First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get how everyone says the Bronco isn't a 0-60 vehicle, and it is not, but since the HP wars became a thing again after the 90s it only makes sense that we compare our vehicles performance, and the best way to do that is with numbers, these numbers don't have any relevance to wanting to drag race the vehicle or not - it's just data. I wouldn't buy a twin turbo v6 if it was going to be a dog going up a long highway climb, or so slow off the line that I can't get out of the way of traffic in a dangerous situation. And since most of us can't test drive them yet numbers and data are the only numbers we can vicariously live through. Comparing a Bronco 2.7, with the bash plates, 35s, and all the other off road goodies, can only be fairly compared to a similar vehicle of which none in North America is currently made. Now when Jeep does have their extreme recon package on the road on a non 392 Jeep with a full bash plated kit, then we can compare apples to apples I think.

One of the closest actual comparisons that comes to mind for the Bronco is the Lexus GX460 with the 300HP v8. Lift that on 35s with bash plate and see how slow that is! Similar weight, power, etc. but will be slower than the new Bronco fully kitted. Also look on the Wrangler forums and see how slow Wrangler JLURs are lifted on 35s or 37s. So slow they won't post about it! The Bronco 'squatched should be really good for what it is and if it's not I'm gonna get a Wrangler 392 or swap out for the Raptor version whenever that becomes available.
Sponsored

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see why everyone thinks there is a 1000 mile break in period! Somethings gonna change after that? I work at one of the plants they run them on dynos they beat the shit out of them. Just saying!!! Oh and excuse me for any of my punctuations that may me wrong!!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't see why everyone thinks there is a 1000 mile break in period! Somethings gonna change after that? I work at one of the plants they run them on dynos they beat the shit out of them. Just saying!!! Oh and excuse me for any of my punctuations that may me wrong!!
Itā€™s not that everyone thinks it. The manual details the break in period. I donā€™t keep my vehicles long enough to care about breaking them in so Iā€™m gonna send it from the dealer.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And fast actually is not subjective. Itā€™s based on distance over time and distance over time squared, which is famously non-subjective math.ā€
You donā€™t seem to have a very good grasp of the word ā€œfastā€. It is 100% a subjective term in the English language when used to describe a single object.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FE does not have Sport mode. There was a VERY noticeable difference between Sport and Normal modes in the 2dr Wildtrack I drove. Iā€™m not concerned at all after driving the Wildtrack.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You donā€™t seem to have a very good grasp of the word ā€œfastā€. It is 100% a subjective term in the English language when used to describe a single object.
Letā€™s go with the Oxford Dictionary definition:

ā€œ1.
moving or capable of moving at high speedā€

Maybe you can indicate which word here describes ā€œfeelā€ or ā€œbutt dynoā€. My grasp of the word is just fine, thanks.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Letā€™s go with the Oxford Dictionary definition:

ā€œ1.
moving or capable of moving at high speedā€

Maybe you can indicate which word here describes ā€œfeelā€ or ā€œbutt dynoā€. My grasp of the word is just fine, thanks.
Youā€™re wrong man, idk what else to tell you. When used to describe a single object, the word ā€œfastā€ is subjective. Thereā€™s nothing to debate here.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Youā€™re wrong man, idk what else to tell you. When used to describe a single object, the word ā€œfastā€ is subjective. Thereā€™s nothing to debate here.
OP wasnā€™t using it to describe a single object, was he? He was explicitly using it to contrast two vehicles. Did you read the post? ā€œFastā€ canā€™t be used as a subjective term to describe just one object without context of other, similar objects. If it is, literally anything capable of movement is fast.

Weā€™re getting into the weeds here to distract from the fact that TFL got a TEN SECOND time out of their 2.7L truck. If you consider that ā€œfastā€, apparently the word ā€œfastā€ is far more subjective than it should be, and Iā€™ve got an Iron Duke powered 1980 Pontiac Sunbird that would knock your socks off.

Finally, fast is the wrong word to begin with. Everyone in this thread is discussing ā€œquicknessā€ and calling it ā€œfastā€. Not the same thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you are into that sort of thing Ā»

I am going to cancel my order because I really was buying the Bronco for drag racing. I am also going to return my BMW M5 because it sucks offroad, and that is what I bought it for (full Baja!). And my FX4 F150, back it goes too because it is not as fuel-efficient as a Tesla, especially when towing, and that was what I was after there. :p

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are into that sort of thing Ā»

I was at milan drag way with my friend he was tuning his car for race day. So For fun we wanted to see what my bromco would do..
Its a 2dr badlands on 33 a v6 auto on 93 octane ..It ran a 0 to 60 in 4.9 .and quater mile in 13.2..that was the best out of three runs. ..the others are 5.1 and 14.2. . . 5,2 and 14,1. Very far from the 10 second they say...

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was at milan drag way with my friend he was tuning his car for race day. So For fun we wanted to see what my bromco would do..
Its a 2dr badlands on 33 a v6 auto on 93 octane ..It ran a 0 to 60 in 4.9 .and quater mile in 13.2..that was the best out of three runs. ..the others are 5.1 and 14.2. . . 5,2 and 14,1.
LORT that thing got a Hemi in it!?!?!?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was surprised how slow the Bronco was when I drove it, particularly from a stop....I don't really get it with that engine, it should be better. Scary with the FJ, as I thought mine was underpowered, especially in the mountains....so that 10 second 0-60 at elevation is brutal.
Curb weight of the 4-door JLU Rubicon is 4,439 lbs. Curb weight of the 4-door FE is 5255 lbs. That's a significant 800 lbs extra weight on the Bronco.

4-door Bronco with all the fixings has benefits, but also has a down side of hauling a bunch of extra weight all the time, which will impact acceleration and handling. There is no free lunch.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its a 2dr badlands on 33 a v6 auto on 93 octane ..It ran a 0 to 60 in 4.9 .and quater mile in 13.2..that was the best out of three runs. ..the others are 5.1 and 14.2. . . 5,2 and 14,1. Very far from the 10 second they say...
I'd like to see the time slip on that one! šŸ˜²
Sponsored