Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I was out driving around The 12” screen just got glitchy and went black. I pulled over and turned the bronco off for a few minutes then I turned it back on, it was still black, I hit the camera button and the camera came on, the radio was coming on and off also. I turned it off again and disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes to reset. That seemed to do the trick now it works fine again.

449D8642-907F-4EC0-9BB9-175FE8FDDC74.jpeg
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the tip Thomas. Hope it's good to go now.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta love technology. Hope it gets sorted soon... I really hate having to reset all of my settings after something like that happens.

Sponsored

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2018 F150 screen has done that before. Screen was off for 30 minutes even after turning the truck on and off. I googled it and there were 2 buttons you could hold down that would reset the head unit and it worked like a charm for me. It’s only done it once in the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was Test Driving WT and I had to park it Reverse and when shifted the Camera did not turn on. I had to put it back to Park and shift again to Reverse then the Camera came up.

I guess there will be gremlins now and then. Until they are reported or with Ford Sync 4 updates.

Last edited:

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I googled resetting Sync 4 and it appears all you have to do is the following:

“For vehicles equipped with a volume/power and right seek button, press and hold both the volume/power and right seek button for 10 seconds and the system will reboot. “

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you guys this I’ve had my 20 F150 for almost a year and it does updates over the air through the Wi-Fi.

every once in a while it’ll be an update that has a weird glitch and I’ll have to pull over and shut the truck off and restart it.

I had a similar one where the radio stop working with a display stayed up.

and after a week vacation in our other vehicle came back in the auto up on the driver window did not want to work correctly.

later that day the key fob stopped working so I assumed it was the battery grab the other key fob it also didn’t work so I followed the online instructions to re-sync And after that the remote only works if you were within 4 feet of the truck cab. The next morning got up and everything works perfectly fine range is normal.

everybody needs to be aware that there’s a lot of technology in these new vehicles that gives us the power and the conveniences we have. Sometimes you’re gonna have to ““ turn it off and turn it back on again ““ so that the system can do a reset and allow the updates to merge.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was Test Driving WT and I had to park it Reverse and when shifted the Camera did not turn on. I had to put it back to Park and shit again to Reverse then the Camera came up.

I guess there will be gremlins now and then. Until they are reported or with Ford Sync 4 updates.
This is actually the issue that Ford had with the camera productions.

when I bought my truck in September last year the back up camera was pixelated and glitchy I took about a month for the new one to come in.

They had it for about a day my dealer actually has the set up stuff taped to the floor in the mechanic shop so they can get the lines matched. They’ve done several hundred this year.

It all has to do with manufacturing from a specific supplier.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you F up the screen OP... We know it was YOU that must have done something wrong.

Did you wax it?, Take it off road? Look at it funny?

J/k
Sponsored