Sponsored

Place to find good beginner off-road trails?

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking to start to get into off-roading once mine comes in but I have never done it before. I probably will need to bring an experienced friend or two but wondering what a good resource is to find trails that wont help me wreck
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sister used to live in Boston and she told about a beach somewhere up north of you that took a lil offroading to get to. It was enough that my uncle couldnt make it in my fathers Ford Flex. Not sure where, but I like to use google earth and other trail maps to locate places to wheel.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My sister used to live in Boston and she told about a beach somewhere up north of you that took a lil offroading to get to. It was enough that my uncle couldnt make it in my fathers Ford Flex. Not sure where, but I like to use google earth and other trail maps to locate places to wheel.
Maybe it was Plum Island up by ipswich? I haven't been there myself. I can't tell if the main road is paved now or not. Only thing I could find for ORVs on plum Island were some older posts. There might be some pull offs out there though.
There is also Race point in provincetown/Truro where you can take your vehicle off roading, only thing about the seashore passes is that its for the entire summer season so it can be $$$ if you only intend to go once.
Some of the MA state forests used to allow off roading but are limited to dirt bikes now. I think some out in western mass might still allow jeeps, maybe try to join up with a local jeep club they might have a list of the unmaintained roads they use.
Alltrails seemed to have a filter for off roading trails. I haven't taken a close look though.

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've looked but I'm in the same boat. I'm a novice. I think NH and Maine might be the best option. I recall seeing that the Bronco might be loaded with trail maps? I winder if it will have some in Mass.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gaia gps app is a good place to start

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vermont has something like 4200 miles of 'class IV roads' which are unpaved, unmaintained roads. They are probably unpredictable though
Sponsored