Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having tested the 2dr wrangler and knowing the score of the bronco this is completely untrue. The 2dr wranglers articulation is a lot better than the 700. I got 820. The Bronco tested on a 20 degree ramp. This is 30 degree.

223088008_158504202943405_4490524616328826160_n.jpg
If the bone stock Wrangler could be repeatedly demonstrated by Jeep to exceed 800 on the RTI ramp, wouldn't they have paraded that out the moment Bronco published numbers? It would be crazy not to. I think the biggest issue with what you have pictured is that you are not on perfectly flat ground, maybe it is, maybe not (I do not remotely think you are trying to mislead in any way) but it can certainly be challenged from a marketing standpoint. It is very clear that it can flex like crazy but when all four tires and the ramp itself are pressing into compressible soil it is going to change, if ever so slightly, how far up the ramp you get before a tire leaves the surface.

As for Fords claim of wheel travel, as others have already pointed out, that is different from pure articulation and has its own merits off-road independently from pure articulation.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup they can have your $0.18

Iā€™ll take mine elsewhere šŸ˜‰
As I was corrected above, it's actually more like $0.002.

But anyway, I'm curious what your favourite source for video 4x4 content is.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I was corrected above, it's actually more like $0.002.

But anyway, I'm curious what your favourite source for video 4x4 content is.
Iā€™m not trying to hurt them lol I choose not to support their content.

My favs are TrailRecon and MattsOffroadRecovery

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the bone stock Wrangler could be repeatedly demonstrated by Jeep to exceed 800 on the RTI ramp, wouldn't they have paraded that out the moment Bronco published numbers? It would be crazy not to. I think the biggest issue with what you have pictured is that you are not on perfectly flat ground, maybe it is, maybe not (I do not remotely think you are trying to mislead in any way) but it can certainly be challenged from a marketing standpoint. It is very clear that it can flex like crazy but when all four tires and the ramp itself are pressing into compressible soil it is going to change, if ever so slightly, how far up the ramp you get before a tire leaves the surface.

As for Fords claim of wheel travel, as others have already pointed out, that is different from pure articulation and has its own merits off-road independently from pure articulation.
Tire pressure also matters - if you're not at factory level pressures then that's another challengeable claim.

Point is if someone thought the Bronco was going to exceed the Jeep's RTI they may have been overly ambitious. However, does the difference between the two offset the Bronco's better on-road suspension behavior and rack and pinion steering - I don't think so.

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I do not think Jeep felt they needed to. The only RTI scores ever posted has been by people testing like I did. The uneven ground actual hurt it and that was why I did not post in in other areas. The front right was lower than the ramp. I agree they both have there merits. I am interested in building an overland rig in the future. I have a child and two dogs. The 4dr SAS badlands seems like the winner to me over the 4dr wrangler do to size and 35s are great for that case. The softer IFS will be nice over multiple miles covered as well. My point is the Wrangler just has a lot more articulation. This rig will be a wheeler so the narrower size. the ease of putting 37s on it and the lift will increase articulation and be affordable. I will then also have close to a foot of travel out of the front and a little over a foot rear. IFS is really hard to improve travel on a semi budget. Tossing a bunch of money with longer control arms and axles will get you more travel but make it too wide for most trails in the pacific northwest.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video comparison, it's good to see them out on the trails. Pretty much cemented what I thought, Bronco is a bit piggy, but perfectly capable on any sort of trail I would attempt. Can't wait to see Tommy swear more getting that Defender down.

Interesting seeing the mileage on the electric and a real-world case of trail turn assist. All in all a very good video.
Glad they didn't cut that scene!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha thanks! Wait till you see me drag that Defender down the mountain if you thought I was upset here šŸ˜®
Nice to know Tommy is real. Iā€™d be pissed to and you couldnā€™t show any of it on camera. Side note. Iā€™ve REALLY enjoyed all your videos. Keep up the good work. šŸ˜Š

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really good video and the first Iā€™ve seen that really test the Bronco.

I have to say the Jeep looked more comfortable out there though. That spot in the video where Tommy disengaged the sway bar and then they showed the Jeep going through it clearly shows why solid axel is king on trails. Bronco holds its own no doubt though.

This video may have convinced me to not go Sasquatch. The Bronco is big. Badlands non squatch seems the way to go for trails.
Iā€™m with you and now Iā€™m real happy I went with the 2 door šŸ˜Š

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great video, super fun to watch. Seeing Tommy lose his sh!t when the second tire popped was hilarious. I enjoy TFLs videos. They do a good job, even if I don't always agree with them.

I am excited the Bronco is bigger than the Wrangler. We are looking forward to having a little more room as a daily driver. If I was going to be offroading all the time, I would go with a Wrangler. 2" lift and 35s and it would have more travel, articulation, clearance, and good tire size. But since I will driving it 95% on road, I take the Bronco all day.

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On-road, I think it's clear that the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler. Off-road, I think a Sasquatch Bronco compares nicely to a Rubicon Wrangler on 33's. As soon as you put 35's on the Wrangler, it seems like the Wrangler would be the clear choice. Gonna need 37's on a Bronco to compare to a Wrangler with 35's which is what I had on my last Jeep. Just my gut feeling based on what I've seen so far in videos, but can't wait to get my Badlands Sasquatch out on the trails I've already run with Wranglers to get a true comparison for myself. Maybe I'll have it by Christmas?

OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not trying to hurt them lol I choose not to support their content.

My favs are TrailRecon and MattsOffroadRecovery
Love MattsOffroadRecovery, binge watched that channel's videos during Covid, great stuff. I also like TrailRecon but mainly the videos where he goes with all his buddies on big trips (e.g. that beach camping in baja video is one of my favorites with that Marco guy that inspired me to get a skottle grill). That said, the only channel I've directly supported is Matt's by buying his recovery rope and some of his merch. I run ad blocker plus on all my computers so no youtube channel gets ad impressions out of me.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great video comparison, it's good to see them out on the trails. Pretty much cemented what I thought, Bronco is a bit piggy, but perfectly capable on any sort of trail I would attempt. Can't wait to see Tommy swear more getting that Defender down.

Interesting seeing the mileage on the electric and a real-world case of trail turn assist. All in all a very good video.
As he said I am a little concerned about a lot of people using that on trails like Black Bear pass. Locking one side sends twice the wheel speed to the outer wheel due to the differential. Taking the fact that its radius of travel is a lot shorter than the front wheels that rear wheel is spinning 3.5x faster than the front. Place like black bear pass that will dig the downhill side. Now imaging 40+ rigs a day doing it. I would be curious for them to do a test and run the same turn 10 or 20 times to see what happens. Also not to mention you have to have 100% faith that it will work. If the ABS faults in the middle it would unlock that inner wheel sending you possible death.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love MattsOffroadRecovery, binge watched that channel's videos during Covid, great stuff. I also like TrailRecon but mainly the videos where he goes with all his buddies on big trips (e.g. that beach camping in baja video is one of my favorites with that Marco guy that inspired me to get a skottle grill). That said, the only channel I've directly supported is Matt's by buying his recovery rope and some of his merch. I run ad blocker plus on all my computers so no youtube channel gets ad impressions out of me.
LiteBrite is great too!

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah those are fantastic! Any more that you like? Iā€™ve seen a couple more that seem interesting but I havenā€™t got addicted to them. I hear the lite brite one can be good
Sponsored