Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that won't happen. Our anniversary is August 9th:) 24 years. We were sharing my truck and that came to a meltdown which almost involved me telling her about the Bronco. She was at wits end as we have been a one car house for six months. I found and bought a MINI Cooper for her to drive this summer. Its a Sport Clubman that had issues I was able to resolve, 90,000 miles, paid $3900. She loves it for a summer driver, it has a sunroof and goes like a rocket, 6 speed manual. So took the heat off a little:)
Crap.....

Either way - she is going to love it and you rock!
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much respect, sir.
These are the posts and stories I could read all day (even though they are sad in most regards) vs. the complaining and 1st world problem rants.
This illustrates what is important in this journey of life.
The love you can show those you care about.
The memories and experiences this vehicle can allow you to have.

My story is nothing like this, but it is the journey, memories, reactions, experiences it brings that I am longing for. The vehicle is a cool tool to allow that to happen.

Again, much respect to you, and well wishes for years and years and years more of your story together.
May we all be able to see it as it unfolds, as that would be our honor to be able to do so.

And may we all be humbled a bit by your story and remember don't sweat the petty things or pet the sweaty things.

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is awesome...and a fantastic surprise for your wife. I feel like you're right on target with the Bronco. It's more than just a car that you're getting, you're buying back a feeling.

Ever thought of reaching out to Ford directly, they'd probably eat this up and might even put your truck on a more rush delivery. That said, this feels like something that could easily go viral, which would definitely ruin your surprise, so may want to be careful there.
Its been all over the two forums, I'm OK with waiting. Its like the time you spend planning for vacation is part of the fun, but then when the vacation is over....

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When they eventually build a National Bronco museum, your story will be displayed front and center. You are both very lucky to have one another. As a side note, those wheels are out of this world amazing and will be a great addition to what will be the most famous Bronco ever. You said that you hoped the Bronco will make her feel young again. I would not worry about that happening sir, I know in my heart that it will, as does every other member of this forum. Your only problem is what people will think when they see both of you cruising down the highway and assume that she is driving around with her dad. ;-)

Sponsored

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those who hadn't seen my original posts:

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive. What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also recieved my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are recieving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael
Tire 1.jpg
Tire 2.jpg
Such a great story. Looking forward to follow up on how it all went.

Love the wheels Where did you get them from?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THIS. IS. INCREDIBLE!!!

Lost my mom at the age of 6 to breast cancer. She was only 30. My youngest brother was only 1. Brutal. So glad your wife emerged victorious! They've come a long way in treatment since my mom's death.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Antimatter Blue
Did you get the Color Painted to the Rims? if so how did the Aftermarket match the AMB color which is pretty new and only from Ford?

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you get the Color Painted to the Rims? if so how did the Aftermarket match the AMB color which is pretty new and only from Ford?
I guessed. It my intention was to match the color of the flake and hopefully make the blue pop a little more. Stop this video at 1:34 and you will see it. They are a stock color from the manufacturer. My goal is to make her truck unique, the only one like it for her. Working on some subtle decal options reflecting her love for mountains and the outdoors, her cancer battle. Stay tuned:)

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Such a great story. Looking forward to follow up on how it all went.

Love the wheels Where did you get them from?
Tire wheel and hubcap, Florida

Sponsored

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thats an awesome story and you are awesome for doing that for her. I'm sure she will love it

What are those rims you bought? they look great

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its been all over the two forums, I'm OK with waiting. Its like the time you spend planning for vacation is part of the fun, but then when the vacation is over....
when vacation is over...then you start making the credit card payments ;). Excited for you!

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
when vacation is over...then you start making the credit card payments ;). Excited for you!
I've been waiting for so long my down payment is almost bigger than the truck. I wish:/

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS. IS. INCREDIBLE!!!

Lost my mom at the age of 6 to breast cancer. She was only 30. My youngest brother was only 1. Brutal. So glad your wife emerged victorious! They've come a long way in treatment since my mom's death.
Please don't misinterpret my "love" reaction.
There is no emoji for "Hey man, I send you all the support and good things I can, and am sad to hear this."
Sponsored