'm good. 😂

Broncoholic79

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
0-60 of 7.0 seconds and 1/4 mile at 15.5 for the two door Black Diamond with a 2.3 and a manual. That certainly respectable and quick enough for this type of vehicle. Looks good.
Yah just remember to dump the clutch at 5000 RPM or you can add 2 to 3 seconds on to that.

It needs to be on boost or you have a slow vehicle.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Ford Bronco V-6 Is Quicker than Jeep Wrangler, Four-Cylinder Matchup Goes the Other Way

After taking both available powertrains, including the optional seven-speed manual, to the test track, we know a lot more about how the new Bronco stacks up against the Wrangler.

Source: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37035509/2021-ford-bronco-vs-jeep-wrangler-performance/

• We tested a 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition with the twin-turbo V-6 and Sasquatch package, and it was quicker than either V-6 or 2.0T Jeep WranglerRubicons we have tested.
  • We also tested a Black Diamond Bronco with a 2.3-liter inline-four and the optional seven-speed manual, which wasn't as quick as the 2.0T Wrangler.
  • With so many variants, the performance comparisons between the two off-road icons are complicated.

Ford's new Bronco is finally here to take on the Jeep Wrangler for off-road supremacy, and like its rival, it's available in two- and four-door configurations with four- and six-cylinder engine options—and the choice of a manual transmission. We have yet to compare the two off-roaders in a head-to-head test, but after taking two different two-door Broncos to the test track, we can tell you how they compare performance-wise.

ord-bronco-first-edition-web-urbano-016-1626886667.jpg

We've tested two Broncos so far: one was a two-door hardtop 2021 Bronco First Edition with the 330-hp twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V-6 engine and the Sasquatch off-road package, the other a two-door Black Diamond model with the 300-hp turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-four and seven-speed manual transmission. The First Edition rode on 17-inch wheels and 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT all-terrain tires, and the Black Diamond wore 17-inch wheels with less aggressive 32-inch General Grabber AT/X all-terrain rubber.

broncowranglercompared-1-final-1626886710.png

In our testing, the two-door Bronco Sasquatch reached 60 mph in 6.3 seconds on its way to a 15.0-second quarter mile at 91 mph. But it could be even quicker. The Bronco allows the V-6 to build very little boost with brake torquing, which mutes its off-the-line pounce. And the Sasquatch's shorter axle ratio means that by the time the Bronco hits 60 mph it's in fourth gear. We achieved our best time when we employed second-gear starts to eliminate one of those time-sapping shifts. Starting in first was a couple tenths slower. The four-cylinder Black Diamond model with the manual gearbox needed 7.0 seconds to reach 60 mph, and we achieved the best launch with a clutch dump at around 5000 rpm.

While Jeep initially charged more for the 2.0-liter turbo engine, it now costs less than the Wrangler's naturally aspirated V-6, which makes comparisons with the Bronco's four- and six-cylinder hierarchy more straightforward. Still, it's complicated.

Comparing V-6 to V-6, the Bronco is far quicker than a Wrangler Rubicon with Jeep's 285-hp 3.6-liter V-6, which takes 7.4 seconds to get to 60 mph. But less off-road-focused Wrangler V-6s have gone as quick as 6.7 seconds. The four-cylinder race goes the other way, with a 270-hp four-door Wrangler Sahara 2.0T scooting to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds and a two-door Rubicon 2.0T in 6.5 seconds. Of course, this isn't a perfect comparison, because the Wrangler doesn't offer a manual with the four-cylinder. (Before you get upset that we're mixing two-door and four-door Wranglers, know that we haven't tested a two-door V-6 automatic and remember that the two-door Bronco is much larger than the two-door Wrangler.)

Despite weighing hundreds of pounds more than the Wrangler, the Bronco V-6 is also quicker in 5-to-60 mph acceleration as well as our top-gear 30-to-50 mph and 50-to-70 mph passing tests (the manual-transmission Bronco was much slower in the top-gear tests, which favor automatic transmissions and their automatic downshifts). The Bronco was also quickest through the quarter mile at 15.0 seconds at 91 mph, though the Wrangler Sahara 2.0T was only 0.1 second behind it at 90 mph.

22-ford-bronco-black-diamond-walker-002-1626886807.jpg

Even though the V-6 Bronco narrowly beats either Wrangler variant, the Jeep punches back in a few ways. First, we've coaxed a two-door V-6 manual Wrangler to 60 mph in a Bronco-beating 6.0 seconds. Plus, there are other options, such as the plug-in-hybrid 4xe, which, at 5.5 seconds to 60 mph, beats either of our tested Broncos. Then there's the Wrangler's new V-8, an option that Ford claims that the Bronco will never be offered with. The 470-hp Rubicon 392 promises to drop that 60-mph time down to the mid-4s.

broncowranglercompared-2-finalv2-1627046927.jpg

The Bronco Sasquatch corners and brakes slightly better than the Wrangler Rubicon, too. It required 197 feet to stop from 70 mph compared to the two-door Rubicon's 204 feet and the four-door's 212 feet. The Black Diamond Bronco needed 217 feet to come to a stop from 70 mph. We expected the Black Diamond and its less aggressive all-terrain tires to stop shorter than the extreme off-road Sasquatch, but the two Broncos were tested on different days at different tracks with different road surfaces, which could certainly explain some of the discrepancy. The Sasquatch and both Wranglers mentioned here were tested on the same stretch of track.

We achieved 0.71 g of lateral grip in the Bronco Sasquatch, 0.01 g better than the two-door Wrangler Rubicon and 0.03 g more than the four-door model. The two-door four-cylinder Bronco didn't better the Sasquatch, despite having less aggressive tires, but the Jeep Wrangler Sahara with similarly sized tires cornered at 0.74 g in our test.

Ford is strong out of the gate with the new Bronco, with the V-6 beating comparable Wrangler V-6 or 2.0T, and it's a close matchup in braking and handling at the test track. Look for a full comparison test examining the new off-road rivalry between the Ford Bronco and Jeep Wrangler soon.
For all the folks that intend to race their Broncos….. This would have been better if it was an off road quarter mile in my opinion.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford, you owe me a 15 second car

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video that everyone references at 8 secs wasn't in Sport mode and traction control held it back a bit.
This Car and Driver test wasn't in Sport mode either with the 2.7....since the truck they tested doesn't have Sport mode.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I don't pretend to know a lot about cars, so someone help me understand...

Why is the extra .7 seconds in the 0-60 worth $1900?
Just remember to dump you clutch at 5K or it will be 2.7 seconds.

Blackhawk9

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait a minute. I am confused. Does this kind of shit actually matter? Didn't we buy a Bronco because it is a Bronco and not a Jeep? Who fucking cares what the 0-60 speed, 2.7 or 2.3, off-road comparisons are? Would it have changed your mind if you knew beforehand or will it change your mind and buy a Jeep in the future? I believe the answer is 'no'.
Sponsored