Sponsored

Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What additional equipment will you be adding to your rig for Trail use, Overlanding, everyday use, etc.

why this particular piece of equipment?
How has it helped you in the past?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely will be adding one of these. Currently running a handheld, works pretty good, want to add a more powerful base unit for more power and better range. My handheld puts out 5 watts, while the 2 I’m looking at put out 15 and 40 respectively.

https://midlandusa.com/micromobile-gmrs-two-way-radio/

Ford Bronco Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying? 40A49524-EB53-41F4-95D2-3A236FE783DD

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another definite add on for me is a good winch setup. Had to pull myself and others out many, many times. Several great options on the market, some very reliable that don’t break the bank. Have had very good luck in the past with the Badlands line sold at Harbor Freight (the warranty is top notch for a great price.), actually given a couple of those away at raffles I’ve done in the past on my off road group.

I think I’m going with the RC 9500 w/synthetic rope. Another great product that won’t break the bank (particularly since I’m friends and wheel with a local dealer) and I’ve seen it in action several times.

Ford Bronco Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying? 8171F1D1-2427-4B0B-9D1B-D4CEBD3ECCA1

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any chace the Bronco will come with a recovery kit like some of the Jeeps?? If not, I'll buy a basic kit to have in the back.
LED flashlights of course, multi-tool, lighter, Springfield Hellcat, EDC bag/IFAK, gloves, Jump Box/cables.
For off-road adventures, throw in shovel and some traction plates...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off the top of my head, at least traction boards, a snatch rope, and some soft shackles. If I get a winch, then add a tree strap and a snatch block.

Although I'm not really digging how a winch is mounted on these. I'm sure there'll eventually be some better options.

Any chace the Bronco will come with a recovery kit like some of the Jeeps??
Almost certainly. Ford sells one made by Warn that's an option on other trucks.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Badlands 12k waiting to go on my black diamond ;)
As for stuff I keep in my wj:
  • farm jack
  • traction boards
  • 2 toolsets (Regular and pass through sockets) I would like to make a specific set for the Bronco, one that only has the sizes/tools required for the vehicle.
  • various fluids( Quart of oil, atf, 5 quarts of water)
  • tow strap ( I want to replace this with kinetic rope)
  • ratchet straps
  • Spare fuses
  • 12v compressor
These things have been useful wheeling. ATF is good as it can be used in a pinch for other fluids in the car. Not for long term though. (Im going to get flamed for that)

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Off the top of my head, at least traction boards, a snatch rope, and some soft shackles. If I get a winch, then add a tree strap and a snatch block.

Although I'm not really digging how a winch is mounted on these. I'm sure there'll eventually be some better options.

Almost certainly. Ford sells one made by Warn that's an option on other trucks.
Im with you on the winch position, Least restriction to the radiator and tucked in the better. I like the integrated bumper mounts that sit between the frame. Like this
Ford Bronco Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying? 1595087575004

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have a full medical kit (basically everything somebody EMT-B level would be able to use) and a dense bleeding kit in every vehicle, so the Bronco will be getting one of those. Also recovery straps, etc.

I've been thinking about putting CB radios in our offroaders but I haven't gotten around to researching the best one to get. I don't know a lot about radios and I want one that will be able to talk on handheld frequencies with spotters or people with handhelds in other vehicles.

I would consider a synthetic winch for the Bronco but I'd want to get some training with one or find some way to get practice without the pressure of a real recovery.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking about putting CB radios in our offroaders but I haven't gotten around to researching the best one to get. I don't know a lot about radios and I want one that will be able to talk on handheld frequencies with spotters or people with handhelds in other vehicles.
Cobra 75 WX ST. Great for vehicles with a lack of space

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have a full medical kit (basically everything somebody EMT-B level would be able to use) and a dense bleeding kit in every vehicle, so the Bronco will be getting one of those. Also recovery straps, etc.

I would consider a synthetic winch for the Bronco but I'd want to get some training with one or find some way to get practice without the pressure of a real recovery.
A lot of people are switching to the GMRS systems, license is $70 for 10 years, covers everyone in your family and multiple radios, where ham is individuals. The GMRS can also interact with the frs walkie talkies and have much more range than a standard cb. Handhelds with decent range start at $30.

having spent almost 20 years in towing and recovery as well as off Roading, I’ve come to like the synthetic ropes vs standard wire rope. It doesn’t kink, it floats, has a lot less recoil if broken under tension, much lighter and doesn’t have a memory core if not wound back up properly.

it is much more susceptible to cuts and can weaken over time when exposed to uv rays. (A cover on your winch solves this problem.) So there are pros and cons to both.

as far as the medical supplies, I just carry a medic with me. ? (my wife is an EMT).

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any chace the Bronco will come with a recovery kit like some of the Jeeps?? If not, I'll buy a basic kit to have in the back.
LED flashlights of course, multi-tool, lighter, Springfield Hellcat, EDC bag/IFAK, gloves, Jump Box/cables.
For off-road adventures, throw in shovel and some traction plates...
I'm sure I saw with the Sport, you can get a on-road and off-road recovery kit from ford....?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Must haves for me...ARB compressor, fire extinguisher, tool box, basic medical kit, shackles and a tow strap. I think I am going to see what size Pelican case I can mount somewhere in the Bronco

Here the underseat of my Raptor.

Ford Bronco Equipment & Trail Accessories You’ll Be Carrying? IMG_2326
Sponsored