Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw a Badlands in person the other day and I was impressed with the stance of it and it’s overall appearance.

I ordered a SaS package on my 2 door BD to get the lift and bigger tires. I will never use the lockers: she will be my daily driver and any off reading will be mild.

Is there a way for me to get the stance/look of the Badlands with my BD? Will the stock rims allow me to switch to 33’s and not have to buy the SaS? I’ve seen several 1.5” lifts available for other brands that look easy to install (they look like fiber discs).

I‘m not sure how the 35’s are going to handle or last on the road.

I‘m probably looking at a $3k savings that I can put towards a trailer that I will need after trading in my truck.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If all you want is the stance, then yes, it will be cheaper to do it yourself.

But the Sas is more than just wheels, tires, and lift… so you have to weigh if you want any of the other things (including different diff gearing, wider flares, upgraded axle…) or the additional capabilities (longer suspension travel).

Last edited:

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been a couple posts with people upgrading to 33 tires. If you plan to change the offset you may need to remove the rear crash bar, but it's sounds like that's very easy to do.

Overall minor changes if any to move to 33s. I don't know how this will effect offroad performance though. If you are going to push your articulation you may get some rubbing.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SAS = off road capability, which you just said you don’t need. (No shame in that). You’re interested in cosmetic items so yes you can accomplish that via less expensive mods. You also improve your build chances.

I don’t say that just because you dropping SAS improves my chances too 😂.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a Badlands in person the other day and I was impressed with the stance of it and it’s overall appearance.

I ordered a SaS package on my 2 door BD to get the lift and bigger tires. I will never use the lockers: she will be my daily driver and any off reading will be mild.

Is there a way for me to get the stance/look of the Badlands with my BD? Will the stock rims allow me to switch to 33’s and not have to buy the SaS? I’ve seen several 1.5” lifts available for other brands that look easy to install (they look like fiber discs).

I‘m not sure how the 35’s are going to handle or last on the road.

I‘m probably looking at a $3k savings that I can put towards a trailer that I will need after trading in my truck.

I think you are a great candidate for just doing rims and tires and dropping sas. The real benefit of sas on a BD is all the extra off road kit, but if you are using it as you say that is a bit of a waste.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally had SAS on my Badlands order but decided to drop it. Not needed on that trim and saves me a few thousand dollars. If I was getting Base up to Outerbanks then I would get SAS due to those trims having smaller tires and less off road features stock.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For your stated uses, yes, you can easily and cheaply jump up to 33's.
285/70-17 (32.6") will fit no problems, no lift required ... according to those who have done it already. You're only jumping up about an inch in tire size. (265/70-17 = 31.6")
The 4.46 gearing will be GREAT for 33's.

I'm thinking about 285/70's or 285/75-17 (33.8") on my baseBase. I MIGHT have to lift a little.

Matter of fact, regarding the 34" 285/75's ..... https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-285-75-17-bfg-m-ts-pics.20087/#post-719614

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If all you want is the stance, then yes, it will be cheaper to do it yourself.

But the Sas is more than just wheels, tires, and lift… so you have to weigh if you want any of the other things (including different diff gearing, wider flares…) or the additional capabilities (longer suspension travel).
This is the bane of my Bronco understanding: i think because Mama Ford never detailed it out. However, Ford is here now: @Ford Motor Company , would you PLEASE detail the differences in your 3 suspensions for the masses? Heck, with us UNDERSTANDING each of them correctly we might even be able to adjust build and reduce your constraints.

Basic - Badlands - Squatch

Some thoughts are that Squatch is rentals a Badlands but with some type of upward travel limitation to prevent tire-body contact.

@Ford Motor Company - please advise!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to add, I saw a 33" Badlands next to a Wildtrack at the auto show .... you're right, the Badlands is damn impressive and there really was very little difference in "presence".

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This has been a struggle for me as well. I have bounced between Big Bend with rear locker and Base Mansquatch. I am an Oct reservation and wanting the MIC (I guess!) So it will be MY22 for sure. At this moment my builds are basically equal in cost with what I will add and do aftermarket. With that, I am going to sacrifice any interior upgrade for the drive stronger drivetrain and factory lift. But the struggle is real with this one and I am completely with you on your use. Agree with the above as well with the 4.46 working well with the 33s. Best thing is to get what you want and are happy with!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is the bane of my Bronco understanding: i think because Mama Ford never detailed it out. However, Ford is here now: @Ford Motor Company , would you PLEASE detail the differences in your 3 suspensions for the masses? Heck, with us UNDERSTANDING each of them correctly we might even be able to adjust build and reduce your constraints.

Basic - Badlands - Squatch

Some thoughts are that Squatch is rentals a Badlands but with some type of upward travel limitation to prevent tire-body contact.

@Ford Motor Company - please advise!
You must have missed my thread.

WARNING: Deep dive technical details ahead!

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

Ford Bronco Rethinking SaS 1623675007580-

Last edited:

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't need the off-road capability then don't spend the money for it. I would avoid the fiber disk lifts for lifts. As soon as people start swapping their sasquatch suspension for Fox and Icon you'll see a lot of stock Sas suspension on the used market for cheap, wheels and tires too, you can scoop that up and have the look without the price

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the SAS looks so good! Just left the dealer and saw both a Beg Bend with and without the SAS. SAS is the way to go. I know that sounds stupid, but the Bronco looks so much better with the larger wheels. Yes, 33’s looks good as well, but proportionally the 35’s look still look better. If you are building a truck straight from the factory, you might as well get what you like. Just my opinion.

47A82C1F-A0D0-48B1-9B7F-E934810C7EBF.jpeg

F3E71A3B-EAA2-4F3D-98FC-48123F03F4ED.jpeg

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But the SAS looks so good! Just left the dealer and saw both a Beg Bend with and without the SAS. SAS is the way to go. I know that sounds stupid, but the Bronco looks so much better with the larger wheels. Yes, 33’s looks good as well, but proportionally the 35’s look still look better. If you are building a truck straight from the factory, you might as well get what you like. Just my opinion.

Ford Bronco Rethinking SaS F3E71A3B-EAA2-4F3D-98FC-48123F03F4ED

Ford Bronco Rethinking SaS F3E71A3B-EAA2-4F3D-98FC-48123F03F4ED
Ford Bronco Rethinking SaS Yes
Sponsored