Sponsored

Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ???

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I picked up my Black diamond bronco on Saturday! Almost a week and I can't be more excited! I love it! That being said, I noticed this, the rear gate looks as if the metal is buckling...🤷🏻‍♂️ I don't know what it could be, nothing has hit it or it's not been hit by anything and you can tell that by these pictures, I'm wondering if just the outdoor elements are causing the metal to react in such a manner that it's buckling or stretching or shrinking I'm not sure, is this normal???

Update
Well it looks as though someone or something...😤 Has nailed my bronco in the back. Lower/ lower left of the spare tire. At the bottom where the spare tire hangs, apparently the two rubber stoppers or spacers are not suppose to be crushed like mine are.🤦🏻‍♂️ I didn't even look at that. We compared it to the demo and yup, someone hit the bronco. Please be careful in parking lots. We left it alone one time for a total of maybe an hour at the emptiest part of the lot and this happens.
What to do next...
Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091227

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091232

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091238

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091242

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091249

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091253

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091257

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091310

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091319

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091321
Sponsored

Last edited:

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take that to the dealer ASAP and let them inspect it. That is not supposed to happen

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I picked up my Black diamond bronco on Saturday! Almost a week and I can't be more excited! I love it! That being said, I noticed this, the rear gate looks as if the metal is buckling...🤷🏻‍♂️ I don't know what it could be, nothing has hit it or it's not been hit by anything and you can tell that by these pictures, I'm wondering if just the outdoor elements are causing the metal to react in such a manner that it's buckling or stretching or shrinking I'm not sure, is this normal???
Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? IMG_20210729_091321

:oops: You 100% positive it wasn't this way upon delivery?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Syphon

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea looks dented, malformed :(
[/QUOTEi
Yea looks dented, malformed :(
I can't tell what's happening to it! One of the bulges has completed disappeared!!!???? It's so funny! It's going to the dealership this afternoon and they are aware of the problem. I'll keep all us posted!

OP
OP
Syphon

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
:oops: You 100% positive it wasn't this way upon delivery?
I'm 100% positive me and the two salesman went over it we even took pictures beforehand this is completely new

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That should have been noticed upon transport delivery inspection or on the next business day if dropped after hours. Any marks on the spare like something bumped it?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way it would buckle from a thermal difference in a stiffener ridge. The reason for the ridge is to prevent warping. That is a dent, plain and simple.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you been parked in a public space recently?

Judging from the pictures, it looks like the lower part of the spare was bumped and pushed inward, from the amount of space at the top versus the bottom of the spare from the door.

Anyone else have access to your vehicle? A teen or spouse that maybe backed into a garage wall or cinder post in a parking spot?

These doors won't just warp like that on their own, they are over engineered to support the weight of the spare.

Typically, the most plausible explanation is the right one. If it were me, I'd be looking into if someone bumped into my car or my car bumped into something.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm 100% positive me and the two salesman went over it we even took pictures beforehand this is completely new
Wow! Any chance someone ran into your spare, or you backed into something and this is the reinforcements underneath the gate from spare tire mount causing the damage?