Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run 1627492818109

I just can't understand how my Bronco broke
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"the engine actually seized up"

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run 1627492729276

Thanks for the update.
Best of luck.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That really sucks, but it does happen and is not unheard of with any vehicle.

I work for a truck upfitter, we run hundreds of vehicles through our shop, most if not all fleet trucks. Some orders I get 10-40 trucks all identical. I've seen brand new Fords, Rams and Chevys blow the engines before the first 100 miles over my 13 years in the business. They are very few and far between but anything mechanical, built by humans is not perfect. This does not count the laundry list of items we've found missed by the factory QC and Dealer PDI process...

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke with the dealer today, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.
The other warning lights could just be because the engine died and voltage dropped (alternator no longer spinning) or some other weird thing where the computer doesn't know what's going on so it just flashes lights.
My truck is a stick shift and if I stall it, several things light up including stabilitrack.

Best of luck with this. Thanks for being the guinea pig to find out somewhere the engine needs help with sand dunes. Id assume it took in sand.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I expect to see some issues coming up, but this is not a good look right now, especially if turns out to be an engine issue that is duplicated in multiple vehicles. Mazda had a similar problem in the 1999 Miata and had to replace a lot of motors (all because of bad thrust bearing clearances on the crankshaft).

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very disheartening. Suppose it was from not waiting for that break in period?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Should hopefully know more in the next few days.
New vehicle bugs were bad enough in the 'old days'. But in today's environment many dealers are scheduling service 2-3 weeks out. That puts error messages in a whole different category.

Somebody's gonna build a rig with ZERO chips & make a fortune!

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up.
was not expecting that, doesn't sound like you will be getting back in the drivers seat any time soon 😢 sorry to hear of the troubles.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear OP, but y'all realize this can happen to any vehicle and so far this is the only one reported lol?

People switching orders or cancelling money down off a single forum post are wild. Shit breaks and as long as Ford fixes it, cest la vie with buying a new vehicle.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke with the dealer today, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.
Woof. That's some tough news to get. Sorry to hear it.

The only "positive" from a general audience perspective is that this is a proven engine, so it's likely a freak, one off thing rather than an engineering/design issue.

Good luck with whatever resolution Ford proposes.

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear OP, but y'all realize this can happen to any vehicle and so far this is the only one reported lol?

People switching orders or cancelling money down off a single forum post are wild. Shit breaks and as long as Ford fixes it, cest la vie with buying a new vehicle.
I honestly agree with you. Still holding out to hear what Ford engineers say but with only one instance I don't think it's fair yet to label this as some sort of systemic issue. If I was watching this thread as a reservation-holder, I wouldn't change or cancel my order based on this alone.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly agree with you. Still holding out to hear what Ford engineers say but with only one instance I don't think it's fair yet to label this as some sort of systemic issue. If I was watching this thread as a reservation-holder, I wouldn't change or cancel my order based on this alone.
Good attitude to have.

It's not a new engine and its been put into hundreds of thousands of vehicles with 0 issue, I guarantee this is not widespread and Ford will take care of you as they should.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good attitude to have.

It's not a new engine and its been put into hundreds of thousands of vehicles with 0 issue, I guarantee this is not widespread and Ford will take care of you as they should.
Agreed. This motor is proven. This is not a design issue, if it were the f150 forum would have been screaming for years. Sorry it happened but it HAPPENS.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seized up? Wow, that sucks I’m sorry!

Everyone else CANCEL YOUR ORDERS! Do it now! Cancel all of them, do NOT buy this vehicle! I’ll take one for the team and I’ll get mine and be the test dummy for the rest of you.
Sponsored