Sponsored

Why do they have such a hard time deciding to put the 5.0 in?

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s all a game. Their not going to show all their cards until the time is right. In a couple years when all the hype dies down Ford will most likely add something awesome to make more money.
And that's where warthog comes in, I bet $100 it's not going to be a V8 either. I heard rumors (on these forums) to expect a hybrid with like 600 lbs torque...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisMeyers

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't hold your breath.

IF it does come out it will be $$$$ and a low volume specialty unit I bet.
Well I hope not. They put the 392 though into a challenger for 38K so I wonder if there will be an option like that without it being an SRT Wrangler.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a Coyote owner, I honestly think the 2.7 is a better fit (pun intended?) for the Bronco application. The 5.0 has a very linear power curve, it is not a massive torque hit off the line like the Chevy 6.2 is, it needs to be revved to maximize the power application. Great in a Mustang, not so much in a Bronco, just my opinion.
This....the Coyote likes to live up top in the revs. I did 148mph at VIR in top of 5th gear in my 2015 Mustang GT and it was just starting to get happy. 460hp, high revs and Dana 44 axles dont mix with 35's or 37's.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I hope not. They put the 392 though into a challenger for 38K so I wonder if there will be an option like that without it being an SRT Wrangler.
The problem is everything needs to be built to handle that power, axles, transfer case, cooling system. Plus no way they release it without 35" at least which add money. Then Jeep will make it top of the line tech inside, I'd guess at least 60K.

Plus there was an interview with a Jeep engineer I believe who said the Hemi fits but won't pass crash tests, so they would have to redesign it to pass.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has nothing to do with power.
It has everything to do with size and purpose

1 it might BARELY fit but good luck making it Maintenance and Assembly Friendly

2 likely wouldn’t pass crash tests

3 won’t pass emissions tests in most countries (if it’s going globally)

4 Demand for v8s is PLUMMETING. Mustang (excluding Shelby) and F-150 demand is only getting lower

5 THE BIGGEST reason
The upcoming (2023+) Raptor/Warthog version is getting the 3.0 Ecoboost with 400hp 415 (similar peak numbers to 5.0) but the ecoboost has more low end balls.

at the end of the day. Ecoboost motors are better any way you shake it, the only nice thing about the v8 is the exhaust tone

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car reviewer Doug DeMuro had a thought in his recent video about the Bronco that Ford might be waiting until interest wanes in a year or two before releasing a Bronco Raptor with a V8 in it.
Pretty much, I figured they'd save it for a Raptor

By year's end next year, they'll have coyote kits and Ford Racing will offer Sasquatch for Manuals

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because Ford spent a zillion dollars on the the EB platform ... you can't invest all that $$ and then decide not to use it.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are either of the ecoboost engines in this vehicle "unreliable"? Quick searching on the 2.7L and it pretty much just says it's a reliable engine considering it's new.
My understanding is the 2.7 is a very reliable engine. People are just a bit weird about a relatively small V6 turbo in a full size truck. I don't blame them, I've felt that way for years...

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford is trying to kill off the V8 in general. I'm surprised the new F150 wasn't all Ecoboost and zero coyote. I'm convinced Ford is actually angry that they feel the pressure to still make a V8 with manual mustang. Even their half million dollar super car was Ecoboost....
The Godzilla may have been the swan song for the v8. Maybe the engineers begged for a victory lap before ICE people get transferred to Hackett's electric dream machine. :LOL:

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This....the Coyote likes to live up top in the revs. I did 148mph at VIR in top of 5th gear in my 2015 Mustang GT and it was just starting to get happy. 460hp, high revs and Dana 44 axles dont mix with 35's or 37's.
This. The 5.0 in the F150 doesn't hit its torque peak off 400 lb.ft. until 4500 rpm. 2.7 hits that at 2750.