Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this really such a concern to everyone? This is an enthusiast group, most of us will be performing lots of mods on our vehicles ourselves - that's a big part of the fun! Is re-locating a license plate frame really that challenging? Of all the silly things to worry about....
View attachment 91316

While I would agree with you that it is fairly trivial, I would like to avoid the extra holes in the painted trim area if I can help it.
This. ☝
Sponsored

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so standard issue front bumper, will the license plate seat in the bumper itself, or still be up blocking the grill?.... hope all this talk is about steel bumper/winch

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about they set it on the front dash and we call it even...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so standard issue front bumper, will the license plate seat in the bumper itself, or still be up blocking the grill?.... hope all this talk is about steel bumper/winch
According to Ford, it is ONLY on the grill when a winch is ordered. Otherwise on the bumper. They’ve pit out wrong statements before...but that is what they have said in a deliberate statement.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Ford, it is ONLY on the grill when a winch is ordered. Otherwise on the bumper. They’ve pit out wrong statements before...but that is what they have said in a deliberate statement.
Im going to go with whoever at Ford made the statement doesn't know what they're talking about option. Because that "grill" location pictured would be completely blocked by the winch. They'd have to move it way up the grill to be visible behind the winch, meaning the only real option for the plate with winch is to go somewhere lower on the bumper.

Sponsored

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh my....

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Front license plates are required here in California 😪, but thankfully Eric at Kearney Mesa Ford put in a front plate bracket delete on my order 😀 I will find someplace to put it but it sure ain't going where the stock plate goes, guess I'll see how many fix-it tickets I get before I really decide where to put it LOL 😉
What about something like this: License plate retracting: 9:00 - 10:05

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im going to go with whoever at Ford made the statement doesn't know what they're talking about option. Because that "grill" location pictured would be completely blocked by the winch. They'd have to move it way up the grill to be visible behind the winch, meaning the only real option for the plate with winch is to go somewhere lower on the bumper.
Me thinks this may be what Ford means by "on the bumper"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...acement-on-antimatter-blue-base-bronco.12970/

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount location closeup pic 1614021564712

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. It appears to me to be in the exact same spot... the latest picture is just on a vehicle with the grill and body colors reversed from the first pictures, so it's making the plate mount look like it's in a different place.

Look at the edge of the grill in relation to the plate holder.
Hmmm, appears that I was correct, it's lower than shown in that photo. See these recently released photos.

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount location closeup pic 1614028002026

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, appears that I was correct, it's lower than shown in that photo. See these recently released photos.

1614028002026.png
This is a completely different and previously unseen mount. This is one is mounted directly to the standard bumper. So yes, this is lower, but not the one that we previously discussed.

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount location closeup pic Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 16.16.04

The one previously from this thread is above the Modular... and you can see it's clearly attached to the trim below the grill.

Ford Bronco Front license plate mount location closeup pic Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 16.13.26
Ford Bronco Front license plate mount location closeup pic Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 16.15.08

Superfrog13

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a problem in California. In fact, this isn't a rare sight...

DSC_8947+copy.jpg

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Amazon I saw a few tow hook front license plate brackets, would those work for these purposes?
Sponsored