david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mercedes glc 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay? The fine men and women of MAP are ramping up at an exciting pace to get as many of your builds out the door as possible.

The current pace of production is seeing nearly 900 units daily roll off of final assembly as we sit just 2 weeks away from "full blend" line speed. That 900 figure is split between Bronco and Ranger, currently running about a 60/40 split. Bronco's body shop has been pushing out as many as 300 rigs per shift, as they are running ahead of final a bit on speed. Units are only going to paint when there is room for them on final after, so there will be some ebb and flow here.

We've all been let down by the issues surrounding the MIC tops - my own included - and I have to believe that there is a fix in the works. All I can say for certain is that issues are being documented thoroughly and I expect some customer-facing movement on this soon.

As you've seen, production mix for the coming months is shifting outside of demand for hard tops (and all 2 door units). There was optimism in the last 6 weeks when output at the Plymouth plant ticked up a bit, but the multiple issues with delivered roof units has popped that balloon quite quickly. I can't say for sure what the final mix will be, but dealers are being asked to program retail stock builds (all 4 door soft tops, mostly base and Big Bend trims) so that MAP has a pool of backup builds in case they run out of buildable units. They will NOT build appreciable stock units IF there are buildable customer units in the queue. It's just a matter of what they're able to build.

IF you're lucky enough to get a hard top Bronco delivered, document the heck out of your roof at delivery. Take pictures of the entire inside and outside in detail. Note any inconsistencies - however small - so the dealer has record of it for when a solution becomes available.

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Annoying roof issues aside - that I'm confident Ford will address - these rigs are sweet. They're fun an engaging to drive, they're comfortable to live with, they do what you ask them to without any protest, and they catch the eye of everyone around you.

Added:

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.

Q&A:

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the news!!

Do you have the exact day of JOB1 Balance out and date of the JOB2. Asking because of the pre-kit for soft top.

I have my order on 99 until I see they're going to start with September scheduling.
I saw a video also detailing to wait until September to Place the softop order - the units will then be pre-fitted with hard top conversion kits (wiper/wash lines).

amexboi

Outer Banks
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mercedes glc 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay? The fine men and women of MAP are ramping up at an exciting pace to get as many of your builds out the door as possible.

The current pace of production is seeing nearly 900 units daily roll off of final assembly as we sit just 2 weeks away from "full blend" line speed. That 900 figure is split between Bronco and Ranger, currently running about a 60/40 split. Bronco's body shop has been pushing out as many as 300 rigs per shift, as they are running ahead of final a bit on speed. Units are only going to paint when there is room for them on final after, so there will be some ebb and flow here.

We've all been let down by the issues surrounding the MIC tops - my own included - and I have to believe that there is a fix in the works. All I can say for certain is that issues are being documented thoroughly and I expect some customer-facing movement on this soon.

As you've seen, production mix for the coming months is shifting outside of demand for hard tops (and all 2 door units). There was optimism in the last 6 weeks when output at the Plymouth plant ticked up a bit, but the multiple issues with delivered roof units has popped that balloon quite quickly. I can't say for sure what the final mix will be, but dealers are being asked to program retail stock builds (all 4 door soft tops, mostly base and Big Bend trims) so that MAP has a pool of backup builds in case they run out of buildable units. They will NOT build appreciable stock units IF there are buildable customer units in the queue. It's just a matter of what they're able to build.

IF you're lucky enough to get a hard top Bronco delivered, document the heck out of your roof at delivery. Take pictures of the entire inside and outside in detail. Note any inconsistencies - however small - so the dealer has record of it for when a solution becomes available.

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Annoying roof issues aside - that I'm confident Ford will address - these rigs are sweet. They're fun an engaging to drive, they're comfortable to live with, they do what you ask them to without any protest, and they catch the eye of everyone around you.

Added:

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.

Q&A:

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.
According to my dealer in Toronto, they had 2 vehicles on order - one of which is mine. Apparently the other vehicle shipped. Mine has been produced but "not released or shipped". What does that imply?

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has a serious problem on their hands once cold weather kicks in.

Frost heaving is going to rip the tops apart (around the edges) if there is moisture ingress as the photos so far show gaps plenty wide enough for snow or water accumulation. Simple science, really. Pot holes, but on your roof edging.

If you live in a cold weather climate, you may need to look at some repair work if my hunch is correct. Even some tape or 2 part epoxy could seal the edging a bit. There are special epoxy brands just for this.

If you live someplace warm like I do, then this is really a non issue.

I have full faith in Ford to fix this and my order is a go.

Thank you for the update!
I agree. I would photo/detail any issues with the hard top i may have whenever mine arrives. Then, i would get excellent adhesive and meticulously go over all the MIC roof edges to give me best hope of least degradation until warranty provides otherwise.
Ross, you're a superstar! Prese pass on my 'Well Done' to any MAP folks you converse with - we all know it's not them.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a video also detailing to wait until September to Place the softop order - the units will then be pre-fitted with hard top conversion kits (wiper/wash lines).
At this rate, I think you're already good to change the order to soft top as if you don't have a VIN by now, that means that your built will be after September.

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My build status for 7/19 has been sitting at "In Production" for almost a week with no updates, is this a normal experience others been having? I never received any emails or anything from ford at all. I just happened to see all this on my own.. Is this common?

Screenshot_20210718-143830_Chrome.jpg
Mine
yours is interesting being that most current builds have been getting shipped, 2 door or 4 door?
7/14 and have heard nothing. My tracker still says in production with 7/14 under it

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then, i would get excellent adhesive and meticulously go over all the MIC roof edges to give me best hope of least degradation
you will have automatically voided your warranty; see pages (I think) 13, 14

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you will have automatically voided your warranty; see pages (I think) 13, 14
Ya, thought about that but - only after showing the Ford rep the damage and filing for warranty repairs.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this rate, I think you're already good to change the order to soft top as if you don't have a VIN by now, that means that your built will be after September.
Not me, hard top only for me. I won't see mine until Nov-Mar anyway so i feel pretty confident they'll get the bugs worked out by then. Thanks though!

ApexNCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
The Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update from a 7/15 Blend with #5520 rotation. No email from Ford but checked my tracker and it shows an ETA now of 8-9. Few other on that thread are getting same changes.
FYI: 4 door OBX with MIC, TOW, LUX, NON SAS and live in NC
So some good news to start the week!

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 5.43.56 PM.png

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update from a 7/15 Blend with #5520 rotation. No email from Ford but checked my tracker and it shows an ETA now of 8-9. Few other on that thread are getting same changes.
FYI: 4 door OBX with MIC, TOW, LUX, NON SAS and live in NC
So some good news to start the week!

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 5.43.56 PM
Don't hold your breath too long...My said 07/26/2021. In Production since 06/29/2021.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine now shows estimated delivery 8/23. Blend date was 7/12, and my rotation was 3717. Seems like if this was legit, I would have a "Built" date on the tracker, as well.

Last edited:

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get excited about the delivery date. Mine says 6 days ago.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So are the estimated delivery dates similar to the Window Stickers? A new sticker is generated every 7 days. So if your order is >2 weeks "In Production" you win an Estimated Dealer Delivery date? Thanks for playing, LOL.
Sponsored