Sponsored

Can headlights be turned completely off while driving in the day?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I saw a Bronco 4d pass me yesterday in the daytime with the top off and the headlights were on. I am guessing those are always on, but I am a little old school and really like to minimize the UFO look in the daytime when on spy missions, stalking my ex-girlfriend, etc. I am probably getting signature lighting, but let me know if there is a way to completely turn off the headlights during the day.
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old vehicles sometimes if you engaged the park brake it would turn the day time running lights off, so just one click. Now with the electronic e brake won’t be so easy. Probably have to go in to forscan and disable the dtr’s.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Related tip/observation in driving my Bronco less than 24 hours since I got it. The headlights dial was set to “Auto” when I got it, and that’s what I prefer to leave it on. But twice yesterday/last night I saw that the lights were still on a few minutes after I parked. Both times, I realized the dial had somehow been turned one notch to straight “On.” I have to guess I brushed it with my knee or leg when getting in or out. So be watchful that you do not accidentally leave your headlights on when not in the Bronco.

Edit: Just saw the comment above about correlation with parking brake. That could be it, since mine is a manual and I set the parking brake every time I park. That seems like a dumb function. Like I said, I just got the Bronco home later afternoon yesterday and haven’t cracked the manual at all yet.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys worry about the weirdest things lol. You’re never even going to see them because you’ll be driving it.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Related tip/observation in driving my Bronco less than 24 hours since I got it. The headlights dial was set to “Auto” when I got it, and that’s what I prefer to leave it on. But twice yesterday/last night I saw that the lights were still on a few minutes after I parked. Both times, I realized the dial had somehow been turned one notch to straight “On.” I have to guess I brushed it with my knee or leg when getting in or out. So be watchful that you do not accidentally leave your headlights on when not in the Bronco.

Edit: Just saw the comment above about correlation with parking brake. That could be it, since mine is a manual and I set the parking brake every time I park. That seems like a dumb function. Like I said, I just got the Bronco home later afternoon yesterday and haven’t cracked the manual at all yet.
The vehicle will chime if you leave the lights on after turning it off (dial not in the auto position).

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can turn off the LED headlights in my Lariat F-150. You do it through the info screen in between the gauges.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So be watchful that you do not accidentally leave your headlights on when not in the Bronco.
In most modern vehicles, even if you leave the vehicle headlights in the "on" position, they will automatically turn off after some preset time when you turn the vehicle off. It's not like the old days where you leave your headlights on and the battery is going to run down.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was my knee. Getting out, I was hitting the dial with my right knee.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forscan does alot of this with the f150. I switched out what led running lights are on/off when driving and in auto mode.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno what the laws are in the US, but in Canada we have DRL....
For a non-Sig grill, this will be the LED headlights. For the Sig grill, it'll be the LED rings around the headlights.
Also for 2021 (or 22?) all vehicles that do not have automatic headlights (on or off) will require the tail lights to be on with the DRL as well.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys,

I saw a Bronco 4d pass me yesterday in the daytime with the top off and the headlights were on. I am guessing those are always on, but I am a little old school and really like to minimize the UFO look in the daytime when on spy missions, stalking my ex-girlfriend, etc. I am probably getting signature lighting, but let me know if there is a way to completely turn off the headlights during the day.
Yes.

Pg 94 of the owners manual explains how to turn off headlights, pg 95 explains how to turn off DRL on vehicles with Configurable DRLs.

(“Configurable DRL” is listed as standard equipment, but is not necessarily available in all markets. Not entirely sure, but I believe DRLs are permanently on for US .gov sales and in Canada.)

Ford Bronco Can headlights be turned completely off while driving in the day? FF6EF44E-72D5-4F0D-B4D6-107CCBCF5333

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old vehicles sometimes if you engaged the park brake it would turn the day time running lights off, so just one click. Now with the electronic e brake won’t be so easy. Probably have to go in to forscan and disable the dtr’s.
Perfect, I have not heard of Forscan and was assuming it might be some kind of computer module
Thanks - Do Forsacan
Yes.

Pg 94 of the owners manual explains how to turn off headlights, pg 95 explains how to turn off DRL on vehicles with Configurable DRLs.

(“Configurable DRL” is listed as standard equipment, but is not necessarily available in all markets. Not entirely sure, but I believe DRLs are permanently on for US .gov sales and in Canada.)

Ford Bronco Can headlights be turned completely off while driving in the day? FF6EF44E-72D5-4F0D-B4D6-107CCBCF5333
Thanks so much. That is absolutely awesome that Ford gives you an option to configure for some of us that are a little old-school and live in countries that do not require DRL.
Sponsored