Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered first of 500 2015 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they didn't know about the Hammers before the reveal, they do now because a lot of what you saw was the Hammers, @ 6:35 it states "THE HOSS" system and show the Bronco pounding through a wash full of ruts and rocks the size of your head, might not sound like much but it wasn't going slow it was bouncing from rock to rock and not wildy, but in a controlled fashion. This to me was quite impressive !!! I ready to test out that IFS myself.
Dude, I love that sig...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been doing some soul searching and after talking with a friend, he said that thereā€™s no way it will only tow 3500lbs in V6/auto/4 door. Or if itā€™s only rated for that, there may just be one specific criteria that it canā€™t pass past 3500 lbs. He said to buy it and if it needs bags or anything you can always add that to tow more, but honestly Iā€™m going to be towing my crawler maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Will probably just end up doing that, but honestly I still donā€™t believe the 3500 tow rating. Makes no sense that itā€™s the same regardless of wheelbase/engine/trans.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been doing some soul searching and after talking with a friend, he said that thereā€™s no way it will only tow 3500lbs in V6/auto/4 door. Or if itā€™s only rated for that, there may just be one specific criteria that it canā€™t pass past 3500 lbs. He said to buy it and if it needs bags or anything you can always add that to tow more, but honestly Iā€™m going to be towing my crawler maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Will probably just end up doing that, but honestly I still donā€™t believe the 3500 tow rating. Makes no sense that itā€™s the same regardless of wheelbase/engine/trans.
My 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis FULL FRAME Solid rear axel leaf spring 10.5ā€™ wheel base 4.6 V8!!!! Can only tow 1500lbs. Yet a f150 same year same style can tow 8000! Why? The struts..... thatā€™s it. I just throw on a better strut and boom 5000lbs

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Like I said. The mustang gt350 manual is BEAFY. no good for off-roading or not good for road use. Only for track day.
WTF the TREMEC TR-3160 in the GT350 isn't very beefy, it is rated to handle 429 FT/LB of torque. So about the same as the Broncos Manual trans
Why do you say it is only a track day transmission??????
It is one of the best street transmissions I have ever driven. We can only hope the Broncos Manual Transmission shifts this well

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
4runners can offroad pretty damn well and tow 5000+.
Not nearly as well. Half the articulation rating. 60% the suspension travel. Heavier longer wheelbase. All those add up pretty quick to help rating.

Iā€™ve also heard that the removable top is the reason why the lower toe rating. Due to some stupid NHTSA rule about convertibles

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5 No manual with Sasquatch and/or V6. Thatā€™s due to durability. Moving that much torque and moving those big wheels is going to put a lot of stress on the transmission especially the clutch. Sure they could make a HD transmission, but that would be horrible for road use. Odds are less than 15,000 manual Broncos will be sold annually. Not enough to just multiple set ups.

Ford KILLED it and blew most people expectations (including mine) out of the water even after the 5 years of build up, hype and leaks.

Ok so we all know how long winded I am so I picked the main thing I haven't figured out yet to talk about so I don't make this an novel.........

No manual with Sqatch but if I am looking correctly you can get a Badlands 2.3 7MT with 4A and all the Sqatch stuff standard except 35's and the beadlock capable wheels, this would then be the only tings the Sqatch package that adds to the Badlands ........... or do I have it wrong.

.... and to your last comment, my sediments exactly. (y)

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
WTF the TREMEC TR-3160 in the GT350 isn't very beefy, it is rated to handle 429 FT/LB of torque. So about the same as the Broncos Manual trans
Why do you say it is only a track day transmission??????
It is one of the best street transmissions I have ever driven. We can only hope the Broncos Manual Transmission shifts this well
Torque rating has to do with the actual gears. Not linkages and clutches. The clutch is WAAAAAY heavier in the gt350 than the rubicon wrangler. And the gear shift is much harder.

Everything about that transmission is more solid and beafy. Not the rating. Not actual feel to it.

Just like thereā€™s a massive difference in the manual in a base c7 vet vs the z06. The feel of the transmission is completely different.

Track vs street.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so we all know how long winded I am so I picked the main thing I haven't figured out yet to talk about so I don't make this an novel.........

No manual with Sqatch but if I am looking correctly you can get a Badlands 2.3 7MT with 4A and all the Sqatch stuff standard except 35's and the beadlock capable wheels, this would then be the only tings the Sqatch package that adds to the Badlands ........... or do I have it wrong.

.... and to your last comment, my sediments exactly. (y)

35ā€ tires with bead locks on Sasquatch only 33ā€ mT tire on bad lands are not bead lock.

But yes the 35ā€ appear to be the only major update for the bad lands on Sasquatch. And I think thatā€™s 100% to do with the clutch. Too much torque needed to move those big boys. And then people would be complaining to ford why their clutch is burned out by 30,000 miles

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not nearly as well. Half the articulation rating. 60% the suspension travel. Heavier longer wheelbase. All those add up pretty quick to help rating.

Iā€™ve also heard that the removable top is the reason why the lower toe rating. Due to some stupid NHTSA rule about convertibles
I bet the vast majority (like me) has no idea what those things mean and won't ever take the Bronco in a situation where that is needed. But I would love to tow my boat. :)

It's a gripe more than a complaint tho.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet the vast majority (like me) has no idea what those things mean and won't ever take the Bronco in a situation where that is needed. But I would love to tow my boat. :)

It's a gripe more than a complaint tho.

Itā€™s basically how well the suspension does offroad.
Yes the 4runner is GOOD. Offroad. Not great. (Better than a crossover) but the wrangler and bronco even in base modes are great offroad.

And the 4 runner at its base has a completely different suspension set up than the bronco. Different control arms. Different linkages. Different mounts. Everything. Not just struts and springs.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs